2006 Honda CR-V

Based on 778 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

CR-V is not a reliable automobile

By on Friday, September 3, 2010

"We purchased this car new in 2005. This automobile, used by my college student daughter has required more maintenance than the other four cars our family owns, combined. We have experienced four brake jobs, an emissions part failure, a water pump failure, and a transmission failure in the 27,000 miles we have utilized this car. I will never own another Honda, and would not recommend one to a friend."

2002 CRV AC is defected

By on Thursday, May 14, 2009

"2002-2005 Honda AC compressors are defeated and will stop working around 80000 miles."

Beware of the Catalytic Converter

By on Saturday, May 9, 2009

"I bought this car used for my wife because of Honda' s good name for reliability. The car was mechanically sound and I was happy for about a year. One day the Check Engine light came on and I took it to a dealer in San Diego. They diagnosed the problem to a Catalytic Converter failure and suggested replacing it. Now this car is manual as I always feared costly automatic transmission repairs, but guess what the Catalytic Converter replacement is equivalent. I had to pay $1,800 to the dealer to fix the problem. Honda said the warranty on the Catalytic Converter is 80,000 or 8 years, but my car was around 95,000 at the time so they left it up to me. This kind of repairs to me destroy Honda reputation completely. I will never buy used Honda again in the future. If I do buy one that would be a new one and I will get rid of it while it is still under warranty."

Disappointed

By on Thursday, April 9, 2009

"I got this car for my wife in April 2007. Bought it from the dealer as a Certified Pre-Owned, since then: The Radio died one week after I bought it: $ 650.00 The A/C went out: $3500.00 VTC Solenoid out :$300.00 Idle valve/module out: $500.00 Plus Regular maintenance which was always done religiously @ the Dealer. Gas consumption is not the best for an I4. all repairs where covered by an extended warranty from Fidelity Warranty Services, Inc. Very Disappointed, would think twice before buying another CR-V"

Good solid Honda

By on Sunday, March 1, 2009

"I got this car at 10,000 miles and put on 20,000 more in the first year. It has been more than reliable for us. We have made many long distance trips (300+ miles) and have never had even a hiccup. With consistent upkeep and oil changes, Hondas will last forever. The power in this car is what really surprised me. When I bought the car over the Rav-4 with the V6 (I got a deal I couldn't refuse from my Honda dealership), I was thinking that there was going to be a great sacrifice in power. However, I've never been left wanting for power. It will pass cars with ease, even with the car fully loaded with passengers and going uphill! What is lacking in this car is nice interior appointments. There must be no sound dampening at all in this car, because the interior road noise is LOUD. The 2006 model didn't offer a power seat for the driver's side, which is a definite minus in my book. Your back really feels it after a long drive. There is an intermittent setting for the wipers, but it's not adjustable, which is frustrating when there's little more than a sprinkle of rain. We have the top of the line SE and expected to see more features than what it gives. For 2007-present, Honda made some major changes (for the better) in this department. All in all though, this has been a great car for the family. It fits all of us in with gear, gets good gas mileage, and we always know we're going to be able to depend on it with long distance drives. I would, however, go with an '07-'10 to get the nicer interior."

Very reliable car

By on Friday, January 4, 2008

"Mileage wise is very good. Low cost maintenance. Very comfortable inside and easy to drive."

Poor AC condenser

By on Saturday, August 4, 2007

"I bought this car new in 2004. Havent had a minutes problem with it until it broke down on the highway and left me stranded in 100 degree heat with my 2 year old daughter. The a/c unit has a bad condenser. 1300 to fix it and that is unacceptable for a car that is 3 years old. Im looking at the toyota Rav4."

Extremely reliable

By on Monday, June 26, 2017

Pros: "Reliable, good looking, sit higher than in a sedan"

Cons: "can be noisy, could use more legroom in front"

"Bought this used with 3ooo miles on it. Great vehicle with decent cargo space. Has only cost me regular maintenance and a set of tires and a taillight. My complaint is that there should be more leg room up front for tall, long-legged folks like me when driving or sitting in the passenger seat. It also tends to be a tad noisy on highways, tho that has improved with the new tires. I would most likely get another one."

love it - bought the same car twice

By on Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Pros: "compact but roomy. Safe, awd. Fun to drive"

Cons: "wish it had an ipod outlet"

"Best car ever. I had one 2006, drove it to 80k and traded it in for another 2006 with 27k...now at 100k. Perfect for me. Travels well, holds a lot, doesn't gluzzle gas, and I always feel safe on the road. The perfect size suv for me."

Great Value Vehicle

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "Long lasting, easy to handle, accelerates well"

Cons: "Basic interior, somewhat loud engine"

"This vehicle has done an incredible job at what it's made for - driving lots of miles and hauling stuff. My father bought it new and 11 years later it is still kicking with minimal updates. Obviously I wish the inside was nicer (I just have the basic finishes), but it has amazing steering radius, great pick up and go. Also, the car is a little loud on the highway, but nothing outrageous. Overall it is a work horse and a great investment."

I had no problem for 9 years just the wear & tear.

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "very reliable"

Cons: "Transmission will most likely to give in first."

"My family & i love this mid size SUV Honda C-RV , its almost ten years old normal wear and tear and we we really had a great experience to this very reliable. Cons is the transmission gone bad after 9 years so i had no choice i replaced it, i did not expect that and i searched reviews on it thats the big issues for Honda C-RV 2005 rather than that I still love the car but i have to upgrade to a full size SUV."

Better than I ever expected

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "Lots of storage, Very dependable,"

Cons: "Seats are firm, Parts are expensive"

"My wife bought this car before we met, and at first glance I didn't think much of it, until we decided to use it to go up the mountain and go snowboarding. WOW, this thing could not be stopped. On our way up the mountain we hit a major snowstorm. I threw the chains on the front and up we went. After we reached the slopes, we found out that at least 150 cars were stuck in the snow on the road we just went through. We went to our Hotel that night, which had a steep uphill gravel driveway covered in snow. This car handled it without a problem. After we parked, we walked down to the lodge and noticed a Jeep Cherokee stuck in the snow on the driveway we had JUST gone up. (and yes, the Jeep had chains on) I can't say enough about this car. It has storage pockets everywhere, and the folding table that is the floor in the back has come in handy many times. It has decent power for a 4 cyl. and gets about 25 mpg on average. When and if this car ever dies, we will definitely buy another one. Honda makes a great car."

It's a Honda!

By on Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Pros: "Fit"

Cons: "Road noise"

"Nice vehicle, used it in snowy PA and hot dry TX and hot wet TX. Performs admirably. Snow driving is better than rain. Important to keep good tires. Too much road noise! Nice steering controls. 5th door is SOOOO much better than a liftgate. Easier to get things in an out. Also... so very nice having backwindow able to open separately. Good design by Honda. Comfortable ride for this 6'1" driver. Back seats slide back and forth. 60/40 split is greta too. very useful. Recommend a roof rack and tow hitch. Then it's possible to carry lots of stuff. Wish they continued to make this design ...."

great all weather run about and small hauler

By on Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Pros: "very well maintained and very handy"

Cons: "acceleration for merging could be better"

"Silver grey with dk grey interior. Excellent mechanical condition with all service done at local dealer. Has cross bars, cargo pad, and cargo net. Have had it since new and it's been garage kept. One accident when it was rear-ended but damage limited to spare wheel on rear of car. This car easily has 100k miles of life remaining."

Best small SUV

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Great Traction at Highway speeds, Trouble Free,"

Cons: "gas mileage(SUV),seats do not remove, ? Towing."

"Great small SUV, sporty feel with moon-roof, Runs,and runs. Awesome traction in the snow and rain!! Can haul heavy loads in small cabin area. Great on highway. Great driving position above other cars. Gas mileage is another thing. Bad on gas,but it is 4WD.... 270,000 miles and still feels great driving down the road...I hope it can only be improved on!..."

Best car ever!

By on Saturday, May 4, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, quiet, spacious"

"This is a car with perfect ergonomics, large cargo area, and lots of storage places. It is extremely reliable not having failed to start on the first try in nine years! Its all wheel drive system works flawlessly and had gotten me out of many jams. The handling is competent but not sporty. Acceleration is decent but not great. The interior is very roomy even in the back. The seats are firm but very comfortable. The ride is smooth, composed, and quiet."

Great reliable SUV

By on Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Affordable, Great Resell value, Okay MPG"

Cons: "Noisy Interior, Under-powered"

"It has lasted me forever, with little to no maintenance required. It drives fine, and the interior is quite nice, obviously not the newest top of the line gadgets, but has the essentials. Comfortable for both Driver and Passenger, and from what I have heard from folks I drive, not too bad in the back seats either. As far as cargo space, there is quite a bit. If I'm by myself or with one other I can fit my two surfboards in there easily. My only real complaints about the car is the road noise. It's pretty loud in the car on the highway. The other complaint I have is regarding the engine. It's pretty under powered (compromised with good (at the time) but now okay gas mileage of about 19C/22H). There are times on the highway and definitely driving uphill where I don't pass other vehicles cause I would need about a quarter mile to do so. Overall the CrV is a great vehicle that served me well!"

good vehicle

By on Tuesday, August 7, 2012

"bought it new in jan 06 no problems with engine. a/c gave out last year got it fixed and no problems before or after repair would recomond"

Great car, very reliable

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "good price, easy to park, reliable"

Cons: "visibility"

"This is a wonderful car we've driven it a lot and have only had to replace the breaks. The only bad point is for someone my size (5' 4")it is hard to see behind you to back up. My husband has no problem with this."

Great!

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Cons: "Steering shakes a little between 70-80 mph."

"Love my CR-V! Surprisingly roomy inside and fun to drive."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, roomy, sporty"

Cons: "battery goes dead all electronics have to be reset"

"One of the best in mileage when I bought it. Lots of room. Comfortable on long trips. Excellent maintanence schedule has kept it dependable and reliable. Can use it socially or for work as in hauling things in the back. I have enjoyed this car and hope to for many more years to come."

reliable-about 3cents per mi. for first 100,000mi

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "reliable and versatile"

Cons: "hard on tires; underpowered"

"Good gas mileage,ease of maintenance, a bit under-powered and goes through tires faster than a sedan"

Best Car I have ever owned

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "10 years later running strong"

Cons: "needs to be more sound proof from road noise."

"Love Love Love this car. Purchased it new has been worth every penny."

Quality and reliability

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "Super dependable, Pleasure to drive."

Cons: "Could use a little more power"

"If you want a car that you can drive and have no worries this is the car for you. Looking at this little SUV from the outside is deceiving, it has more room than you would expect. The handling of this SUV is great and actually fun to drive. It's no powerhouse, but when you need to go it has plenty of power. There is one problem with these cars but a easy one to fix, The door lock actuators on the drivers doors will go out but that is the only issue I have had."

It's a Keeper

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, plenty of room to haul"

Cons: "Road noise, CD player broke way too early"

"Have had my CR-V for 10 years now and plan on keeping it at least another 10. With the unpredictable Ohio weather, this vehicle has never failed to give a stable, steady ride. I'm a moderate driver so I don't take a lot of chances on the road, but I can say I have never been stuck in the snow, did do a 180 once on ice, but the thing straightened out and kept going! Mileage has been steady over the years, about 24-26 mpg, that's with a mix of city/freeway driving. The only negative is the road noise. If you keep the radio on, it drowns it out, but there's no quiet driving with this vehicle. With the AWD, keep the rear differential fluid changed every 30,000 miles or you start hearing noises and run the risk of some major $$ damage. I've only had to do regular maintenance so there's nothing to complain about with the reliability of this vehicle. I'm an impulse buyer at my local garden center so the ability to put the rear seats down and load up whatever I need to get home is amazing! One problem I've had inside the cabin is the Multi-CD player stopped working 6 years ago, I really never even used it that much. Shouldn't have broken after only a couple years. I haven't bothered having it repaired or replaced yet..."