2011 Honda CR-Z

Based on 83 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Fun car to cruise with!

By on Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pros: "Great value for hybrid, fun to drive car."

Cons: "Auto stop hesitation"

"Great get away car! Economy when you want it sporty two- seater with sharp responsiveness in sport mode. Only drawback experienced so far is the annoying Auto Stop feature causing hesitation upon decelerating and acclerating. Appears that the Auto Stop kicks in below 10 MPH resulting in hesitation if you begin to re-accelerate again before a complete stop. Lots of passenger room inside and comfortable to drive. Many daily compliments on the sharp lines of the CR-Z. Finding admirers taking pixs standing next to the car."

I love this car.

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, very fuel efficient, good appearance"

Cons: "No arm rest"

"I have averaged about 42 mpg since i have owned the car which has been from mid april until now in mid december. I have put over 24,000 miles on the car and the only complaint i really have is that there is not arm rest(stock from factory) in the car. The seats are very comfortable for me. I have had both my fog lights crack from rocks but its hard to not have that happen on a vehicle that sits so low in montana. The headlights on the EX model are awesome, there is some road noise but nothing that i woudl consider excessive. I love the sound of the car when accelerating and the gearboz on the 6 speed manual is very smooth. The car is a little slow when it gets cold outside(mine stays parked outside year round). I really cannot say enough good about the car. I drove many others and everytime i am in another vehicle i wish i was in my crz instead."

two cars in one!

By on Sunday, March 27, 2011

"I just bought my cr-z down here in puerto rico paid about 26 k for the ex with manual no navi, paid 5 k in local taxes :( , the only reason i gave it 4 stars on value. Now about the actual car : the exterior is beautiful , unique and stylish, people think im driving an Audi until the see that trusty H on the front grill, the interior is very modern, seats are very nice but get a bit uncomfortable after more than 1 hour driving. The panel is incredible the speedometer with its different colors is very appealing and reflects your mood as you change from eco (green color) to sporty (red) driving styles, all the info you need, mpg, gas range , green score (it even has a little built in reward system where you earn leaves and rank up as you drive greener) easy to access and even easier to comprehend, the sound system is pretty powerful and you can control it from the steering wheel with ease and comfort. But now why i think this car is truly special, we've all felt curious about driving cars that are either more fuel efficient or sportier than our current ones, the CR-Z can give you both worlds, want to save a couple of bucks on gas this week and feel good about your contribution to the environment hit that green Eco button and cruse peacefully while saving $$$, woke up angry at the road wanting to beat up the pavement hit that sport mode and feel like you just switched your hybrid for a compact lighting. Overall great car, very fast for a hybrid, really fuel efficient (so far im averaging 39 mpg manual trans ) very stylish and unique and if you can get it for 20 k not only i envy you but it is an incredible value. Only two gripes electric motor should kick in more often and back visibility should be a little better ."

Great two seater, needs back up camera!

By on Thursday, July 3, 2014

Pros: "Excellent driving car"

Cons: "blind spots"

"Great driving car, excellent mileage, 37mpg+. Limitation is that it does not have jump seats in back for those all too frequent times when you have to give a ride to a third person. The car needs an aftemarket back up camera because there are significant blind spots."

CRaZy & FUN TO BE DRIVEN !!

By on Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"It' s 3 days old,too early tell any storys. One guy asked me if this was the new S2000 model. I really like the car so far, its like a spaceship to most people. the sport mode makes it FLY.the econ mode i got 39.5 mpg avg. around town.I only have 300 miles driven so far, I can't wait to go on a trip, I can tell you more about the car then."

What a fun quirky car

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Pros: "economical, easy to drive, sporty, fun, 6MT"

Cons: "2 seats, plasticky, not the best hybrid, tires"

"So I have always loved this car since they day I saw it unveiled. It reminded me of my first car, a Mazda MX-3 with its funky two seater look. (ok they both technically can hold 4 people but it's really a two-seater. When I bought this car I got a heck of a deal I thought but people kinda complain in reviews that it isn't all that economical and it isn't all that sporty. I was coming from a sporty FWD sedan SER Spec-V and sure it didn't have the face ripping acceleration that my Nissan did but it was close if you had it in sport mode. Econ mode is often labeled as neutering the car and really taking a hit on performance, but this is the mode I spend most of my time in. I find that while it is very docile it is the most comfortable the suspension seems to float the steering is very relaxed and there are almost no other noises then the road noise (only complaint and can be fixed with a new set of tires) Sport mode really puts the car on a razor's edge and I like it. People who go for a ride are often very surprised when we start to take corners in sport mode. The turn in is almost telegraphic, and the exhaust note coupled with the electric motor whine almost has you believing that you have the HPD supercharger kit installed. That being said it will accelerate very hard from a complete stop. and if you find yourself in the neutered down econ mode and need the sportiness hit the special S+ button and you get all the sport goodness as long as you are heading in a relatively straight line. This brings up the only real complaint I have yet again. For a Sport themed Hybrid the tires are entirely to hard. I've felt them loose their horizontal grip in some corners that I felt they should have held in. Nothing to crazy but don't toss it into a corner and give it the beans it might not hold like you would like. That said I'm sure a set of really nice high performance all seasons will address the grip and road noise issues. If you are okay with a 2 seater and want something sporty and economical look no further. It will turn heads, you can average 40ish mpg's with an occasional highway run in sport mode to play with a Mazdaspeed 3, and keep you away from the ever watchful eye of Johnny 5 0 because "It's just a hybrid" I knocked Value because Honda discontinued them so they will depreciate fairly fast once you drive it off the lot but it's a honda so it should prove very reliable. Quality is solid but can feel plasticky. The driving dynamics while fun for a hybrid are not like that of an SI or a Focus RS. Interior looks very futuristic but again very plasticky. Comfort is very solid but the seats lack some adjustments and the road noise can get to you on some highways.s"

funnest car. and most likely to make people stare

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "super awesome/ unduplicated."

Cons: "dislike button for the nonavailable center armrest"

"have had a blast with this car. bought it on the internet after seeing an ad for it on the back of a magazine. the first time i drove it was after i purchased it from the dealer. it has been the best/ most fun car ever.\"

Love it!

By on Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pros: "price, gas mileage, comfort, and design"

Cons: "no backseat"

"I've had my CR-Z for about a month now and I'm still excited to drive it every day. The design is amazing both inside and out. I enjoy being able to choose driving modes, from econ for better gas mileage to sport when I'm really wanting an exciting drive. The gas mileage is good but all of the other great features really make this car excellent. The only downfall is that it doesn't have a backseat. However, the trunk space is great."

Mileage

By on Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"I'm getting almost 50 miles to the Gallion on the Highway and 40 in town, I do use 92 octg .."

Best Hybrid on the Market

By on Monday, October 25, 2010

"This is a great car. It has a lot of power compared to other hybrids on the market. I get a thumbs up everywhere I go. I love the technology, especially the dash and all the toys and goodies that come with the EX at a reasonable price."

Like it better than my BMW Z3 or Nissan 350Z

By on Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pros: "Great mileage, curb appeal, trunk space, unique"

Cons: "Seat fabric shows wear"

"I've had a CR-Z Ex since Sept. 2010 and have logged over 120,000 mostly freeway miles in it. I love this car. It's been out almost five years and people still look at it and ask me about it. I routinely get 40-43 mpg since I'm most on the freeway at speed. I use the Sport button to confound the road bullys who think this car can't move. I can leave all but the muscle cars with this assist. I've had almost no issues with the car, exceptions being a weird intermittent powert window seal, fog lights that broke from temp extremes and the lumbar support in the seat has fabric that is wearing poorly, which I've never seen before. But all things considered, I would buy one again. In fact, I am. I have an order in for a Deep Violet Pearl CR-Z EX with every option I could cram into it. THIS CAR IS ME. Honda hit a home run right out of the park with the CR-Z."

I drive this small car from 2012

By on Sunday, May 15, 2016

Pros: "small sport and funn to drive"

Cons: "just for 2 and baggage"

"Down size: missing arm rest,(you can purchase from around #300.00) noisy and could be wet if you open windows - solution are add wind shield left foot rest little not eronomic"

A REAL GEM

By on Sunday, October 10, 2010

"We have CR-Z ex with CVT. It's a fun to drive hybrid and we love the styling. We drive mostly in the ECON mode and are getting better mpg than whats listed on the sticker. We are averaging 45-47 combined hwy/city. On the highway at 55 mph we are getting 48 mpg, at 65mph 43 mpg, at 70-80 mph 39 mpg. If you need a quick pickup & go you just push a button and you get instant pocket rocket power. The inside is roomy & comfortable. Ergonomics are great. The hatchback/cargo area handles all our shopping needs and carries our 3 dogs with room to spare. A lot of thought/innovation went into this machine, it deserves more credit than what a lot of auto critics are giving it. On the down side the ride can get choppy on rough roads and road noise is noticable (but not annoying) when traveling at 80 mph. But the road noise & ride is comparable to other auto's we've owned in the $20k price range."

My best and favorite car!

By on Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, sportiness and overall good looks"

Cons: "Not crazy about blue tooth but once you figure it out it works great."

"I switch jobs and drive about 85 miles a day. I traded my Genesis 3.8 coupe because I just couldn't see $65.00 every 3 days in gas. I still wanted something fun and sporty but great gas mileage and a hybrid if possible. What a great find. I love my CRZ, it is just prefect for me and my lifestyle and if it is possible, I like it more and more every day. Great quality inside and out, wonderful interior (sits) and I am getting 40.5 miles on regular gas. I do mostly highway driving. Love it!!!!!"

mixed

By on Monday, January 17, 2011

"I am about 80% happy w/ this car. It rides really rough, even on the Interstate. Interior space is limited. The electric motor assist does not always kick in, as advertised. Mileage around town is about 34, no more than my previous Accord. I just took a 250 mile trip and my back is aching. Think about it twice, test drive it several times, preferably on a longer drive. It really is an eye catcher but I would not buy it again, thinking of trading it for an Accord."

Extremely Happy with my Vehicle!

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Is like a Future Car"

Cons: "Not as fast as the competition!"

"Love my car, the only thing is the lack over extra power when is in Sport Mode. Fast, but not fast enough for the Sporty Car it is."

Love this car!

By on Friday, June 22, 2012

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, excellent gas mileage,"

Cons: "No heated seats...but who cares!"

"I was considering a Honda Accord but went into the showroom and this unusual looking sporty hybrid immediately caught my eye. I took it out for a test drive and immediately knew that this was the car for me! The gas mileage is phenomenal and I am continuously complimented on this vehicle by total strangers! I have yet to see another one of these on the road in the area that I live which is why it is such an eye catcher! The ride is smooth, the interior is very comfortable and loaded with some flashy interior design and there is ample cargo space in the rear."

Awesome car

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Mileage, fun to drive, modern style."

"Great gas mileage getting 39.9 all city driving. Handles like it's on rails. Gets a lot of attention everywhere I go. Doesn't come with a spare tire, but Honda online store sells a spare tire kit."

great balance between fuel effiency and power.

By on Monday, March 4, 2013

Pros: "Great balance between power and fuel effeciency"

Cons: "small size car"

"I am accustome to driving full sized luxery cars. Acquired this Honda CRZ from a relative who was moving. I do find that this car has a great balance between fuel effiency and power."

Fun to drive car

By on Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pros: "Quality, reliability, fun to drive, mileage"

Cons: "Poor visibility out the back"

"After a year of ownership, it has been completely trouble free. The handling is very good with precise, light steering and very good cornering with very little lean in corners. The brakes are very strong with no regenerative brake feedback, although they are a little grabby. The overall design"

I really love this car

By on Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive; great gas mileage; looks great"

Cons: "seat belt accessibility"

"This car is fun and beautiful (I have a blue, EX, 6 speed). Am getting 36 mpg without really changing the way I drive. Love the sport mode for handling, love the tight gearbox and steering. After 33 years of having to own a big car to haul children around I'm thrilled with a two-seater and there is plenty of room for things in the hatch. The only thing I wish I could change is seatbelts are hard to grab and don't adjust for height. Otherwise, I am tall and fit in the car just fine. Test drove a Prius and nearly fell asleep from boredom. I like to drive and the CR-Z is a fabulous combination of a hybrid and a fun, sporty car."

Great value

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Mileage, handling, versatility"

Cons: "Needs backup camera as all hybrids do."

"6000 miles and enjoying every minute. Traded S2000 in on it for the mileage and storage capability. Miss S2000 but this is a great comprimise."

one of a kind!

By on Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pros: "a kick to drive"

Cons: "rear visibility and poor interior lighting.I installed LED bulbs"

"Amazed that this car does not get rave reviews from the auto magazines. Most CR-Z owners love their vehicles.Although the car only holds 2 passengers,there is much room in the rear hatch area. Rear visibility is a problem! Adding a back-up camera"

Awsome car

By on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"I've had SSM EX CVT w/navi for over 2 months (2000 miles) now and loved every minute driving it. Great looks, great milage (i get around 42 driving in norm and sport mode), great value!"

By on Thursday, October 21, 2010

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda CR-Z near Honolulu. See local deals