2009 Honda Element

Based on 745 Ratings for the 2003 - 2011 models.

Best vehicle I have ever owned for my purposes.

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

"I've had VW Passats, BMW 325i (Major problems) Toyotas; Fords, Chevies (never again) and this is the best I've ever owned. Trouble free, fun to drive, virtually unstickable (sic), reliable, bullet proof. I have two dogs that I take from Texas to California every year to go hunting with my son. I haul a trailer which I figure fully loaded is about 1,200 lbs and I get 27 mpg on the road; more if I don't need to run the a/c. I take the rear seats out (takes about 5 minutes and are totally detachable) and the dogs have plenty of room. They can't do any damage to this vehicle as everything is made so sturdily. When I get home, I just take it to the car wash and hose down everything but the dash and side speakers and it's good to go. I even got so I liked the looks of it!"

GO GET THIS HONDA ASAP!!!!

By on Sunday, October 9, 2016

Pros: "Honda reliability"

Cons: "I could only afford two of them! LOL!"

"I have two Elements, and over the last 9 years by far, they have been the most reliable Honda vehicles i have ever had the pleasure of owning & driving!Plenty of head and leg room,space to haul stuff when you need to as well.Only regular stuff like oil,tire and of course fuel for the vehicle...nothing else..i now have over 268500 miles on one of the Elements and over 125000 on the other.Worth every penny!!!Get one ASAP!!!"

By on Sunday, February 3, 2008

"I had a truck for my toys but moved to this vehicle because I had obtained some kids I needed to move around too. It's a great kid vehicle because the backseats are up high with lots of legroom. You can climb in the car to get them set in their seats and when you are driving they can't reach your seat to kick! There is enough room on road trips to put in your cooler with a portable DVD player for them to watch. If you get a babysitter you can put the seats up and put in both of your mountain bikes without taking off the tires. And two adults can sleep very comfortably if you feel like camping out in the vehicle. We put mesh fabric over the window secured with magnets on the outside. Fast, peppy drive and lots of room!"

Best Vehicle we've owned

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "HEADROOM and cargo space with back seats up."

Cons: "Only seats 4"

"This (and the 2011 Honda Element) are our favorite vehicles ever!! When I heard the Element was going out of production after 2011, I bought the 2011 but KEPT the 2003 for my husband. It has saved him driving his big 3/4 ton pickup (which gets about 13mpg)! We love both our Elements. I REALLY like the changes they have made for 2011!! Our 2003 gets about 21 mpg average and our 2011 gets almost 26 mpg average and has gotten as high as 29 mpg on long trips. It's much more comfortable and the seatbelts no longer are connected to the suicide door! I think Honda made a huge mistake taking this vehicle off the market. As a band director AND triathlete, it is the PERFECT vehicle for both!"

Excellent practical, reliable vehicle

By on Sunday, June 5, 2016

Pros: "practical, reliable, user friendly"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"The Element is quite reliable, having given me no real problems since I've had it - a headlight bulb and odometer bulbs. It is exceptionally practical. I've hauled furniture, firewood, household items, bags of sand and gravel, sod, lumber, and all kinds of other stuff. Cleanup afterward is simple since there's no carpet involved. The quick process of either setting the back seats up out of the way or completely removing them makes hauling stuff really easy. What else? Lets' see, the sound system is very good, it's easy on tires, it impressed me with it's four-wheel ability in Minnesota snow-covered hills, and it has a turning radius shorter than cars even smaller than it is. One of the best things, though, is the simplicity of the dash. It is so user friendly. No IT degree or pilot's license required to use anything. So, the few complaints. Gas mileage, fer sher, though I knew that wasn't rated well when I bought it. I recently switched to synthetic oil and am still pleasantly surprised to have picked up 3 more mpg. I had expected 1.5, maybe 2 if I was lucky. Another complaint is the road noise. All the vehicles I've had since front-wheel drive became king have had road noise to some extent. The Element's is the most so far. All in all, a great vehicle that I will probably never get rid of. It's just way too practical."

Best Vehicle I have EVER owned

By on Monday, September 12, 2016

Pros: "Back seat removal is great, to haul things."

Cons: "After 12 years still looking for one. Love It!!!"

"I bought my Element used with 15,700 miles. It has been a wonderful vehicle. I am VERY DISAPPOINTED Honda stopped making the Elements before they became popular. My vehicle is 12 years old and I only have 93K miles on it. Have NEVER had any problems, gets great gas mileage, and is a comfortable vehicle to drive. Has a great sound system. Wish HONDA would reconsider and start making the Element again. I think they would be a real seller. The CRV is suppose to be the crossover, but it is not. Love the fact that the floor is vinyl, easy to clean. Just a wonderful vehicle."

YOU CAN'T GO WRONG

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"I'm a 60 year old guy who has enjoyed this vehicle which was pitched to the young crowd. I can put my mtn bike inside (with one set of back seats up) and my surfboard on the top. It's the ultimate utility vehicle. You won't break any speed records, but I go over Mt. Tamalpais to get to the beach and enjoy the ride. It's a truly honest car."

OUTSTANDING VALUE AND FLEXIBILITY

By on Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Pros: "SMALL $'s GENEROUS INTERIOR INTELLIGENT DESIGN"

Cons: "HONDA DISCONTINUED PRODUTION OF ELEMENT"

"BOUGHT THIS 4 WHEEL DRIVE CAR NEW FOR 20K! I WANTED A DURABLE PRACTICAL CAR THAT WOULD HOLD UP TO BEING PARKED OUTSIDE FOR HARSH CHICAGO SEASONS. THIS ELEMENT PASSED WITH FLYING COLORS! NO RUST AND STILL BEAMS AFTER AN AUTOMATIC CARWASH. ROLLS OVER SPEED BUMPS AND THROUGH POTHOLES WITH BARELY SLOWING DOWN. THIS CAR FITS INTO TIGHT PARKING SPOTS WITH ONLY INCHES BETWEEN VEHICLES. WHEELS ARE PLACED AT OUTER EDGE OF CAR FOR SUPERIOR MANEUVERABILITY . HAS EXCELLED IN NAVIGATING URBAN OBSTACLES AND IS VERY COMFORTABLE ON LONG ROAD TRIPS. I HAVE BEEN SPOILED BY THE VALUE AND SENSIBLE DESIGN. I SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR A NEW CAR AS I NOW HAVE A HEATED GARAGE AND LOVE CARS. I CANNOT PART WITH MY ELEMENT. BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED"

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, October 15, 2013

"I bought this car new. I have never had any problems with it. I changed the oil every 3,000 miles and had new brakes and tires at 75,000. My only regret is that they no longer make the Element. This car is the best car I have ever owned."

I will never be able to replace it.

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "Functionality, economy, reliability"

Cons: "I cannot trade it in on a new one."

Atlanta, winter of 2010

"I bought my Element new in March of 2003. As an avid bicycle rider, I can pack two people, two bicycles, and camping gear for one week inside the car. I get 25 mpg combined with the manual transmission (even when I lived in Atlanta). It occupies less space in my garage than my old Corolla. It handles tight parking spaces and boat ramps with ease. The paint has held up well even though it has not been garaged in the last 5 years, but the black fenders, grill, and trim have faded. It needed a camber kit installed after 75000 miles. I am still getting more than 48000 miles per set of tires."

Atlanta, winter of 2010

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda Element near Honolulu. See local deals