ZIP code

2004 Honda CR-V

Based on 778 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

LOVE my Old CRV

By on Tuesday, October 4, 2011

"I have 130000 on this baby and I hope it goes another 130000. At this point I see no reason why it might not. I still think of it as my new car! NOTHING have ever gone wrong with it other than one bad AC replacement for $1000 3 years ago. Its reliable, comfortable, solid, clean inside and out, and fun."

Good car but does have problems

By on Thursday, September 30, 2010

"Bought it used in 2006 with 48k miles and now it has 123k (drove 75k miles in 4 yrs). Very versatile vehicle. I carried so many things in it. I also towed a utility trailer or a 14 ft Jon boat (barely have enough power for it avg. 21mpg when towed on highway). The seat really hurt my back so had to use some supports (pillow). Normal avg mpg: 25 Routine Maintenance: -Oil change every 5k miles -Transmission oil changed @ 75k miles -Changed tire/brake pad/air filter Problems: -Heater core leaked (80k miles): cost $700 -O2 sensor: $250 -Driver/Passenger doors rattle at speakers location: Fixed myself -One time VTEC didn't work so and rpm didn't go above 2500. Brought to mechanic but didn't find any problems and it has not happened again Will drive it to at least 200k if it didn't give me any major problems."

beware

By on Sunday, March 8, 2009

"I've been an ASE cert. technician for 26 years now, and I know, or thought I did, alot about Hondas. I purchased this 2002 for my wife 2 years ago, due to reliability, low maintenance, and easy for her to get the children in and out of. Just about 6 mos. after purchase, a few rolled through our repair shop with major a/c problems. I began to get nervous. Shortly after that, ours went out as well. I had purchased an extended warranty on the vehicle, which turned out to be a joke. For the extra $1500, for the warranty, the company wanted to send me used parts because the price of the a/c repair was too expensive. They covered $750 of it. I performed the work myself, which takes approx. 5-6 hours to do, and that $750 just barely covered my parts price for the repair. A normal customer would've been approx. $1600. Also to add to this, it gets horrible gas mileage, best at 23 mpg on highway, and you can hear the road noise inside the vehicle really bad. Other than that, this has been a good car. Just another note about the a/c, when I called the dealer about the parts, they had everything in stock, ten fold! That tells me alot about part failures when you can call a dealer and they have that kind of parts stock. The major part that went was the a/c compressor. Looks like it caught fire on the front of it. You can get this part st a parts store, which is much better priced. I got mine for $450, and the dealer was approx. $600."

Never have to worry...

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"We bought this CRV used, in 2004 with 32000 miles on it. It has been a great family vehicle. EXTREMELY reliable! From below zero temps in New England where we use to live to smoldering HOT in the south, never a problem! Always starts easy! A surprising amount of space for lugging things around like chairs, soccer balls and coolers. It's roomy enough for my husband to drive comfortably, he's 6' 1", yet good for me too, I'm 5' 0". A lot of leg room in the back seat, kids and adults can ride comfortably. Get's great gas mileage, even when the a/c is running. Have only had to do regular routine maintenance on it. Things like brakes and tires are not overly priced like with most SUV's. THe only thing I wish was that the engine had a little bit more power, it's only a 4 cyclinder, not great pick up. The Honda CRV was just listed last week on Yahoo news as one of the top 10 cars that should make past 200,000 miles, and I don't doubt it one bit!"

CRV

By on Thursday, August 23, 2007

"I like this car a lot. I bought it new and have owned it six years since. The CRV has plenty of room for my wife, my two kids and our dog. It's big enough to go to the home supply or furnature store and pick up large loads like big chairs and appliances but not so big that you have trouble parking it or have to pay alot for gas. The CRV gets about 21-22 mpg on average and if i take a highway trip it gets about 27-28 mpg. The CRV drives very well on the highway and side roads. I've also driven it in fields and on fire roads with no problems; the CRV has plenty of ground clearance for that. The 4WD does help in snow and i've never crashed or been stuck but the 4WD is a little wierd the way it only comes on only when needed. You get used to it quickly if like to slide around in the snow. I tell people that it is "on demand 4WD" but supply lags demand by about 1 second so be ready. The CRV has never broken down (yet) or had any serious problems. I've changed only the tires and brakes once in 56000 miles. I strongly recommend the CRV."

Very versatile

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"I bought this CRV new in early 2004. Gas mileage averages 22.5 mpg (mixed hwy/city). Positives: The handy under floor cargo area is great for muddy/wet gear. The adjustable back seat provides lots of leg room for back seat passengers and can be folded/tucked enough to haul my kayak or bike -- on the inside! Gets around great on wet or snow-covered roads. Negatives: The paint on the hood chips easily and chipped spots rust. Is there any undercoating??? Poor highway power when running A/C."

We own 3 CRV's

By on Saturday, February 1, 2014

Pros: "Very little maintenance cost"

Cons: "Not much power! Poor air conditioner quality"

"I bought the 2005 CRV new and have loved it. So far our family has owned 3 of them (we also have a 2004). They handle pretty well in the snow, get good gas mileage, and are a sturdy all purpose vehicle. Not much power in the engine, but I didn't buy it for that reason. Probably the only issue I have is that my daughter's '04 has an A/C that failed, and the price to repair it is ridiculous. From what I've read, that's a problem with this car. Other than that, my 2005 has been pretty reliable."

This has been the best vehicle I've ever had.

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Great car, fun to drive and will get up and go."

Cons: "No plugs for I-Pod"

Looks just like this no damage

"This CRV is a great vehicle. Always got the oil changes and normal maintenance work done at Honda dealer. So, they have complete history of vehicle. I will miss it!"

Looks just like this no damage

Has been a very reliable vehicle.

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

"I bought this new and has needed very little repairs. The pros: reliable, easy to drive, great in snowy Iowa, great cargo space, good visibility. Cons: not always the most comfortable ride, amended that with a seat cushion, noisy interior on the highway- crank up the volume (lol), gas mileage consistently 22-23mpg hwy. Have replaced the a/c twice. Will keep on driving my CRV till it quits on me! Would consider buying another if gas mileage was better."

Overall great mini suv, lots of room.

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "Sits high, plenty cargo room."

Cons: "Too much maintenance issues."

"03 bought used in 06 at 65k miles, replaced ac unit at 89k, replaced starter 92k (my fault burnt starter because battery was bad...replace battery fast). Today at 149K ac needs to be replaced again! Car overheated had to replace 2 belts one of condenser fan which caused the overheating. Cost $900.00. On top of that dealer said I would need to change the serpentine belt & tensioner which is big bucks. I am leaning on selling the car all though it was a good car just not a good year."