2011 Honda CR-Z

Based on 83 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

I Love This Car

By on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive and great comfort. Price low 20s"

Cons: "Could use a little more pep"

"Very stylish and sporty look. Reliability is great. I have had no issues whatsoever. It could use a little more pep, but it is a hybrid and supposed to get great gas mileage, so I guess you can't ask for everything. Riding and driving comfort is good and secure."

GREAT

By on Friday, November 19, 2010

"Just got my honda crz a week ago almost 2 now i love it great on gas n just cause its a hybrid dont let that fool you the 3 engiine mode is my favorite feature when you throw it in soprt the car flys and i have an automatic i can only imaine the car in manuel i get the best of both worlds cause even with the automatic it has paddle shifting behind the steering wheel which adds an extra kick in sport mode great car recommend it to anyonen its a gas saver and very sporty has a great look to it... i get complaints everywhere on the body i have it in pearl white very nice color"

Good Car, has flaws

By on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"I've owned 2 hondas in my life. An 08 Civic EX Coupe automatic and an 11 CR-Z EX w/o navi manual. Of the two, I like various things about them. My perspective is taken after owning both. Pros for the CR-Z. Its much more nimble, though roughly the same weight, its body lean is much less than the Civic. Its also quicker off the line and passing on the freeway is much much easier, I dont even downshift, the "sport" mode takes care of it for me. Excellent fuel economy. I get ~39 mpg average, and my daily commute is all city ~11miles each way. Neutral- The sun visors are equally cheap in both cars. But thats the way it is for all honda's under 25k, so its a tie. The interior styling is futuristic and really neat in both cars. I like them equally. The digital speedometer is AWESOME! I just love it. The steering wheel in both is great. The CR-Z is a tad narrower but the leather feel is great and makes up for its rather puny size compared to the Civic. The alloy rims are really nice as are all EX stuff that comes with both cars. Definately a "must" addon to either vehicle, the value is there. Just like the civic, the passenger is left totally bored. There is nothing for the passenger to do but change his vents. Its all driver centric, pro or con, you decide, but my wife is totally bored over there. Must have ipad in glovebox (which fits in both btw) Both have ample trunk space. I love them, but the CR-z has a slight advantage in that its temp controlled and always accessible from cockpit. Cons- The civic seats were bigger and better for touring. The CR-Z seats are shorter in the seat, so someone of my size (6'2") has a rough time keeping comfortable after several hours. The battery is too small. Only .6kWh means you drain it if you floor it on the onramp. And when that battery isnt helping, that motor is too under powered. That makes it a tad slower than the civic for long accelerations. The vehicle also only charges when in gear. So if you want to charge the battery without moving your SOL. Its a bummer its not plugin, so dont think you're going to race more than 2, 1/4 mile stretches with battery."

Sporty car with great mileage!

By on Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pros: "Sporty look, awesome gas mileage, fun to drive!"

Cons: "Bad rear visibilty, vent system, and seat comfort"

Nice-looking and sporty!

"Love this car in many ways! Fun to drive, lots of electronics, great engine/transmission, great mileage, sporty look, etc. The three driving mode buttons (ECON, NORMAL, and SPORT) allow for a variety of driving conditions. I am a "spirited" driver, so mileage is secondary to getting to where I want to go fast. On freeways I drive 80-90 mph with the cruise on nearly all the time. That would seem to blow away gas mileage but, in reality, I average 33 mpg overall. If I was a more careful driver driving 55-65, I would get 45+ mpg. Just different styles and goals. Interior is great. All the controls are easy to read and accessible, and there are different colored lights on the speedometer that reflect your current driving habit....very cool. Navigation is good with a large screen. Ventilation is good, however, there could be a better vent style that allows for more directional flow, i.e., towards the torso. The seat fabric is nice and somewhat comfortable, but on long trips the seat lacks comfort. Exterior is very good-looking. Design is sporty and clean, however, rear visibility through the back side of the hatch is awful as there is a support strip that blocks the best view. Very poor design for that. The headlights rock! Brightest halogen lights I've ever seen, and that's important in deer country. Some people complain about the lack of power in this car, but I drive my Honda CR-Z hard, and this car is up to the task. Engine and electric motor run flawlessly and the car is fun to drive. The three-mode change for the engine, coupled with an awesome CVT transmission, make for spirited driving if you want it. Overall, I give this car a two thumbs up."

Nice-looking and sporty!

Good but not Great

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "Good mileage, Sporty look and feel"

Cons: "ROAD NOISE! no armrest, Sluggish"

"Quick and zippy but has no real power. Even in sport mode the car seems sluggish once the initial torque from the electric motor runs out. The 6 speed version may be more fun to drive but the CVT really takes some of the driving feeling out of it. The suspension is lacking in both comfort and performance. This car has a good deal of body roll in tight turns and the road noise is unforgivable. Let's not forget though that this is a hybrid and honestly we just are not quite there yet as far as merging a power and economy. Bottom line, great fun solution for a boring long commute just remember when you wish you had more power that it only takes $30 to fill and that will get you around 400 miles."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda CR-Z near Honolulu. See local deals