2012 Honda Civic

Based on 302 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

2012 much improved over last model

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage, peppy feel, much improved"

Cons: "moderate road noise"

"I owned a 2010 civic and loved it. What I didn't like about the 2010 was addressed in the 2012.... better gas mileage (I get 42 hywy), the rear seat ( 3 inches) and the noise and comfort level. (much better now). But other reviewers ... even the pros, rated it lower. Even consumer reports took it off their recommended list. I don't get it. Yes the design is not for everyone and they use hard plastic instead of soft ... but hard plastic will never crack in the sun and I never need to armour all it!. It's also improved in the safety area getting high marks for a small car. six air bags. So shoot me if I rate this higher because of all the improvements, but a hard dash does not negate all those improvements."

HAS EVERYTHING BEING LIKE A LUXURY CAR

By on Thursday, April 3, 2014

Pros: "Ride, gas mileage, controls, audio, blind spot"

Cons: "uncomfortable at times"

"Love my EX Civic on everything being like a top of the line vehicle. Its great in a smoother ride includes a new CVT transmission that isn't bad at all. Controls are excellent from having HONDALINK, blue tooth, Pandora, SXM, rear backup cam, heated seats, quiet drive and available eco mode that is best on giving a nicer ride to the car. The engine very powerful wish was available in a V6 but the 4 cylinder is awesome on performance of sports car instead economical car. The Civic with EX package came with blind spot monitoring, love the digital readouts on HVAC system and audio system while everything electronic is above the dashboard center. This car is roomier and is cream of the crop love the better resale value has its a excellent vehicle for the blue book price its looks more sportier but mostly luxury on the options included for EX package I have bought on this car. Its a really handsome compact car ever had even love the refreshed styling and better upgrades Honda gave the Civic on making it earn a better price and having a perfect resale value."

Wise choice for my money.

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pros: "Great gas, great price"

Cons: "Reduced compartment space compared to older models"

"I've had my Civic EX for a little over 9 months. Body style is an eye catcher. I spent a little over 21k and I think I paid a fair price. I only spend about $40 to fill my tank. I do wish Honda didn't take away all the compartment space compared to their older models. Overall comfortable, spacious, and super gas efficient. I would only put on the 'Econ' button on the highway, otherwise you are not utilizing it properly."

Love the EX-LSedan

By on Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage and electronics"

"We bought this car in June of 2011. We have driven from California to Boston and are sure we purchased the right car. The gas mileage was so good that at one point we were getting 52 MPG, unbelievable but true. We were very comfortartable no back or neck aches. The GPS/ dash integration made it so easy to find our way around. The Bluetooth made it easy to use Pandara and our iPhones. I didn't notice a noise problem, and it has a nice function that allows the radio to increase and decrease with speed. We hit a snow storm and the traction function along with the front wheel drive made it through easily. The mirror and seat warmers sure made it cozy. I can't think of one complaint about the car."

2012 Honda Civic EX

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage, refined feel, feels larger"

Cons: "great gas mileage, cheap plastic interior"

"Overall, I love this car. I guess coming from driving a '97 Saturn SL2, that's not saying very much, however, I find the criticism of too much road noise and lack of smoothness to be unfounded. For a small car, the Civic drives more like a larger refined automobile. Steering is smooth, pedal feel is excellent, braking is easily modulated, suspension is on the soft side and acceleration is adequate. Although the interior is made up of mostly hard plastic, the fit and finish is excellent. In this time of rising gas prices, the biggest selling point of the civic - GREAT GAS MILEAGE! For me, it ranged from 31 to 40 MPG."