2007 Honda Fit

Based on 386 Ratings for the 2007 - 2008 models.

Fantastic Vehicle

By on Monday, April 14, 2008

"I am currently a commuter student, driving 70+ miles a day. I practically live in my car for the amount of time that i spend in it every day. I love it. Great mileage (30mpg+ depending on my driving habits). The only complaints that I have about the car is that the gas tank is small (10.1 gallons) so I find myself filling up constantly, and I purchased the I-Pod cable accessory. The cable had 2 recalls within the first 4 months and still doesn't work properly if the internal temperature of the car is above 100 degrees (very easy to do during the summer). I would still recommend this car to anyone looking for a very comfortable (I am 6'1") economy car. It is fun to drive and has a surprising amount of storage room."

Like it, don't love it.

By on Thursday, September 6, 2007

"The Good: Very good handling on curvy roads. Plenty of room in hatch with back seats folded down. Has been very reliable. The Bad: Very disappointed with gas mileage. Currently get about 26 city, 30 hwy. Very little power. Air conditioning not adequate. The brochure showed a mountain bike standing vertically (w/front wheel removed) with the back seats up. My mountain bike would not fit. Paddle shifters just not that useful."

Love it

By on Friday, February 8, 2008

"I loved my 2008 Honda Fit. Unfortunatly someone hit me from behind and totaled my Honda. That car saved my life. Thank goodness for the side and front airbags!!! Believe me, my next car will be a Honda Fit Sport."

07 Honda Fit Base Automatic

By on Sunday, November 25, 2007

"For the money, the best car I have ever owned. I got mine real early, only problem I have had is the "gas cap loose light" comes on frequently, when in fact the cap is not loose. I am 6 ft 3 in and 250+, I have plenty of head and leg room, the fold down back seats brought me to the Honda Dealer. I got on a waiting list and bought the first one available without a test drive. I get 33-34 MPG around town and have seen 41 MPG on a long trip running above the speed limit with a load of "Stuff" in the back. If something happens to this car, I would buy another Fit in a NY minute."

Great for the price

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"For some reason the only issue with this car is the A/C. It's underpowered due to small engine. Acceleration for stop the compressor switches off. Which is most evident during warm up time. Nice pickup, nice interior and configuration. The plastic in some spots and the carpet are a little cheaper than I would expect. But I believe it's expected in this price range. Test drive it on a hot day. I would like the manual because gas mileage would be what is advertised. Automatic just doesn't break 26-28 for me."

Honda quality is the best from previous civic ownr

By on Sunday, June 17, 2007

"Very sporty looking and rides and controls great. The back seat folds up and on Honda.com is shows a bike with the front tire off with the seats folded up, but my mtn. bike did not fit. A little disappointed about that. City gas mileage only 28 mpg. I hope when I get more miles on it I will get at least in lower 30s for city. It could use just a little bit more horsepower. Fair to good."

Buy this car

By on Saturday, May 26, 2007

"I have had it three weeks, gone on road trips, and driven it around the city (Boston). Only two drawbacks: road noise is excessive (I used to drive a Ford F150 Super Crew) and detailing is "inexpensive", but then, so is the car. My average gas mileage is 38 miles to the gallon, never more, never less, but I drive carefully, and have a manual transmission. Because of the way the seats fold down, I have been able to transport an eight foot long box of flooring material! I expect that Honda reliability will add to the value over the years."

Uncomfortable, noisy, cramped, and not worth it

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Excellent handling, lots of cargo space"

Cons: "Noise, ride, mileage, features, battery"

"When I bought my Fit, it seemed like the perfect car for me. The brand new price of around $15,000 was about the same as other small cars on the used market. I figured, why not get a NEW car with no miles on it? Over time, I have grown disillusioned with this car. I will say that the handling is very, very good, the sharpest of any car I've driven. The other point in its favor is the cargo area. You can fold the rear seats into the floor to create a flat cargo space, or you can fold the rear seats up to make room for tall items. The disadvantages are numerous. Ride quality is extremely poor at all speeds, with every bump shaking the car's occupants. The noise ranges from moderate to very loud, and at highway speeds you will have to shout to be heard. The stereo system does provide a feature that increases volume with increasing speed, and you'll need it. The interior is basic but not low quality. It is however missing numerous features that you expect to find in any car, such as variable intermittent wipers (there is only one intermittent speed) or an armrest. The seats are not very comfortable and not suitable for long trips, but this car is so bad on the highway that you won't want to take road trips anyway. You'd think that with such a small car, you'd at least get good gas mileage. But it's not really that impressive. Overall fuel economy has been 29-30 mpg for me, and I do a lot more highway than city driving. Not bad, but it should be much better for how much you're giving up. I think the highway mileage suffers because of the gearing - in 5th gear, the engine buzzes at about 3500 rpm at 65 mph. The battery has died on me twice as well. The Fit uses a special smaller battery that apparently doesn't have enough oomph to reliably start the car more than a few times in a row and struggles to start in sub-zero temperatures. This is a major problem in cold weather climates. Overall, I'd be willing to overlook a lot of the problems with this car if I had only paid a little money for it. Such basic problems like ride quality and road noise are expected in old beaters, but unacceptable in brand new cars."

well worth it

By on Sunday, February 24, 2008

"I bought this car because I had a job and I was traveling 55 miles every day. The gas savings alone was worth it. It doesn't ever get the mileage around town it should. It averages 27mpg locally. It gets low 30s when on the highway. It's a five-speed, too. I LOVE the space inside. There is room for everything I could ever need (including passengers). I can load it many ways with all the seat arrangements. Even backseat passengers tell me they have plenty of space. I have three things I don't like. The first one is the big one. There is no place to set your left clutch foot, and I tend to need to stretch that leg after long drives. The other two are minor. The rear defog has no timer and stays on until it is shut off. And the rears two door windows fog very easily and nothing seems to help. I would definately buy this car again. I just wish I bought a blue one."

Hard to be without

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"After taken many test drives of various vehicles, it was easily narrowed down to Fit. Why? Best performance on steering. There is no lag at any point during any turn. Also one of the most smooth shifts I have ever experienced. I'm 6 ft 4 in and fit extremely well in the front. I am snug in the back but if I had to sit back there I could do it even for a long trip. Anybody that knocks the fit by its appearence should really get behind the wheel and feel it for yourself. Never before in my life would I have considered a 4 door hatch for a car until I drove the Fit. Great fuel economy I can pull 34 in the city which is what I drive 99% of the time.Simply an amazing underpowered machine."