2016 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,303 - $23,728.

Invoice N/A

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 01/19/2017

10/9.7

7.7

Based on 345 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

7.6/10
    7.6/10

Honda continues to impress with CRV

By on Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Pros: "value, reliability,resale value"

Cons: "upgrade EX models with a few more EXL options"

"This is our second CRV, previous one was a 2013 EXL on a 3 year lease which was flawless vehicle and not one issue in 2 1/2 yrs of driving. Just traded to the 2015 EX and Honda has made a good thing even better. Superb vehicle in every way, only wish steering wheel was leather like in Accord and auto climate should be standard on EX models, but not a deal breaker. This updated model for 2015 is better, smoother and quieter in every way , Honda will be in our garage for many many years to come."

Reliable, Drives and Handles well

By on Monday, December 19, 2016

Pros: "Safe, Ridability, dependable, enjoyable."

Cons: "storage"

"This is the third CRV I have owned. Needless to say, I am fond of the Name, Reliability, Good Driving and the like. The first CRV was not within my comfort zone. I later found out that Honda bought the model and placed their name on it. The original model is/was Isuzu's. The second was 2008 and had better gas mileage but did not compare to the additional cutting edge features of the 2012. I feel confident and experience the ride very similar to an automobile. The rear storage has never been developed to transport substantial home improvement elements. I have no regrets; other than the purchase process. First, I leased the vehicle for three years. This alone was acceptable because the purchase price was beyond my means. I decided to purchase the same vehicle due to my good experience."

Easy to drive

By on Monday, January 16, 2017

Pros: "Easy to drive"

Cons: "Seat not comfortable, purchase price is expensive"

"I love my CRV. Good on gas and uses 85 octane. The safety feature of mitigated braking really does work. AWD and traction and stability control make the car very stable in all weather situations. Initial acceleration is a little sluggish, but once it gets going, the car flies. The CV transmission does not create resistance, the way geared transmissions do. The seat is not so comfortable, but the sound system really rocks."

Only One Issue

By on Saturday, June 18, 2016

Pros: "Handles beautifully in the real world, convienent."

Cons: "needs premium gas to achieve advertised MPG."

"Love this car. I spend too much of my life driving but this CRV makes it a pleasure. My only problem with it is the gas milage. I drive gently, and the only way I can come close to the EPA estimates is when I use non-ethanol or premium gas. On regular I get, at best, 22-26 mpg, average 25 with 3/4 highway milage. This was a huge disappointment as gas milage was a big consideration in my choice of transportation."

Best car we've ever owned, by far.

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Exceptional quality, comfortable seating smooth"

"The 2014 Honda CR-V EX FWD is the best car we've owned in the last 30 years. This is our 3rd Honda and it is the smoothest, quietest and most comfortable car we could imagine. We've also owned Toyota and Jeeps, but this car is just appealing in so many ways. It has a very understated elegance. There's no flash that will go out of style next year. It's like an Apple computer. Very simple design and appearance. The ride is very smooth and the cabin is exceptionally quiet compared to other crossover SUV's we test drove. We thought we could go with the Toyota RAV, just to see if we could leave Honda. But, for us, it didn't compare. The fit and finish of the interior seems to be of a higher priced auto. The seats were exceptionally comfortable, and we both have bad backs. It is a pleasure to drive around the city."