2008 Honda CR-V

Based on 713 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

After One Year...

By on Saturday, October 6, 2007

"of ownership, my wife and I still love the CR-V. No major problems. There was a service bulletin on the rear diff, but the dealer took care of it free of charge. Fuel mileage (90% City) averages about 23-24MPG. Highway driving at 55MPH has been about 29-30MPG. Highway driving at 75MPH gets about 23MPG. My only qualm would be power. The 4 cylinder is peppy, but I'd prefer a little more power. The ride quality is good, but there is a lot of road noise (esp. in the back seat) when driving over rough roads. Not a huge deal, but worth mentioning. Overall, the CR-V has been everything that we expected it to be."

Nice car

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"I traded my 05 Chev. Tahoe in on the 07 4X4 CR-V. The transition was hard at first. Due to the Tahoe having many extra features. But, when said and done the CR-V has been the best for me. I only drive 5 miles a day to work. I average about 20 mpg which is great for me in town compared to 12 mpg in the Tahoe. (Since gas was 4.00 a gallon!) I am only 5 feet tall I feel very comfortable driving,parking the CR-V. My only MAJOR complaints are the seats need more padding and I wish they had Auto on/off lights. Where you open the doors the paint scratches easily from your fingernails. I tried to get some handle covers but they don't make them yet. Other than that I really like my CR-V. I like driving it. I can park it anyplace I want to. It doesn't really have any blind spots when backing up. It's just a really nice little car. I put a few extras on it when I purchased it like the rain guards,sun visor, and a back window spoiler. Looks really sharp. Have not seen any like mine yet! Maybe by the time I go to trade again they will have improved my complaints!"

Very sensible crossover SUV choice.

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, Lexus-like ride quality."

Cons: "Poor acceleration, bland styling, large blindspot."

"The CRV is a very safe option if you are looking for a reliable, safe, comfortable car that will get you from point A to point B for 200,000 miles without any problems. However, its a rather boring vehicle and strains under acceleration. The interior is ho-hum, though I can't deny that it is well-assembled with high quality materials. The seats are comfortable, but the fabric is cheap and stains easily. The CRV has very ample cargo space, the backseat folds down with ease and it features a cargo cover that doubles a shelf. Steering is average, braking is very abrupt. The CRV can come to stop in a seemingly impossible but very impressive distance; however the overactive brake pedal can take some getting used to. The ride itself is glass-smooth, the suspension absorbs every little bump in the road. Exterior styling is pleasant but unnoticeable, but the rims are exceptionally attractive and expensive-looking. My biggest gripe with the CRV is the very poor acceleration. While accelerating from a stop at a reasonable pace is no problem, passing on the highway is a difficult and noisy affair in the CRV. RPMs abruptly jump above 4000 whenever the accelerator is depressed at speeds more than 55mph. What ultimately makes the CRV a sound choice is that it is a Honda product. The interior and exterior, as well as the legendary Honda engine, will last a good fifteen problem-free years."

Way more than I expected

By on Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"I have leased 2 Lexus, a BMW and a Cadillac (junk mobile). Because of my miles, I could no longer lease. I needed a car that costs less than $30,000. After months of research I decided on a Crosstour. That ended up being too expensive. My fall back position was the CRV EX leather with nav. I made my best deal and got my color (urban titanium). I can't believe how nice this vehicle is! It does everything well. Handles nice, plenty of power, awesome gas mileage (31 highway). Very nice interior, super sound system, perfect fit and finish. Small enough to fit everywhere and big enough to fit cargo and passengers. I enjoy driving it as much as all the $50,000 cars of the past. So many features make sense that I can't list them all. It has the best nav system I have ever had. If it holds up it will be the best car I have ever owned. Considering honda's reputaion, I have no reason to believe it will be a problem. Now I know why they sell so many of these. I am not a guy that cares much about performance so the 4cyl is just fine. The ride is soft but not mushy and firm but not stiff. The seats are very comfortable and the drivers seat adjusts well. It is not flashy but it is very pracical. I never ever thought I could find a car for $27,800 that was this nice. I love it!"

Practically perfect in every way

By on Sunday, November 18, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "Comfort, reliability, cargo & seating space, sound"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I currently lease this car and would definitely buy it off the lease if I hadn't currently run into financial hardship. I love EVERYTHING about this car except: The gas mileage. It doesn't even get too bad of mileage but I went from a civic to a CR-V and my mileage was cut by about 1/3. It averages out to between 23-25 miles per gallon. There is even a gauge in the car that tells you exactly what you're getting. I do an equal mix of both highway and city driving and with gas prices as they are, I have to fill up at least once a week."

AWD is a great vehicle

By on Monday, March 2, 2009

"AWD handles like a sports car. Roomy in rear. Excellant sound system (premium). Will do 30 mpg with cruise set at 60. Traction control with breaking feature makes it do well on wet roads. My only complaint is road noise and tire whine. Seats are comfortable, adjustable. Heated seat a good feature even in Florida. Cup holder and center rest in back seat is tilted, I thought ti was broken but found that they are all thr same. Engine is small but gearing is good."

squeak box

By on Thursday, January 15, 2009

"The motor is ok. It only has 50000 miles on it. It has had a squeak since it was almost new. it is the door to roof squeaking against each other. I believe it is not made strong enough. The dealer stops the squeak and 2 days later it is back again. It is also small inside and not comfortable. After tax and a 100000 mile warranty, because it has a low warranty, we paid 30000 dollars for this thing and it is not worth it in my eyes."

Best bang for the buck

By on Saturday, August 30, 2008

"We have had ours for about 1.5 years. Already have 40,000 miles on it. We love the Cr-V. We have a 1 year old son and a 120 lb Akita. The three of us and the dog have gone on 7 hours trips and had more than enough room. I am 6'5", and i fit well, with plenty of space behind me. I have averaged 29 mpg on the highway, but generally speaking it gets about 26 mpg driving to work and back. Seats can be rather hard after about 5 hours driving, but overall not bad. This is our favorite vehicle ever and would love to keep it forever. No problems so far after 40,000 miles. P.S. Would definately recommend the rubber rear mat for the cargo area. Saves many hours of trying to clean dog hair, sand, dirt etc. out of the carpet."

dependable

By on Friday, July 24, 2009

"Pros: dependable performance, adequate room for 4, holds more in cargo space than expected, attactive body, gas ok considering it's an SUV Cons: interior too plastic feel, opening in cargo space should be larger, fold down seats cumbersome arrangement"

great suv with mpg

By on Saturday, May 10, 2008

"This vehicle is a fantastic value. Great gas mileage for a 4WD. Ride is a little choppy but to be expected with 4WD and short wheel base. Roomier than you would think. Tremendously reliable (a Honda of course) with all the amentities you need. Have owned 4 other SUV's and this one gets 5 stars for reliability and performance. Plenty of spunk. Never a problem in snowy conditions. You won't be disappointed with this vehicle. If you want an SUV that delivers mileage. quality and room, this is the one."

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"My only complaint is driver side door handle is very uncomfortable, too hard to rest your left leg upon. Otherwise great car, mileage in excess 25 mpg. Much improved over my 2000 CRV! Better acceleration and braking than old model, much more comfort with leather seats. Rear backing camera, multi-disc changer and NAV system are great extras even though the voice command doesn't work that great."

I have had 6

By on Thursday, August 13, 2015

Pros: "resale, quality, space, handling, reliability"

Cons: "ROAD NOISE!"

"I have had six CRV HONDAS. We don't shop for other model cars.None have had anything but scheduled maintenance Resale is incredible, quality, space , and driving it in town is so easy. The CRV GETS GOOD MPG AVG 21 TO 23 ALL AROUND AVG. 4 CYLINDER ENGINE HAS MORE THAN ENOUGH POWER. NO V6 WOULD BE NEEDED.I purchased my first one in 2000. Ive had one IN MY driveway since. There is however a significant negative, ROAD NOISE! Why Honda will not address road noise in all of theyre vehicles not just CRV is beyond me.ONE WEAKNESS is NOT BAD but IF THE ROAD NOISE IS EVER ADDRESSED, the CRV IS THE BEST SUV on the road hands down."

2007 is my favorite vehicle so far.

By on Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, sporty, versatile, low maintenance."

Cons: "LX sound system is weak. Buy the EX."

"My 2007 LX has 118,000 miles. This has been a great vehicle. The only repairs other than maintenance have been 1 set of brake pads and the replacement of the a/c compressor at 117,500 miles. The a/c repair has been an issue w/ 2 previous Accords I have owned but not until over 100,000 miles! I live in Florida and run the a/c in high temps constantly. Wish I had purchased the EX for better sound system, inside temperature gauge and trim package. So reliable, that when I replace it, I would sell it to a friend or family member."

Love the Honda cars

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

"Love the spacious seating areas. great for travel. Great quality vehicle. Never had any problem selling my previous Hondas. Great reliable vehicles."

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Great value for the plentiful options!"

Cons: "No Cons. Well suited for a young family."

"This is the 17th vehicle purchase I have made. All of my cars have only been driven one year or less. I quickly became bored or dissatisfied and was ready for something new. I have driven my 2007 CRV for 4 1/2 years now. I LOVE it. It has all the features I wanted. We have been extremely rough on both the interior and the exterior and it has held up beautifully!! I would recommend a CVR to anyone looking to buy!"

Not to my liking ...

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Decent mileage, maneuverability, sound system"

Cons: "Quality"

"Folks, the Hondas built here in the States are not as good as the cars when they were built in Japan. There are quality issues: squeaks, rattles, trim falling off, doors not aligned properly, just to name a few. Add to that this problem: dealer service for warranty issues is not that good. Here in Tulsa, the shop rate is $95 an hour. You would think that at those rates, the quality of the mechanics would be better. Not necessarily so. In my 2 years of ownership, I have had my car in the shop for almost 2 months to fix what should NEVER has been issues in the first place. If you get an import, make sure it was built in the country that it is identified with."

Great Family SUV

By on Monday, July 11, 2011

Pros: "Good acceleration for 4 cyl, exterior styling, Loads of cargo room!"

Cons: "Cheap tires!"

"I currently own a 2011 Honda CRV. I purchased my fist CRV in 2007. IT was the LX model in Glacier blue. I really enjoyed the car except the lack of features available in the LX. This year I received about the 15th call from the dealership where I purchased it, they wanted to buy it back and get me into a new CRV due to their low used inventory. So I went and traded the 07 LX for a "Tango Red" EX. I have to say that was a great decision! I love the minor style updates that came with the new CRV. The only complaint I have is the cheap tires that came on both CRV's. Other than that the car has been great! No major repairs, only that special fluid had to put in the axles to reduce noise while turning(07 model). Great Car!"

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"This vehicle has been excellent. We switched from a Tahoe to the CRV in 2008 to save on gas and we love it. It improved our average combined mileage from 16mpg to 26mpg and the only thing we gave up was a dvd player and 3rd row seating! The only negative on the entire vehicle was the continental tires that came on it were junk. I've switched them to Michelins and the road noise went away. This thing is very well built we live in Michigan where the roads and weather are tough and it handles great in both areas. We went thru 3 chevy suv's and none have saved us this much money on gasoline alone."

Love this CRV

By on Monday, April 20, 2009

"This is our first Honda. After checking out the Rav4 we picked the CRV because we felt there was more bang for the buck. Love the dashboard electronics, multiple trip Odometers etc. I am kind of a geek when it comes to the technical features and this one is full of great stuff. With good tires it is great in the snow. We would buy another one. Combined MPG is 24-26 consistantly."

Gets 27 MPG, happy with CRV overall

By on Saturday, April 18, 2009

"Purchased the CR-V in 2007, so 2 years ago. Positives are 27 MPG on mostly highway driving, radio incl XM, leather heated seats on EX. Only two key drawbacks are rear visibility (difficult to know where car is while backing up), and hard, harsh ride over N.J. potholed roads. Folding up the rear seats into an enomous trunk is a snap. Overall, I would buy this car again."

Great Honda

By on Saturday, August 30, 2008

"We have owned Hondas since 1979. We love the new body style and the 17" wheels to be able to view traffic more safely. We cannot understand the problems with mileage that has been reported. We have owned our CRV for 18 months, have driven it over 22,000 miles, during which we have averaged about 25mpg. We have taken 2 trips of about 1,500 miles each, which included significant mountain driving, and the rest of the miles have generally been "in town". We have been very impressed with the tire pressure monitoring which I believe will save many $ in tire replacement. The monitoring is very accurate and reliable. This is a perfect vehicle for a couple. The back seat clearance is "skimpy.""

don't beleive the mileage

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"this vehicle is nice but could use some more comfortable seating. also gas mileage is actually better on an old country road. If your hitting the interstate expect about 26 mpg. I can get 29 mpg on a regular road going 55 mph."

best small suv

By on Sunday, May 18, 2008

"i was suprised by the get up and go on this car espicaily for a 4 cyl suv. I was very surprised the day after i got it the road was wet and i was merging in a hurry and something i thought would be underpowered was doing a fwd burnout. the only thing i regret is not getting the 4wd modle now that im going through snow on a daily basis."

I love this car

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"I traded in y Big Dodge truck, and bought the Honda CR-V. I love everything about this suv. Drives easy, parks easy, and I pass a lot of gas stations. My wife has a 2007 Toyota Camry. She loves driving my CR-V. I would absolutely recommend this Honda to anyone. I get 23 MPG around town."

Awesome!

By on Thursday, June 14, 2007

"I bought my CRV in 2006, a brand new 2007 EX. I wish I had choseen the fully loaded one, because it seems to be the perfect SUV for me, I wouldnt trade it for any other SUV. Love it! Just could use a little bit more power, but great in general!"