2012 Honda CR-V

7.6

Based on 359 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

7.5/10
    7.6/10

Honda continues to impress with CRV

By on Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Pros: "value, reliability,resale value"

Cons: "upgrade EX models with a few more EXL options"

"This is our second CRV, previous one was a 2013 EXL on a 3 year lease which was flawless vehicle and not one issue in 2 1/2 yrs of driving. Just traded to the 2015 EX and Honda has made a good thing even better. Superb vehicle in every way, only wish steering wheel was leather like in Accord and auto climate should be standard on EX models, but not a deal breaker. This updated model for 2015 is better, smoother and quieter in every way , Honda will be in our garage for many many years to come."

Very happy with Hondas. Best for reliablility.

By on Sunday, May 21, 2017

Pros: "Perfect size and nice to drive"

"I have had my Honda CR-V for over a year. I love to drive it and I feel very safe in it. It has been a very reliable car for me."

Best car we've ever owned, by far.

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Exceptional quality, comfortable seating smooth"

"The 2014 Honda CR-V EX FWD is the best car we've owned in the last 30 years. This is our 3rd Honda and it is the smoothest, quietest and most comfortable car we could imagine. We've also owned Toyota and Jeeps, but this car is just appealing in so many ways. It has a very understated elegance. There's no flash that will go out of style next year. It's like an Apple computer. Very simple design and appearance. The ride is very smooth and the cabin is exceptionally quiet compared to other crossover SUV's we test drove. We thought we could go with the Toyota RAV, just to see if we could leave Honda. But, for us, it didn't compare. The fit and finish of the interior seems to be of a higher priced auto. The seats were exceptionally comfortable, and we both have bad backs. It is a pleasure to drive around the city."

Only One Issue

By on Saturday, June 18, 2016

Pros: "Handles beautifully in the real world, convienent."

Cons: "needs premium gas to achieve advertised MPG."

"Love this car. I spend too much of my life driving but this CRV makes it a pleasure. My only problem with it is the gas milage. I drive gently, and the only way I can come close to the EPA estimates is when I use non-ethanol or premium gas. On regular I get, at best, 22-26 mpg, average 25 with 3/4 highway milage. This was a huge disappointment as gas milage was a big consideration in my choice of transportation."

Excessive Vibration Issue ruins otherwise good SUV

By on Saturday, September 5, 2015

Pros: "Has the potential to be the class leader"

Cons: "vibration/stalling issue ruins the deal"

"The 2015 CRV looks great on paper. Solid resale, lots of current technology, great milage. HOWEVER, buyers need to be aware that they may or may not purchase a CRV with the Honda acknowledged "Vibration problem". Not everyone will be affected but if you are of the unlucky ones who is affected, you will regret your purchase immensely. My CRV began seriously vibrating and feeling like it will stall after about 500 miles of driving. When I am at a stop light, with car in gear and foot on the brake the engine will drop to 500rpm's and the car will begin to severely vibrate and feel like it will stall. A very disconcerting feeling when driving a brand new car. Honda claims that some vibration is normal and a "charateristic" of the CRV. I disagree. The same engine/CVT combination exists in the current Accord and none of the vibration issues affect the Accord. Honda has publicly identified 3 "types" or "modes" of vibration. My problem is defined as "Mode 1". As of September 2015 there is NO FIX available despite the fact this issue has been known since Fall 2014. Thankfully I have just one of the Mode issues. Some drivers have all 3 vibration mode problems. This SUV is well built and quite frankly a solid ride. However if I had to do it all over again I would have purchased a Nissan Rogue which is very similar in size, is better priced and gets great fuel economy as the CRV. Even though I did a fair amount of research reading most major auto publications reviews none of the reviews I read mentioned they had vibration issues so I bought. So buyer beware! You may get a CRV which runs fine in which case you will have an amazing little SUV HOWEVER there is a good chance that you may end up with a CRV with significant engine/CVT issues which makes driving the car extremely frustrating. If you MUST own a CRV I would suggest waiting until Honda announces a fix for all 3 Vibration mode issues."