2016 Honda CR-Z Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,536 - $19,966.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 03/02/2017

10/8.2

Based on 83 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

What a fun quirky car

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Pros: "economical, easy to drive, sporty, fun, 6MT"

Cons: "2 seats, plasticky, not the best hybrid, tires"

"So I have always loved this car since they day I saw it unveiled. It reminded me of my first car, a Mazda MX-3 with its funky two seater look. (ok they both technically can hold 4 people but it's really a two-seater. When I bought this car I got a heck of a deal I thought but people kinda complain in reviews that it isn't all that economical and it isn't all that sporty. I was coming from a sporty FWD sedan SER Spec-V and sure it didn't have the face ripping acceleration that my Nissan did but it was close if you had it in sport mode. Econ mode is often labeled as neutering the car and really taking a hit on performance, but this is the mode I spend most of my time in. I find that while it is very docile it is the most comfortable the suspension seems to float the steering is very relaxed and there are almost no other noises then the road noise (only complaint and can be fixed with a new set of tires) Sport mode really puts the car on a razor's edge and I like it. People who go for a ride are often very surprised when we start to take corners in sport mode. The turn in is almost telegraphic, and the exhaust note coupled with the electric motor whine almost has you believing that you have the HPD supercharger kit installed. That being said it will accelerate very hard from a complete stop. and if you find yourself in the neutered down econ mode and need the sportiness hit the special S+ button and you get all the sport goodness as long as you are heading in a relatively straight line. This brings up the only real complaint I have yet again. For a Sport themed Hybrid the tires are entirely to hard. I've felt them loose their horizontal grip in some corners that I felt they should have held in. Nothing to crazy but don't toss it into a corner and give it the beans it might not hold like you would like. That said I'm sure a set of really nice high performance all seasons will address the grip and road noise issues. If you are okay with a 2 seater and want something sporty and economical look no further. It will turn heads, you can average 40ish mpg's with an occasional highway run in sport mode to play with a Mazdaspeed 3, and keep you away from the ever watchful eye of Johnny 5 0 because "It's just a hybrid" I knocked Value because Honda discontinued them so they will depreciate fairly fast once you drive it off the lot but it's a honda so it should prove very reliable. Quality is solid but can feel plasticky. The driving dynamics while fun for a hybrid are not like that of an SI or a Focus RS. Interior looks very futuristic but again very plasticky. Comfort is very solid but the seats lack some adjustments and the road noise can get to you on some highways.s"

Owned a few hondas but this is my 1st hybrid.

By on Thursday, October 27, 2016

Pros: "Size, Mileage, Confort, Reliability"

Cons: "None yet"

"I love this car. I get many compliments and blank stares as most people cannot figure out what car maker it is. It is great on gas and easy to park and drive, I love the backup camera. I checked out multiple car makers before driving this and buying it on site. It is one of the smartest purchases I have ever made! I personally give it a full 10 stars."

Good Car, has flaws

By on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"I've owned 2 hondas in my life. An 08 Civic EX Coupe automatic and an 11 CR-Z EX w/o navi manual. Of the two, I like various things about them. My perspective is taken after owning both. Pros for the CR-Z. Its much more nimble, though roughly the same weight, its body lean is much less than the Civic. Its also quicker off the line and passing on the freeway is much much easier, I dont even downshift, the "sport" mode takes care of it for me. Excellent fuel economy. I get ~39 mpg average, and my daily commute is all city ~11miles each way. Neutral- The sun visors are equally cheap in both cars. But thats the way it is for all honda's under 25k, so its a tie. The interior styling is futuristic and really neat in both cars. I like them equally. The digital speedometer is AWESOME! I just love it. The steering wheel in both is great. The CR-Z is a tad narrower but the leather feel is great and makes up for its rather puny size compared to the Civic. The alloy rims are really nice as are all EX stuff that comes with both cars. Definately a "must" addon to either vehicle, the value is there. Just like the civic, the passenger is left totally bored. There is nothing for the passenger to do but change his vents. Its all driver centric, pro or con, you decide, but my wife is totally bored over there. Must have ipad in glovebox (which fits in both btw) Both have ample trunk space. I love them, but the CR-z has a slight advantage in that its temp controlled and always accessible from cockpit. Cons- The civic seats were bigger and better for touring. The CR-Z seats are shorter in the seat, so someone of my size (6'2") has a rough time keeping comfortable after several hours. The battery is too small. Only .6kWh means you drain it if you floor it on the onramp. And when that battery isnt helping, that motor is too under powered. That makes it a tad slower than the civic for long accelerations. The vehicle also only charges when in gear. So if you want to charge the battery without moving your SOL. Its a bummer its not plugin, so dont think you're going to race more than 2, 1/4 mile stretches with battery."

Sporty car with great mileage!

By on Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pros: "Sporty look, awesome gas mileage, fun to drive!"

Cons: "Bad rear visibilty, vent system, and seat comfort"

Nice-looking and sporty!

"Love this car in many ways! Fun to drive, lots of electronics, great engine/transmission, great mileage, sporty look, etc. The three driving mode buttons (ECON, NORMAL, and SPORT) allow for a variety of driving conditions. I am a "spirited" driver, so mileage is secondary to getting to where I want to go fast. On freeways I drive 80-90 mph with the cruise on nearly all the time. That would seem to blow away gas mileage but, in reality, I average 33 mpg overall. If I was a more careful driver driving 55-65, I would get 45+ mpg. Just different styles and goals. Interior is great. All the controls are easy to read and accessible, and there are different colored lights on the speedometer that reflect your current driving habit....very cool. Navigation is good with a large screen. Ventilation is good, however, there could be a better vent style that allows for more directional flow, i.e., towards the torso. The seat fabric is nice and somewhat comfortable, but on long trips the seat lacks comfort. Exterior is very good-looking. Design is sporty and clean, however, rear visibility through the back side of the hatch is awful as there is a support strip that blocks the best view. Very poor design for that. The headlights rock! Brightest halogen lights I've ever seen, and that's important in deer country. Some people complain about the lack of power in this car, but I drive my Honda CR-Z hard, and this car is up to the task. Engine and electric motor run flawlessly and the car is fun to drive. The three-mode change for the engine, coupled with an awesome CVT transmission, make for spirited driving if you want it. Overall, I give this car a two thumbs up."

Nice-looking and sporty!

GREAT

By on Friday, November 19, 2010

"Just got my honda crz a week ago almost 2 now i love it great on gas n just cause its a hybrid dont let that fool you the 3 engiine mode is my favorite feature when you throw it in soprt the car flys and i have an automatic i can only imaine the car in manuel i get the best of both worlds cause even with the automatic it has paddle shifting behind the steering wheel which adds an extra kick in sport mode great car recommend it to anyonen its a gas saver and very sporty has a great look to it... i get complaints everywhere on the body i have it in pearl white very nice color"