2009 Honda Element

Based on 748 Ratings for the 2003 - 2011 models.

I will never be able to replace it.

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "Functionality, economy, reliability"

Cons: "I cannot trade it in on a new one."

Atlanta, winter of 2010

"I bought my Element new in March of 2003. As an avid bicycle rider, I can pack two people, two bicycles, and camping gear for one week inside the car. I get 25 mpg combined with the manual transmission (even when I lived in Atlanta). It occupies less space in my garage than my old Corolla. It handles tight parking spaces and boat ramps with ease. The paint has held up well even though it has not been garaged in the last 5 years, but the black fenders, grill, and trim have faded. It needed a camber kit installed after 75000 miles. I am still getting more than 48000 miles per set of tires."

Atlanta, winter of 2010

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, easy cleaning, ample storage or carg"

Cons: "it's a box - when windy it gets blown around a bit"

"This Element has lots of interior room. The back seats are a little higher than the front so the rear passengers have a good view out the front windshield. No carpet means easy clean-up! The rear seats fold up on the sides in seconds to give ample room for hauling or storage. I SCUBA dive so it's perfect for wet gear! The only two things I don't care for is in a high wind it is a little hard to control on the interstate at speed and the front windshield is vertical enough to crack more easily if a rock hits it. Milage around 22mpg in the city, 24 on the road. Overall? Funtastic!"

The greatest!

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, even for an elderly lady."

"The car has so many conveniences. Easy to clean. It can be made to a full bed inside. Can carry large items. No problems"

Very cool vehicle....

By on Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive...easy to load....very handy"

Cons: "gas mileage could be better.."

"If you are considering an Element??---give it a shot....it is one of most versatile vehicles I have owned....you can load it up/keep it protected inside & then rinse it out with no issues!!....it looks boxy(it is) but, fun to drive & very useful....give the box a chance....Honda needs to bring it back!!"

A must for anyone who lives with snow

By on Sunday, October 12, 2008

"I love my Element. I had my eye on it for a few years before I actually took the plunge, but I've had it for 3 years now and I'm just as happy with it now as I was the day I drove it off the lot. I live in Central New York, where the snow can get pretty intense. Sometimes it can snow 1-2 feet in one night, but I've always just plowed right on through with total confidence. The high ground clearance and 4WD make it a real asset in the winter here, which goes from about November to April. I have only a few complaints about the Element (or the Snow Toaster, as I call it, because it reminds me of a toaster on wheels). It's not a quiet ride, and the road noise can get loud if you're on a unevenly paved surface. Also, it's not a performance vehicle, so sometimes driving up hills is a bit like piloting a school bus. You really feel the effort. Lastly, the fuel efficiency is far from ideal. My sticker said 26 hwy/19 city or something like that. The reality is more like 20 hwy and 17 city. With the cost of fuel these days, you can see how this can be a problem. But I just love the practicality of the cargo space, incredible snow handling and nerdy profile. The only thing I've considered trading it for is the Honda Fit. But the Fit doesn't come with 4WD, so I'll probably be in the Element for a while. I smile every time I walk up to it, so I think that's the ultimate test of customer satisfaction!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda Element near Honolulu. See local deals