2012 Honda Civic

Based on 287 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Amazing Car!

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, stick shift, great 40.0+ MPG"

Cons: "Random Rattle in rear when going over bumps"

"This car is absolutely amazing! EPA estimates MPG at 36.0 highway and I am getting 40+ combined! I have a manual transmission and it is so much fun to drive. Quiet ride, smooth corning and traction. Rearview camera is a plus, and the eco-boost is great plus the car still has power with it on. I highly recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a new one!"

Love this car.

By on Sunday, May 27, 2012

"I bought this car out of state and drove it home to Ohio , a 400 mile trip. Th e car peformed well and I did not experience any road noise. Average 42.6 mpg and that was through a number of towns where the speed limit flucuatedn between 45 and 55. Fun to drive and a great experience so far."

The most reliable economy car option!

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "Fuel economy, handling, and above all, reliability"

Cons: "Average acceleration and braking, interiors."

"I purchased a Honda Civic 2012 after a lot of research. True, the car now has a lot of competitors in the market, but the reliability factor of Honda can not be beaten. Elantra and Focus are touch matches, but one cannot outline the fact that 5 years and 100,000 miles down the road, it is the Honda Civic that is going to come on tops. The handling is fantastic, and the steering very responsive. Turning radius is amazingly low, and driving the car is as smooth as it gets for the cars in the economy segment. Acceleration is on the slower side, not that it should matter a lot. The mileage adds to the pros column, and the new design is way better than the previous generation. The only complaint is that the interior design could have been a little better and the power in the engine a little more. Apart from that, it is a winner!"

Don't know what the "experts are talking about"

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Good interior space, refined driving experience"

Cons: "no lumbar support"

"I don't know why the experts rated this car so poorly. As far as styling, I guess it's a matter of taste but I like it and find its interior to be very functional and roomy. Being a person of tall sitting height, I appreciate having the speedometer placed above the steering wheel. It has nicely refined, sure handling though it can be a little squishy when cornering hard. Some slighlty bigger sway bars may have helped in this area. It has plenty of power but you may need to downshift in order to get good acceleration for on-ramps and for passing. The transmission is obviously programmed to shift for gas mileage not performance. I would have opted for the manual transmission had I not have back issues that make using a clutch difficult. With conservative driving I am getting about 35mpg for mostly city but some highway driving. On long trips, I can get around 42 mpg on flat terrain with no cross or head wind. I don't understand why people are complaining about road noise; the car seems very quiet to me. My only significant complaint about this car is the lack of lumbar support. which may be only an issue for people like me with back problems because otherwise the seats are fairly comfortable. If this car had seats like the Chevy Cruze it would be absolutely perfect."

I had no idea a small car could be so good.

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "Gas Mileage, steering, interior room, smooth"

Cons: "Road noise"

"I have been a Cadillac driver for years. The Civic steers better, corners better and brakes better. Road noise is higher than the Caddy, but that is expected. I just love this car and do not plan to purchase a luxury car again. I think I am hooked on this Civic."