1999 Honda CR-V

Based on 531 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

Awesome car

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable"

Cons: "not much room in back seat for grown passengers"

"We bought this vehicle new when before the birth of our second son. It will go anywhere. It goes great in snow. It is very reliable. I would not hesitate to travel across the country in it even with the number of miles it has. I will probably keep it forever. Routine maintenance is all I have ever had done to it. It is a little crowded now that my sons are bigger, but still doable."

great little road suv

By on Sunday, August 5, 2012

Reason: totaled

"Was a very reliable car that took me all over the us. Seated 5 but was usually just carrying 2 adults and 2 car seats. The car lasted me 10 years with only having to replace fluids filters and tires. I would still be driving the car but I was rear ended by a PT Cruiser going 45 mph and slammed into the back of a pickup. The passenger area of the car held together but the back cargo area and engine compartment are totaled. All in all a great little vehicle that took good care of my family."

248,000

By on Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pros: "dependable beyound belief"

Cons: "Not as comfortable as other suv's"

"she passed away today at 248,000 miles. By far the best car i ever owned. I bought her new in 1997. She still had many original parts in place and working just fine. Dealer serviced and up to date.The timing belt tentioner let go and being an interfrence engine, it sent the valves a flying and blew the engine.I reccomend the changing of said tentioner next time and any time you do the timing belt."

250,000 MILES AND COUNTING!

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable, Lasts a long time"

Cons: "Seats get uncomfortable, sharp turns are tricky"

"I just had to come on here and write a review about this wonderful vehicle. I just hit 250,000 miles the other day, and I have no intentions of getting a new car anytime soon! It's still on the first engine, and while it's had a couple of other replacements (nothing major), it runs beautifully and has never failed me. I've taken this car on several multi-day road trips, and I plan to do so again in the next few months. With regular, basic maintenance, this car will last you as long as you want. When I do get a new car at some point in the future (I'm only 23 and am the third owner of this car, so while I do love it immensely, it stands to reason that I will buy another car one day when I actually have the funds to do so), I will definitely get another Honda. It will probably be another CR-V too, though I admit I'm not too familiar with how good the newer models are. If they're anything like the 90s models though, I'm sure they're wonderful."

I love my lil honda to death

By on Sunday, February 12, 2017

"I have a bright red Honda CRV which I call Carl, and I absolutely love him. It was my family car in the early 2000s (hence the high mileage) and continued being so until about 2012-13 when my family got a Subaru. At the same time, I got my permit and license, and so the car was deemed my first car. Its an excellent vehicle to learn to drive in. Pros - gas mileage, look, space in the back, relatively easy to clean, multiple spaces for drinks, turns nicely, and really good in bad weather (think snow, sleet, ice... as long as you drive carefully, of course!). Cons - braking system tends to wear out faster than other cars, must be careful turning and braking at same time (as with all cars, but specifically Honda because of handling and rollover rating), can get uncomfortable after a long trip (seats are not as plush as new cars)...I also noticed it can be sluggish getting up to speed, but that may just be because my Carl is about as old as I am (18). Overall, really solid car. Its easy to recognize when something is wrong - youll hear it or feel it rather quickly. Im very attached to mine and itll be bittersweet when I must replace it, but Im confident itll last through college. Also worthy of note - in 2016, I took this car to an all-day Consumer Reports Street Survival course (think wet skids, slaloms, emergency braking with no ABS) and it did well."