2008 Honda Fit

Based on 386 Ratings for the 2007 - 2008 models.

Great car, but a couple of misteps!

By on Thursday, April 26, 2007

"After extensive research based on cars in this class, I felt that the Fit was a great choice for me. It looks stylish, is roomy, handles well, and supposedly has great mileage... . The mileage is the kicker as they give a EPA of 31/37 city/hwy for the Sport autotransmission model. In actuality you get 32-33mpg which is liveable for highway, but for city and it's a wopping and extremely disappointing 10-15mpg city (I live in NYC). Even if you are lightfooted and take off slowly (which can not be safely done with the maniacs in NYC whizzing by you) it still is not effective. One other point is that it's a "low riding" type of frame. I had to experience parking on the side streets during snow storms then digging out. It took a considerably longer time to dig out and it I had to shovel a completely flat and clear path to drive out because the Fit was unable to drive over the snow hurdles without struggling then falling back into place even though it was just a few inches above ground. These are points that I was unable to research as this is the first year the Fit was introduced. I would like newer models to address these concerns. However given the choice again I would have still chosen the Fit for it's overall value, I have had two other (used) Honda's in the past and was tremendously happy with them so they still have my loyalty."

By on Sunday, June 8, 2008

"Amazing car. Rountinley get 34-38mpg 50% city %0% highway(manual tranmission). Three people went on a 3,000 mile camping road trip and there were no comfort complaints. I had a small pick-up truck before the Fit and was worried about cargo capacity. Suprisingly I can fit as much in the fit when the front passenger seat and back seats are down, and don't have to worry about tying anything down. Overall great ca.r"

Grat gas saver

By on Thursday, February 28, 2008

"I'v had this car for nearly 2 years and it is great. Have put 42k on it and only had one issue with it. The alignment was not set correctly when it was made and the first set of tires were done by 18k miles. After this issue was fixed, havent had a problem since. I do wish the vehicle was a little less rat/mouse looking and it is not very macho for a man to drive. When i fill up the tank and see i have gotten upto 36 miles per gallon, i just dont care what it looks like....i'm just happy to have saved some money at the pumps. Also, it is quick. such a light car with the v-tec engine. like it alot"

Solid pick

By on Monday, February 11, 2008

"I considered hybrids as I was looking for excellent fuel economy and low emissions but couldn't justify the price premium for a Prius and didn't want a sedan. The Fit is very versatile, in essence being a small wagon. I also looked at the Nissan Versa but the Fit's seating/cargo flexibility won hands down as well as having a more sporty feel on the road. Having owned an early Civic hatchback and 2 Civic wagons I expected, and have gotten, reliability, econonmy and value from this car. I've averaged 30-45 mpg over 16k miles with an overall (in rural Maine) average of a bit more than 38 mpg from July through early Feb. Performance is great, no problems so far, interior finish is OK for the price, comfort is acceptable for a couple of hours at a time. Wish I had spent the extra for the Sport mainly to get the 15" wheels/tires and cruise. Overall a great little vehicle with loads of room and excellent fuel economy."

Great car but issue with water leakage in trunk

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage, reliable"

Cons: "engine and water leakage in trunk"

"love the car but have one issue and wonder how many others have the same problem as I have come across a few people with the same issue and am trying to do a poll to see why Honda has not issued some type of recall even though it is not necessarily a safety issue. I have had 2 water leaks in my trunk. The first I can possibly attribute to something I did wrong. I went through car wash twice and left the antena on. You are supposed to remove it. After this water leaked into my trunk. I had it fixed since my car was under warrantly. But about a year ago, i noticed that I had water leaking in my trunk again but this time it was by the spare tire. I called Honda but my car is no longer under warranty so they would charge me just to check it and see what the problem is and it would cost quite a bit to fix it. Since I have found others who have the same problem, I am thinking that this is something Honda should fix for free as this might be a manufacturing issue?"