2004 Honda Element

Based on 750 Ratings for the 2003 - 2011 models.

Best vehicle I have ever owned for my purposes.

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

"I've had VW Passats, BMW 325i (Major problems) Toyotas; Fords, Chevies (never again) and this is the best I've ever owned. Trouble free, fun to drive, virtually unstickable (sic), reliable, bullet proof. I have two dogs that I take from Texas to California every year to go hunting with my son. I haul a trailer which I figure fully loaded is about 1,200 lbs and I get 27 mpg on the road; more if I don't need to run the a/c. I take the rear seats out (takes about 5 minutes and are totally detachable) and the dogs have plenty of room. They can't do any damage to this vehicle as everything is made so sturdily. When I get home, I just take it to the car wash and hose down everything but the dash and side speakers and it's good to go. I even got so I liked the looks of it!"

Best Vehicle we've owned

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "HEADROOM and cargo space with back seats up."

Cons: "Only seats 4"

"This (and the 2011 Honda Element) are our favorite vehicles ever!! When I heard the Element was going out of production after 2011, I bought the 2011 but KEPT the 2003 for my husband. It has saved him driving his big 3/4 ton pickup (which gets about 13mpg)! We love both our Elements. I REALLY like the changes they have made for 2011!! Our 2003 gets about 21 mpg average and our 2011 gets almost 26 mpg average and has gotten as high as 29 mpg on long trips. It's much more comfortable and the seatbelts no longer are connected to the suicide door! I think Honda made a huge mistake taking this vehicle off the market. As a band director AND triathlete, it is the PERFECT vehicle for both!"

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, October 15, 2013

"I bought this car new. I have never had any problems with it. I changed the oil every 3,000 miles and had new brakes and tires at 75,000. My only regret is that they no longer make the Element. This car is the best car I have ever owned."

OUTSTANDING VALUE AND FLEXIBILITY

By on Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Pros: "SMALL $'s GENEROUS INTERIOR INTELLIGENT DESIGN"

Cons: "HONDA DISCONTINUED PRODUTION OF ELEMENT"

"BOUGHT THIS 4 WHEEL DRIVE CAR NEW FOR 20K! I WANTED A DURABLE PRACTICAL CAR THAT WOULD HOLD UP TO BEING PARKED OUTSIDE FOR HARSH CHICAGO SEASONS. THIS ELEMENT PASSED WITH FLYING COLORS! NO RUST AND STILL BEAMS AFTER AN AUTOMATIC CARWASH. ROLLS OVER SPEED BUMPS AND THROUGH POTHOLES WITH BARELY SLOWING DOWN. THIS CAR FITS INTO TIGHT PARKING SPOTS WITH ONLY INCHES BETWEEN VEHICLES. WHEELS ARE PLACED AT OUTER EDGE OF CAR FOR SUPERIOR MANEUVERABILITY . HAS EXCELLED IN NAVIGATING URBAN OBSTACLES AND IS VERY COMFORTABLE ON LONG ROAD TRIPS. I HAVE BEEN SPOILED BY THE VALUE AND SENSIBLE DESIGN. I SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR A NEW CAR AS I NOW HAVE A HEATED GARAGE AND LOVE CARS. I CANNOT PART WITH MY ELEMENT. BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED"

I will never be able to replace it.

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "Functionality, economy, reliability"

Cons: "I cannot trade it in on a new one."

Atlanta, winter of 2010

"I bought my Element new in March of 2003. As an avid bicycle rider, I can pack two people, two bicycles, and camping gear for one week inside the car. I get 25 mpg combined with the manual transmission (even when I lived in Atlanta). It occupies less space in my garage than my old Corolla. It handles tight parking spaces and boat ramps with ease. The paint has held up well even though it has not been garaged in the last 5 years, but the black fenders, grill, and trim have faded. It needed a camber kit installed after 75000 miles. I am still getting more than 48000 miles per set of tires."

Atlanta, winter of 2010

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda Element near Honolulu. See local deals