2000 Honda CR-V

Based on 531 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

Very good SUV very reliable

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Honda quality, good on gas for an suv."

Cons: "road noise, could use more power."

"Just like most hondas the quality is amazing, I especially like the 5-speed manual tranny. My CRV has just passed the 200000 mark and has not had a major problem yet. I guess the only complaint i have about this car is that the road noise is noticeably loud along with the high revs at highway speeds. But other than that I absolutely love my Honda!"

Best car ever owned

By on Monday, December 5, 2016

Reason: transmission issue

Pros: "Great fun and reliability"

Cons: "Cup holders didn't hold beverages real well"

"I purchased my CRV in 2001 through a credit union car buying service. It had 19 miles on it. After 15 dedicated years and 310,952 miles on it, I had to sell her on DEC 3 2016. The original transmission died and it was going to cost more than what the Blue Book value of the car is. I sold it to our mechanic for $500. I LOVED my CRV. It took me and my family on long distance road trips; to work and back; loaded furniture and special event materials in it; both kids learned to drive with my CRV, etc. The car was just right in terms of size. It wasn't too big nor too small. I took good care of it too. The exterior and interior of the car still looked great. The table is still brand new; hardly used it. The automatic locks stopped working awhile back, but you could manually lock the car. It's true what they say, they don't make them like they used to."

Great car - has served me well

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Pros: "Versatile, durable, reliable, comfortable"

Cons: "Little more power would be nice..."

"Bough this car new in 1999, now has 227,000 miles. As others mentioned - adjust the valves regularly and it will keep it purring. Easy to do yourself - there are video's on YouTube. Just did mine and motor runs like new. This car has been through a lot over the years. Carried tons of wood when I built a deck on back of my house - used to help move friends and family, hauled drywall, you name it and this truck served like a pickup. Interior is still like new. However, I am at a crossroads now as the AC, steering rack, CV joints and exhaust all need to be replaced (all original). Will be pretty costly and outweighs the value of the car. But overall, this was the best vehicle I have ever owned and there have been a lot in my life. The only other car that came close is a 2003 Hyundai Sonata that had 170,000 miles on it, never had a timing belt change but got totaled in an accident. The CRV is more versatile and great in bad weather with 4WD. I will definitely miss it if I end up letting it go."

Have owned for 12 years!

By on Thursday, April 4, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, spacious, great in snow"

Cons: "Not one!"

"I purchased my 2001 CRV with only 3 miles, and have owned it for over 12 years now (179,000) miles and I still can't bear to think of selling it! I have not had one mechanical issue with my car in all these years. My husband has tried to get me to drive the new cars purchased over the years, but I stick with Old Red! We love the cargo space available with the seats down too. This is my fourth Honda; I've loved them all, but the CRV is hands down the best!"

Excellent

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, excellent space"

Cons: "placement of tools to change spare"

"I LOVE this car. I have owned it since the summer of 2005, and if I had my choice would keep it for the rest of my life. I was the second owner. I have two kids and the space in the backseat has been great. I have had routine work on the car, and feared I was going to have to have valve work on it about 6 months ago. Just had to replace a coil. I would buy another Honda, most likely a CRV when it has to be replaced."