2011 Honda CR-Z

Based on 84 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

FUN! and Economical

By on Saturday, May 30, 2015

Pros: "Fun, Fun, Fun"

Cons: "no arm rest"

"With 6 speed manual and three driving modes; sport, regular, and Economy, this car transitions from granny car to hot rod with the push of a button. I prefer regular mode, getting up to 40mpg, and kicking into sport mode when passing. Economy mode will bog down a bit on big hills, but is great on flat terrain, or in town. This car has been very reliable. After 4 years, I had to replace the starter battery, but that would be expected on any car."

Small, fun, and economical

By on Sunday, June 28, 2015

Pros: "Fun, economical, and pracitical for 2 people"

Cons: "The door panel arm rests are rough on long trips"

"My Crz has seen many non-stop long mile trips (including going through the desert and horrible snow storms) and has never let me down. Throughout these trips I have always averaged 42 MPG (the manufacture seriously under-rated the highway MPG). In the snow I had snow tires installed turned off the traction control and have never gotten stuck even when "plowing" through 8-14 inches of snow. The cargo space in this vehicle is actually quite high. I am able to pack mine and my wifes luggage for a trip and still have plenty of room to pack more. The Crz is a very fun hybrid but no where near being a quick vehicle. The only complaint I have ever had with this car is that the elbow rest on the door panels are very rough and hard for long mileage trips. Overall I feel as if the car is just big enough to get the job done for 2 people while being very economical and fun while getting to your destination."

Honda definitely delivered an awesome car

By on Sunday, November 29, 2015

Pros: "MPG, Sporty feel when driving, Honda quality"

Cons: "Blind Spot, uncomfy seats"

"I purchased my CR-Z in 2011. I have loved it since; even considered going with a newer model when the time comes. It is a rare car to be seen on the road which makes it an even cooler car to drive. Lots of compliments and definitely turns heads. The gas milage is above all my favorite part. I commute 52 miles one way 5-6 days per week. My average mpg is 45. Only costs me about $22.00 or less to fill up and delivers about 400-500 miles to the tank depending on how I drive it and how many mornings I'm running late and have to throw it in sport mode for that extra push. I love that the engine shuts off when stopped however it can become bothersome in extreme heat or cold and the heat and a/c also shuts off but nothing I can't live with considering I'm only at a red light for a minute and it improves mpg drastically. Despite what critics say, it is a very sporty and fun car to drive. Granted, it is no Porsche and certainly not a muscle car, but still makes for a sporty, fun driving experience. TONS AND TONS of room considering it is a two seater. You wouldn't believe how much I have packed my car full before. The divider separating the front seats and the trunk easily folds down. To be honest, I have actually fit my 6'2 friend in the back of this car which you wouldn't guess just by looking from the outside. My only real complaints are it does tend to be a very uncomfortable ride for long trips as the seats are not comfy what-so-ever. The passenger side is more noticeable than the driver. However, when the seats are laid back, you have plenty of room to stretch out. The dashboard controls are very easy to use while driving unlike many new cars which I find to be very complicated while driving and searching hard for a particular button or temp control. Road noise is at a minimum but you are able to hear the engine quite loudly. This is my second Honda and like my first, I am right under 100k miles and never have I once had to have it in the shop for anything more than an oil change. Only other complaint and this goes for most Honda cars: Honda used cheap quality top coat on the paint job which can sometimes lead to spots that can not be removed from the paint. Particularly on the hood and top of vehicle. My red Accord was very noticeable however my charcoal CR-Z not so much and certainly not to the degree of my Accord. Very safe vehicle as well. I was struck hard on the driver side by a semi-truck and walked away without a scratch granted it was no life threatening accident but a considerable amount of damage was caused. Driving in Econ mode feels a little sluggish when needing to accelerate quickly, though that is to be expected but on the bright side, switching between modes in very simple with the touch of a button on the left hand side of the steering column and using the different modes, you will certainly tell a difference. Sport mode does tend to burn way more fuel than Normal or Econ but its fun to throw it in to sport occasionally and use the paddle shifters. Overall, I would give this vehicle a 10 simply based on the famous Honda quality and reliability as well as design and mpg. Mpg really does depend on your driving, even for a hybrid. As I stated before, I receive 45-50 mpg on most days. Biggest flaw to this car would be the blind spots and seeing through the read windshield. I found this to be difficult at first and nearly had several collisions however it wasn't long until I became use to it and figured out my methods for working around the blind spot. Overall, I give this a 10 and would recommend to anyone! It is listed as a sports car with most insurance companies so that can sometimes affect your premiums but nothing too bad. When I say sporty, again it is no Porsche but if you are looking for a hybrid but want something a little less stereotypical hipster such as the family ride Prius, then this may be the car for you! And in response to the one bad review on this site stating the car kept shutting off during her test drive which "made it the worst car she's ever driven", it is designed to do that...all I could do was laugh."

Great vehicle, reliable 41 MPG overall

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pros: "Good price for a very fuel efficient car."

Cons: "Road noise"

"I've had this vehicle nearly two years. Impressed with the performance- quite peppy, and the fuel economy which I check and record on every tank. Overall has been 41.5 mpg, including a harsh Michigan winter last year. It did fairly well in snow, too. The engine stops when the car stops and restarts when the brake is released. It was easy to get used to that and I no longer even notice it. It has never failed to restart. It is interesting to observe the operation of the hybrid system and to use that real-time information to adjust driving to get better fuel economy. It is a two-seat car and there is room behind the front seats for storage. They almost could have installed two small seats there. Back of that space folds down to provide a flat storage area. There is more road noise than I am used to, but even that seems to be less noticeable with time. Overall a good value and fun to drive."

not reliable

By on Monday, July 27, 2015

Pros: "good gas miles, fun, sharp"

Cons: "battery doesn't stay charged"

"battery doesn't hold charge for more than a few days. always have to jump it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda CR-Z near Honolulu. See local deals