1999 Honda CR-V

Based on 531 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

Awesome car

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable"

Cons: "not much room in back seat for grown passengers"

"We bought this vehicle new when before the birth of our second son. It will go anywhere. It goes great in snow. It is very reliable. I would not hesitate to travel across the country in it even with the number of miles it has. I will probably keep it forever. Routine maintenance is all I have ever had done to it. It is a little crowded now that my sons are bigger, but still doable."

great little road suv

By on Sunday, August 5, 2012

Reason: totaled

"Was a very reliable car that took me all over the us. Seated 5 but was usually just carrying 2 adults and 2 car seats. The car lasted me 10 years with only having to replace fluids filters and tires. I would still be driving the car but I was rear ended by a PT Cruiser going 45 mph and slammed into the back of a pickup. The passenger area of the car held together but the back cargo area and engine compartment are totaled. All in all a great little vehicle that took good care of my family."

248,000

By on Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pros: "dependable beyound belief"

Cons: "Not as comfortable as other suv's"

"she passed away today at 248,000 miles. By far the best car i ever owned. I bought her new in 1997. She still had many original parts in place and working just fine. Dealer serviced and up to date.The timing belt tentioner let go and being an interfrence engine, it sent the valves a flying and blew the engine.I reccomend the changing of said tentioner next time and any time you do the timing belt."

250,000 MILES AND COUNTING!

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable, Lasts a long time"

Cons: "Seats get uncomfortable, sharp turns are tricky"

"I just had to come on here and write a review about this wonderful vehicle. I just hit 250,000 miles the other day, and I have no intentions of getting a new car anytime soon! It's still on the first engine, and while it's had a couple of other replacements (nothing major), it runs beautifully and has never failed me. I've taken this car on several multi-day road trips, and I plan to do so again in the next few months. With regular, basic maintenance, this car will last you as long as you want. When I do get a new car at some point in the future (I'm only 23 and am the third owner of this car, so while I do love it immensely, it stands to reason that I will buy another car one day when I actually have the funds to do so), I will definitely get another Honda. It will probably be another CR-V too, though I admit I'm not too familiar with how good the newer models are. If they're anything like the 90s models though, I'm sure they're wonderful."

Wonderful car!

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Cons: "The ONLY con is interior road sounds."

"I am at 309000 miles and wonder IF I should sell it all. Everything is perfect and all I do is regular dealer maintenance. No complaints with anything about the car or the Wenatachee dealer. If you see this car with less than 150,000 miles buy it - it will be good for at least that much more."