2009 Honda Element

Based on 748 Ratings for the 2003 - 2011 models.

ONE TOUGH RIDE

By on Monday, December 24, 2007

"Friends, family, & co-workers are constantly impressed with the capabilities of my Honda Element EX-P 4WD. I drive to remote cell phone sites for a living. From the coast to the desert and to the mountains. This ride has not let me down! It has plenty of power for getting up and over rough terrain. It's never stranded me or left me stuck. I've even caught air in it! It's no rock crawler that's for sure (maybe if it had more clearance and a 4X4 low gear). It also flys on the freeways of southern California!"

Love it, Love it, Love it !!!

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"I have owned & driven my Element for over 3 years & it is by far the simplest & easiest vehicle I have ever owned. I am a big regular guy at 5'11" & over 280 pounds & I have owned trucks, & SUV's most of my life but this one is fantastic. Let me tell you what I love about it: So easy to get in & out of because the doors open WIDE & the seat hight is perfect so that you don't have to step down like a sports car or climb up into it like a truck. The seats are wide across your back & very comfortable. There is more cabin space than anything that I have driven. My wife & I recently rode in a Ford explorer & we both smacked our head getting in. With the front seats all the way back the rear passengers still have 2 feet of leg room. Hooray for no carpet ! No wet carpet in winter, no salt stains, just sweep it & your done. Rear seats fold out of the way for cargo space for things that I have actually hauled like a treadmill, (2) 36" x 80" house doors & frames or (6) 8' x 4' sheets of drywall to the amazement of the kid at Home Depot that helped me load them. Performance is not mind blowing but quite surprising in those times when you need to put the foot to the floor. Fuel economy is 24mpg around town & up to 34mpg running at 75mph on the highway. The 4 wheel drive (yes it is a 4wd & NOT all wheel drive) is fantastic in the snow without having to fuss with gear levers or switches. Solid construction compared to a Suzuki or Mitsubishi, just press body panels or swing the front & rear doors to feel the difference in weight & you will agree. Back in 04 I almost bought another Explorer but looked at 2 year old ones & calculated a 45% LOSS in value against a loss of around 22% for my 3+ year old Element. On a 12 hour road trip she may not be a Cadillac but if you don't have the time or desire to fuss over a vehicle then the simple, practical & all round easy design of this great vehicle is well worth looking at. Just DRIVE one & then try to honestly tell yourself that its not great."

Excellent snow vehicle

By on Friday, October 12, 2007

"My wife and I live in the Sierra foothills and bought the Element as our winter rec. vehicle. Our 2003 has 115000 miles on it already and has never had a single problem. It is excellent in the snow because of its weight. It blows subaru's away. The only thing that slows it down, is the ground clearance when it gets over 12" deep. The only complaint I would have is that it is slightly under powered in mountains. A V6 would be nice. Excellent vehicle."

KEEPS GOING AND GOING

By on Sunday, October 7, 2007

"My 2005 Element is my personal business car. I am a personal trainer and drive to clients home daily. My typical daily mileage is 245 miles. As of todays oil change I have 86000 miles. This car is sturdy, reliable and requires minimal up keep. The brakes were just replaced at 84000 miles. I was in shock! that they lasted so long. So was Evans Tires. They still had 15% left on the pads. If your looking for a great car that is comfortable, fun to drive, that has a great stereo look no further. By the way my personal get around car is a 2007 Infinity FX35 which is not half as reliable as the Honda Element. The only negative with the Element is it only gets about 19-20 MPG"

Needs a few changes

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"My husband bought the 06 Honda Element for me. I love it except for the excessive wind noise, the blind spots at the a & b posts and the lower than you would expect gas milage. I have gotten no more than 22mpg in town or on the highway. I'm thinking about trading for something a little more economical. A shame, I have had several Honda products in the past. Just a little disappointed with this one."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda Element near Honolulu. See local deals