ZIP code

2012 Honda CR-Z

Based on 83 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

GREAT

By on Friday, November 19, 2010

"Just got my honda crz a week ago almost 2 now i love it great on gas n just cause its a hybrid dont let that fool you the 3 engiine mode is my favorite feature when you throw it in soprt the car flys and i have an automatic i can only imaine the car in manuel i get the best of both worlds cause even with the automatic it has paddle shifting behind the steering wheel which adds an extra kick in sport mode great car recommend it to anyonen its a gas saver and very sporty has a great look to it... i get complaints everywhere on the body i have it in pearl white very nice color"

I Love This Car

By on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive and great comfort. Price low 20s"

Cons: "Could use a little more pep"

"Very stylish and sporty look. Reliability is great. I have had no issues whatsoever. It could use a little more pep, but it is a hybrid and supposed to get great gas mileage, so I guess you can't ask for everything. Riding and driving comfort is good and secure."

American Reviewers Need To Reassess

By on Monday, December 6, 2010

"I've got just over 1200 miles on the car, and I still find just about any excuse to drive the car. One of the funnest cars I've owned. The CR-Z is solidly built and there isn't the slightest rattle:Extraordinary when you consider the price ($21K and 17" wheels). I began to research the CR-Z via U.S. auto reviewers, not owners, as the car had not come to the states yet. Boy, did these guys unfairly rip the car. I just think we got it a little backwards in the U.S. I then began to read UK and other European reviews, and most were very positive and some excellent. In Europe and Asia there are tons of underpowered fun cars most Americans have never heard of.....we're used to horsepower. Maybe Honda inadvertently mislead North Americans by calling the CR-Z "Sporty", which by the way is an accurate description of this 2-seat coupe'. 'Bout the car: *Excellent ride and feel *Firm,but forgiving suspension making this car a joy to drive to and from work, or when you want to take the long way home on your favorite rodes with lots of twisties and sweeping turns. *Aesthetics: great inside and out...not that I care, but people comment about how cool the car looks, and are surprised when I mention it's a hybrid. Seats are excellent in comfort and support, the instrument panel is very cool looking and everything is easy to get to, and not "busy" like some expert reviewers have commented. Interior materials look high quality even though there is some plastic, but overall the interior is great and looks and feels higher quality than one would expect on a $19K-$22K car. Stereo on the Ex is surprisingly pretty good for a factory unit (Ipod/Flash is standard). *Engine performance is an interesting experience and a little difficult to fully put into words....you just gotta test drive one and let the sales guy let you drive the car the way it should be driven. I mostly drive in Sport Mode and am averaging 33.7 MPG. When I tone it down I'm getting about 40MPG in Normal Mode, really don't care for the ECON Mode, but I'm sure it would be useful for a long highway trip on cruise. The car seems to be a great deal quicker than the specs say. Passing at highway speeds is great, there's plenty of power at your disposal if needed. The CR-Z does not feel or drive like a hybrid. My wife has a '10 Insight, which is also a great car in its own right, but they don't compare in the least. The CR-Z has a nice balance of performance and MPG & low emissions. Great handling and power for what the car is meant to be. Love to see peoples' reactions when I pass them at speed on steep freeway uphills."

Sporty car with great mileage!

By on Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pros: "Sporty look, awesome gas mileage, fun to drive!"

Cons: "Bad rear visibilty, vent system, and seat comfort"

Nice-looking and sporty!

"Love this car in many ways! Fun to drive, lots of electronics, great engine/transmission, great mileage, sporty look, etc. The three driving mode buttons (ECON, NORMAL, and SPORT) allow for a variety of driving conditions. I am a "spirited" driver, so mileage is secondary to getting to where I want to go fast. On freeways I drive 80-90 mph with the cruise on nearly all the time. That would seem to blow away gas mileage but, in reality, I average 33 mpg overall. If I was a more careful driver driving 55-65, I would get 45+ mpg. Just different styles and goals. Interior is great. All the controls are easy to read and accessible, and there are different colored lights on the speedometer that reflect your current driving habit....very cool. Navigation is good with a large screen. Ventilation is good, however, there could be a better vent style that allows for more directional flow, i.e., towards the torso. The seat fabric is nice and somewhat comfortable, but on long trips the seat lacks comfort. Exterior is very good-looking. Design is sporty and clean, however, rear visibility through the back side of the hatch is awful as there is a support strip that blocks the best view. Very poor design for that. The headlights rock! Brightest halogen lights I've ever seen, and that's important in deer country. Some people complain about the lack of power in this car, but I drive my Honda CR-Z hard, and this car is up to the task. Engine and electric motor run flawlessly and the car is fun to drive. The three-mode change for the engine, coupled with an awesome CVT transmission, make for spirited driving if you want it. Overall, I give this car a two thumbs up."

Nice-looking and sporty!

Great car for commuters

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "Fuel efficient, fun to drive, great stylin"

Cons: "doors swing really wide."

"If you are researching this car like I did, you have probably read many mediocre reviews. But the concept of a "sport hybrid" really got my attention, so I took it for a test drive anyway. And I'm glad I did. I owned a 2009 VW Passat with a 2.0 turbo, 5 seats and 200 hp. It was a great car but the maintenance got expensive for the German engineering. So I set out to shop for a new vehicle. I was looking for a car that is fun to drive, great on gas mileage, and something more reliable than the Germans. What would fit the bill better than a sport hybrid from Honda? Most online editor reviews are written by captain obvious. I KNOW it is a 2 seater. I KNOW it's not a sport car. I KNOW it is a small car. And I can care less about the specs. What I really care about is how I feel when I drive it. And that was the reason I bought it. Let's start with the exterior. It is totally a personal preference. I think the CR-Z looks very sporty and futuristic. LED running light and HID headlights really add to the styling. Growing up in the 80s and 90s, CR-Z really reminds me of the old CR-X that i couldn't afford in high school. The interior. The gauges looks like something out of a Sci Fi movie. It is very futuristic which match the the theme of the car. Although I found the instrument panel was a little busy at first, I got used to it after a day of driving and found Honda really put in some thought into it. While the design of the car makes you want to drive it like a formula one, the color changing gauge and information display really motivate you to be fuel efficient without being annoying. The layout of the dash, from the AC to the sound system, is very intuitive overall. The passenger compartment is am lot roomier than the exterior may suggest. For me, I drive by myself 90% of the time, 10% with my girlfriend or a friend, and I don't remember the last time a human being sitting in the backseat of my old car. Cargo room is plenty on the CR-Z. I manage to put a large north face duffle bag, a messenger bag, and some random stuff in the back with room to spare. A week worth of groceries is definitely not an issue. The seat while being bucket style, offer good support and comfort. Performance. It all depends on your expectations. For me, I was looking for a fun commuter. Coming from a full size turbo charged sedan, the CR-Z does not feel underpowered at all... when you put it in Sport mode. 130 horse power may sound really boring but with the assist of the electric motor, the car feels a lot faster than you may expect. The electric motor almost gives it a turbo like feeling at the traffic light. When you put it in sport mode, it feels like a totally different car. The steering tightens up, the motor revs up a lot quicker, and even the exhaust note got throatier and it doesn't sound out of breath at high RPM. My commute consist of about 10-15 minutes of twisty back road and driving my car in sport mode really make my daily commute a little more fun. Driving in normal mode, the car almost feel like cheap sedan like a Versa, or Yaris. It's very fuel efficient in normal or eco mode, but very boring. I can only recommend using it in heavy traffic or long highway stretch. The suspension is tight but adequately soaks up potholes. There is very little body roll during cornering, well, at least compare to a sedan. It's just fun enough for everyday driving. Fuel efficiency. I have no idea how some reviews reported only 20s in city and 30s on highway. They must beat the heck out of their demos. I like to drive fast and I get consistently 32-34 mpg local and at least 46 on the highway. All I can say is, you got to know what you want. If you want a 2 seater pure sport car buy a miata. If you want to save the planet by getting 50+ mpg, get a prius. If you are like me, want to save gas while still have fun driving, CR-Z is perfect for you. Speaking of the miata, I think both are quite similar in terms of handling and power. Of course, CR-Z is a lot more practical and fuel efficient."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda CR-Z near Honolulu. See local deals