2002 Honda CR-V

Based on 778 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Good Small Family Value

By on Saturday, March 22, 2008

"I use it as a work vehicle, constantly carrying parts, tools and equipment to maintain radio stations at 35,000 miles/year. Good points: It has held up well with a peppy 4-cyl using 5W-20 oil, implying tight tolerances. Comfort and features are spartan ... not lavish. It handles well with respectable 24mpg highway average. It still has the original brakes at 130K with more to go. Bad Points: The factory BF Goodrich tires are HORRIBLE with poor performance and wear-demand replacements or walk. This is NOT an off-road car; it will get easily stuck in the mildest of farm pasture conditions and clearnace is TOO LOW. The "Maintenance" light is ALWAYS on with my use ... oil changes every 3750 mi. The air conditioner blew at 20K (not normal for a Honda). Somehow, the gas tank vapor canister was damaged at the same point (no accident???); the part, alone, was $900!!!! I first refused, finally relented and it's still a problem; the fuel system loses pressure when the gas cap is removed, meaning hard starts with every fillup. The dealer has insulted my intelligence at every turn and one can forget any support from Honda. Service wise, I feel like a slave to the car. It is not a bad car, but at this stage, I have a choice ... spend $2000 on service or use that money as a down-payment for a replacement. Ya' know, I have always liked Nissans. In truth, other folks generally have a better experience than mine but Honda can forget about me because of its policies and dealer support."

Top notch...never one warranty issue.

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Yeah"

"Have owned this Honda CRV for 9 yrs. No warranty issues.... just normal maintenance. Change the oil every 3,000 . All maintenance done at Honda dealership. Their pricing more than competes with Pep Boys, Salem Bros., Gruelich, etc. Just take it to Honda and get it done right."

A great car past 100k miles

By on Saturday, April 5, 2014

Pros: "Small, comfortable, go anywhere car!"

Cons: "Horizontal swing back door"

"I bought this car a little over a year ago with 82k miles on it. Since then, I've taken it on several long road trips. My mechanic says it's still working like a champ at 108k miles. We both expect to hit 200k miles someday with no problem. I really love this car. It's small enough to navigate city traffic easily. You sit high enough that you don't feel intimidated by trucks. It seats four comfortably, five in a pinch. You can go anywhere with it - 4wd only? Yeah! The only thing I don't like about it is the horizontal swing back door. It gets in the way, and if you're parked on a slant, it tends to close on you. I would prefer a door that raises up instead."

Overall Wonderful (car)

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Interior space and comfort, Driveable"

Cons: "4 Cyldr, Low undercarriage, Small wheels, low HP"

Painted black rims, Stock Silver, Grille guard added

"I get around 22 MPG Does not have a trailer hitch Wheels are small but yokohoma makes nice rugged geolanders for this size wheel Interior is comfortable and stays clean Great trunk space Love that the seats fold twice for extra trunk space OVERALL GREAT CAMPING VEHICLE"

Painted black rims, Stock Silver, Grille guard added

Best Vehicle on my 2nd one

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I am on my 2nd CR-V. In 2002, when it was time to trade our conversion van, we still needed room for traveling with our children. The CR-V is perfect size.. The cargo area holds more than I would have EVER thought possible. I have even used the silly table that came with it on several occasions.In 2004, we decided to upgrade to the EX. Again we've had NO problems with it. It already has 94,000 miles on it and nothing has been replaced except tires. If I were to keep driving a SUV, I would most definitely purchase yet another CR-V"