2017 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

32 transactions
in the last 90 days
within 100 miles
Transaction Data

This meter represents a sample range of recent transaction prices for vehicles of the same year, make and model as the vehicle specified, but sometimes with a different style and/or equipment. Analyzed transaction prices exclude taxes, DMV fees, documentation fees, other dealership charges and any available rebates or incentives.

10/9.5

8.3

Based on 69 Ratings for the 2016 - 2018 models.

A very reliable car

By on Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Pros: "Gas milage and design"

"The quality of the car is second to none. Everything i expected from a Honda. The gas milage and features are exceptional. Very pleased with my Honda Civic"

Worth every penny of the price paid.

By on Thursday, July 13, 2017

Pros: "Great performance, looks and value."

Cons: "small car ride"

"The most impressive feature based on comments from complete strangers who have commented is how absolutely gorgeous it is. From my perspective this car couldnt be better unless the ride was softened a little by some miracle while still maintaining the excellent handling and high level of performance. The turbo coupled up to the 1.5 liter 4 cylinder performs like a much larger engine. Even with the great performance it still delivers over 40 mpg overall."

Wait To Buy Until This New Model Year Is Refined

By on Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Pros: "This car is loaded to the gills and fun to drive!!"

Cons: "Ummmm...what happened to Honda Quality???"

"I have now owned my 2016 Civic Touring for 2 weeks and driven it from Florida to Arizona. 2700 miles logged so far...mostly highway but a few hundred miles in city. Lets start with the positive... The new 1.5 liter motor is stout and efficient. Combined I'm averaging 37 mpg with 42 mpg Hwy. The car has great road feel and is fun to drive. The adaptive cruise control is among the best I've ever used and the lane keeping assist is effective and pretty cool for the long highway road trips. Not much road noise to report and what there is I would attribute to the OEM tires and not the car itself. The interior of the Touring is exceptionally well appointed, comfortable and nicely designed. She has no blind spots and the passenger side mirror cam is very useful. In stop and go traffic the brake holding feature is so much easier than hopping on and off the brake pedal. Did I mention remote start?! And ALL these cool useful features are included in the Touring package at under 27K USD. Bang for Buck this is a fantastic value and a good looking ride to boot! Now the Negative... Shortly after starting my drive West I noticed the passenger side electric window struggling to close and it appears that it is a faulty motor. I guess that kinda thing happens and I just left it up for the drive. That is my only mechanical squawk. The electronics of the Touring model are not the quality I expected from Honda. Shortly after i took delivery of the car the touch screen began to flicker on and off and go blank. Picture an iPad on the dashboard malfunctioning while you are trying to setup and follow navigation, use Apple CarPlay, make phone calls, drive etc. I went back to the dealership and learned that there is a service bulletin for defective screens already in place but the car was delivered without being repaired/replaced. Maybe this is the kind of deal they will only address upon malfunction? They could not deliver a replacement screen before I was to journey West so I was out of luck. Driving a gazillion miles on I-10 with this problem (thank gawd an intermittent problem) was frustrating and to stay sane I would completely turn off the screen when it acted up. In addition, the Bluetooth feature for hands free calling and streaming music from my iPhone struggles with audio that is so choppy that the feature is virtually useless. The only option was to use hardwired via USB cable and use Apple CarPlay when the flickering screen permitted. The stereo sound is fantastic but I noticed the sound to the rear speakers and subwoofer dropped off intermittently yet happened so rarely that I wondered if was just hearing things? I found a local dealer in Arizona and they went to work. After installing a new screen...It did not work at all. Now I'm am back to the flickering original screen while we wait for a another to be shipped. The rear speakers problem is a known issue and the service department installed a software upgrade that solved the intermittent drop offs by COMPLETELY disabling the affected speakers. C'mon! I don't dare try to address the choppy Bluetooth issue at this point. Oh yeah, no replacement window motor in stock but no biggie as I'll be spending some time next week at the service department working on the other stuff. The electronics failures appear to be both hardware and software related. I'm disappointed that the car was delivered with a known service bulletin on the screen replacement. And it appears that the software suite (although nifty and slick) is not quite debugged. I do understand that this level of technology is evolving and requires updates regularly but my rear speakers indicate we are not heading the right direction. In closing I will say I love the car and way it drives. I would have waited 6 months to buy it while it was refined had I known about these issues ahead of time. I would absolutely recommend this car but only later this year when it is a bit more debugged and the dealerships have enough spare parts to solve any problems the new owners might experience. If you do choose to buy...before signing that check go straight to the service department and verify all software updates are installed and if there are bulletins of known problems that could be addressed before you pull off the lot. Happy shopping finding your dream car!"

If you have to buy one car...

By on Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Pros: "Price, Acceleration, Build Quality, Sophistication"

Cons: "Infotainment/CarPlay is full of bugs, LaneWatch"

"This is a fantastic car. I stepped down from a mid-sized VW Passat after the lease ended. I test drove many cars (Passat, Golf, Camry, Accord, Fusion, Mazdas 3 and 6, Impreza and Legacy) but didnt see the need to spend more money on a marginally larger, but thousands pricier option, and the other compacts didnt compare (other than the Golf, which also feels like a more expensive car, but the resale and reliability of the Golf tipped the scales in the Civics favour). Ive owned/leased several cars and decided to finally buy and this is the wisest option in the mid-sized and compact market. It feels much more substantial than the price and previous Hondas Ive driven. Ive owned Toyotas, Hondas, Hyundais, Subarus, and Volkswagens and this is the best mix of quality, driving dynamics, performance and value of any car Ive called my own. There are a couple of negatives. The infotainment/CarPlay integration is slow, unreliable and buggy. A lot of it seems to be the CarPlay app itself, because it gets better/worse with iOS updates, but the Honda SmartLink system is slow to respond and could be better. Not the worst Ive used, but not the best. Also, the LaneWatch feature is more annoying than useful. It takes up the screen that you often want to use for other things too often...especially sitting at a light with your right turn signal on. You can turn it off, but it would be nice to have an option to default to disabled until you WANT it (lane changes). If you have to buy one car, make this the one."

Best car I have ever driven

By on Friday, March 17, 2017

Pros: "Comfortable, Powerful, Reliable, Fuel Efficient."

Cons: "A little hard to get into, since it is low."

"This car drives like an Expensive sports car. It has plenty of power. It is very fuel efficient. It is very comfortable. It has a lot of safety features. It is extremely reliable, and inexpensive to maintain."