2007 Honda Fit

Based on 386 Ratings for the 2007 - 2008 models.

Hard to be without

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"After taken many test drives of various vehicles, it was easily narrowed down to Fit. Why? Best performance on steering. There is no lag at any point during any turn. Also one of the most smooth shifts I have ever experienced. I'm 6 ft 4 in and fit extremely well in the front. I am snug in the back but if I had to sit back there I could do it even for a long trip. Anybody that knocks the fit by its appearence should really get behind the wheel and feel it for yourself. Never before in my life would I have considered a 4 door hatch for a car until I drove the Fit. Great fuel economy I can pull 34 in the city which is what I drive 99% of the time.Simply an amazing underpowered machine."

Great car for the money!

By on Monday, August 6, 2007

"I waited 3 months for my Fit and have enjoyed driving it for over a year. I have put 12,500 trouble free mile on it and am just getting ready for the 2nd oil change. Great insurance rates, safe and fun little car. Hauls more then you can imagine in the back with the Magic seats folded down. Check it out if you can find one on the dealers lots."

The Fit:a great economy car;punisher on long trips

By on Monday, December 3, 2012

Pros: "priced decently for options"

Cons: "punisher on the long haul - more than 50 miles"

"gets an avg. of 30MPG; more on the Hwy, and up to 35 if you are not using the A/C or heat, and/or facing high winds. Very reliable and quick response, but with the 4cy engine, you need to turn off heat/ac to access freeway entrance ramps. It has a lot of cargo storage-the seats lay flat; it's actually more room than the 06 & 08 Civic we had. It does have road noise, but what economy car doesn't!"

Does more than most cars

By on Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pros: "Larger inside than some full size cars."

Cons: "Carpet material made out of used paper towels"

"We have owned this car from new, it has been very reliable, the interior is very spacious. I am 6'4" and I can sit in the back seat when she is driving. This is the only car I have ever found that has 5 cup holders that can be used when you are carrying 5 people (most cars loose the middle rear seat to access the 2 rear cup holders in a pull down arm rest)if you have kids this can be an important feature. The front wheel bearings went bad at about 35,00 miles, Honda replaced them under warranty. They have gone bad again at 82,000 miles. I like that the front seats have a lever at the top of the seat back cushion that allows me to slide the seats back before I get into the car. The car drives well and has plenty of pep and gets between 30 to 33 mpg in mixed fwy and street driving, it corners well but the rear passengers are subject to hard rear suspension impacts, I would have liked stability and traction control. Apart from the wheel bearings my only complaint is that Honda fitted the Fit with carpet that is not really carpet, its compressed fiber, it got holes in it at about 30,000 miles which Honda decided was normal wear and tear. I have a 20 year old Toyota with 260,000 miles, the carpets are dirty but no holes. My last and biggest complaint: Who the heck came up with the name "FIT"?..."Jazz" wasn't catchy enough??? Did they do a Goggle search Honda Fit? No! Otherwise they would have realized that calling a car "FIT" means that any time your search for it you get ALL and I mean ALL of the parts that FIT any Honda including motorcycles."

Utilitarian yet Fun and Reliable

By on Thursday, July 30, 2009

"pros: -can fit two bikes (with seats folded) -can fit at least 4 full-size luggages and more if seats are folded in different ways -can fit bed frames (disassembled) -used my Honda Fit in moving -can fit pretty much anything in your house with seats folded in different ways -zippy gear, good steering -airbags galore (dual front, dual side, front and rear curtain side) -comfy seats -ipod/iphone jack input -premium sound (on my Sport model), noise adapt -fuel economy, 26-28 city, 38-40 highway (based on my own driving and where I live) -Honda reliability and resale value -some extras like fog lamps, paddle shifters (on my Sport model) cons: -ride too coarse for my taste (i guess perhaps of the Sport model) -struggles a bit when passing or merging on freeways and uphill climb -underseat fuel compartment noisy when full (you will hear a bit of splash back and forth underneath your seat when you break)"

By on Saturday, May 9, 2009

"A nice car, though I have a few complaints that may be as much the dealer's fault as the car's itself: I have the base model, as I could not justify an extra $1800 for fancy wheels and a rear spoiler. However the Sport package did include cruise control and remote locks. The dealer told me when I ordered the car that the cruise could be put in by them. But when the car arrived, they said no, I'd have to go to a 3d party installer, pay $150 more than the dealer quoted for their install, and it would likely void various warranties. So I am driving around with a full time foot on the gas pedal. Not a big issue in town, but it would be nice for road trips. Likewise, even though the Honda web site listed adding the remote locks, the dealer says they don't do this either. The car has very poor FM radio performance. In part this is caused by interference from the Electric Power Steering system. Unless the station is pretty close by, there is a lot of noise which is a problem if listening to classical music or talk radio."

2007 FIT REVIEW[55,000 miles]

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"At 9:00 P.m., I drove into the dealership with my 1 year old Dodge truck. Gas was going through the roof and I was commuting 35 miles each way. There sat 4 new FITS. I'm 6'3'' and well past my prime. SO, I was skeptical of the claim that there was ample headroom in this little scooter of a car. American car makers...WAKE UP!! I discovered that there was MORE headroom in the FIT than my Dodge Dakota Club Cab!! The pick up is snappy and responsive. Having 55,000 miles on the FIT now, I can state with conviction that except for the missing arm rest, this is a TERRIFIC car!! I get between 32-36 MPG WITH REGULARITY!! My driving is between 30-55 mph with few stops. I purchased the max. warrenty...120,000 bumper to bumper and was informed that this was the only money not well spent that day. I loved the confidence that the dealership has in this car! My 2 25-30 year old boys call it lots of bad names due to its exterior looks but the versatility of the car is amazing.BOTH rear seats fold down with a light lift of a recessed handle AND both seats ALSO fold UP..to reveal deep storage space amidships. I did get only 27,000 on my first set of tires. Those looking for the perfect commuter car need look no further."

Best small car out there!

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"Bought my new Fit Sport Automatic in March of 2007, after putting down a deposit even before the car was built. Car is built in Suzuka, Japan, to very close tolerances. At this writing, mine has 51,000 miles on it and is 19 months old. Never had a problem with it at all, and it is still very tight and just like new. I am so glad I did the research before buying this car. It cost more than the Toyota or Nissan that are its competitors, but it is worth the difference. The "magic seats" are fantastic. I am a photographer, and often need to transport a lot of gear. This car fits the purpose perfectly, and gets good fuel mileage, also. I love my Fit!"

One the best cars for any price!

By on Sunday, August 3, 2008

"I bought the 5 speed MT after they first came out (May 2006). I wanted a reliable economy car that was comfortable and flexible. This car meets all my need for a daily driver on my 75 mile roundtrip commute, occasional passengers, hauling purchases from Home Depot or Costco or a 350-mile trip to visit family. For the money, the Fit sport has as many extras as more expensive cars, so you don't feel like you're giving up too much. The fuel economy is very attractive: my lifetime average is 37.5 mpg including all driving conditions and A/C use. Pure highway driving on a long trip always yields from 41-45 mpg driving at ~70 with the a/c on. After 2 years and 45,000 miles the car still runs like new and has no mechanical problems. I have worn out the original set of tires and replaced them with some Michelins which improves the ride and lowers the road noise a great deal. I expect that many owners few complaints about the car may be due to the original tires. Maybe most important of all, this car is fun to drive and still enjoy it."

So so over hyped car

By on Saturday, July 19, 2008

"I bought a new 2008 Fit with the Sport trim and the automatic transmission in November of 2007. I have about 8000 miles on the car now. Best in town mileage averages about 22 and the all time best I ever got on a long highway trip was 31, so don't fall for these stories of 40+ MPG miracle cars. No mirror on the passenger visor, which angered the wife. No console in between the front seats to rest your arm. No option for sunroof, GPS or satellite radio. TERRIBLE performance as to acceleration! Very slow and somewhat dangerous due to lack of power. Very hot due to massive UNTINTED front glass."