2012 Honda Civic

Based on 302 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Don't know what the "experts are talking about"

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Good interior space, refined driving experience"

Cons: "no lumbar support"

"I don't know why the experts rated this car so poorly. As far as styling, I guess it's a matter of taste but I like it and find its interior to be very functional and roomy. Being a person of tall sitting height, I appreciate having the speedometer placed above the steering wheel. It has nicely refined, sure handling though it can be a little squishy when cornering hard. Some slighlty bigger sway bars may have helped in this area. It has plenty of power but you may need to downshift in order to get good acceleration for on-ramps and for passing. The transmission is obviously programmed to shift for gas mileage not performance. I would have opted for the manual transmission had I not have back issues that make using a clutch difficult. With conservative driving I am getting about 35mpg for mostly city but some highway driving. On long trips, I can get around 42 mpg on flat terrain with no cross or head wind. I don't understand why people are complaining about road noise; the car seems very quiet to me. My only significant complaint about this car is the lack of lumbar support. which may be only an issue for people like me with back problems because otherwise the seats are fairly comfortable. If this car had seats like the Chevy Cruze it would be absolutely perfect."

I had no idea a small car could be so good.

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "Gas Mileage, steering, interior room, smooth"

Cons: "Road noise"

"I have been a Cadillac driver for years. The Civic steers better, corners better and brakes better. Road noise is higher than the Caddy, but that is expected. I just love this car and do not plan to purchase a luxury car again. I think I am hooked on this Civic."

The 2013 Civic EX Sedan is a Winner

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "design, handling, charm, reliability"

Cons: "needed add on's for the ex model, accelaration mpg"

"This review is for the 2013 model. Designers brought back Honda fans', myself included, love of superior detail, the convenience of peppy agility, and good gas mileage. The 2013 Civic is fun to drive and charming. Turns are made on a dime. Although the car doesn't boast impressive numbers for horsepower, the car actually feels fast because of it's compact size and precise handling. The detailed interior and convenient controls, comfort of the seat, and perfectly-sized steering wheel make the driver trust that the car is there to serve him or her--not the other way around. The interesting color combinations, including dash displays, are easy on the eyes. All of these positive qualities converge to make the Civic feel extremely reliable and worth holding onto. This is exactly what I wanted when I considered purchasing a Honda. There are some opportunities with the Civic, but they are minor. The Ex sedan should have come with splash guards, side molding, and fog lamps. I had to make some extra purchases which brought the price up and reminded me that Honda's are a bit pricey. Also, the Ex should have keyless entry and start. The Bluetooth worked with my older android phone, but then stopped. I spent a couple of hours trying to work this out, but was unsuccessful. The gas mileage estimates are accurate, but I have had to accelerate much slower than expected to achieve the awesome gas mileage. Everything taken together, I would highly recommend this car to people of all ages."

The most reliable economy car option!

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "Fuel economy, handling, and above all, reliability"

Cons: "Average acceleration and braking, interiors."

"I purchased a Honda Civic 2012 after a lot of research. True, the car now has a lot of competitors in the market, but the reliability factor of Honda can not be beaten. Elantra and Focus are touch matches, but one cannot outline the fact that 5 years and 100,000 miles down the road, it is the Honda Civic that is going to come on tops. The handling is fantastic, and the steering very responsive. Turning radius is amazingly low, and driving the car is as smooth as it gets for the cars in the economy segment. Acceleration is on the slower side, not that it should matter a lot. The mileage adds to the pros column, and the new design is way better than the previous generation. The only complaint is that the interior design could have been a little better and the power in the engine a little more. Apart from that, it is a winner!"

FINALLY

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, great all around car"

Cons: "not so great sound system on the base model"

"Just traded in my upgraded 2008 vw jetta and decided to go with the 2013 base model honda civic. Not only were the staff at the honda dealership friendly and professional this car is simply amazing. Ive only had this car for a few days but it is such a nice car to drive and so comfortable. If your in the market for a new car make sure you take the time to test drive this one! :)"