2012 Honda Civic

Based on 303 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Very good mileage, exceptional reliability

By on Monday, August 29, 2016

Pros: "high gas mileage, GPS navigation, stylish,"

Cons: "no keyless entry"

Looks like I just drove it off the lot!

"This is the third Honda Civic Hybrid I've owned and the only reason I'm selling it is because I'm going electric! This car has given me 40+ mpg, saving me lots of money on gas. I use the navigation feature so much I can't imagine not having it. The Honda Civic Hybrid is the most stylish car in the category for the money and is a winner whether you're a college student, working executive, or just tooling around town. The only work I've had done is regular maintenance--oil/filter changes, transmission fluid replacement, and brake fluid exchange. I put on new tires too. I will miss my Hybrid. Wish it came in an electric version! Let me know if you're interested in being the next owner!"

Looks like I just drove it off the lot!

By on Thursday, December 22, 2016

Pros: "Hands Free, Rear-View Camera, Visibility, MPG"

Cons: "Re-View Camera, Sound System, Qi Charger"

"Over all this car is very functional. Nothing feels out of place, or lavish, or sporty. It's a very vanilla car that does well on all the basics. That is exactly what I wanted. It has enough power to get up-to speed. Granted it's not a Porsche 0-60 3seconds fast but that's not what this car was marketed for. You can get up-to 70Mph with reasonable time. The cargo space works well for groceries, and reasonably large items, like coolers, cases of water, totes etc. The Civics handling is very responsive, and you definitely feel confident maneuvering about in traffic. The hand's free bluetooth works well with my phones (Android-LGV10, Windows-Lumia 1520, Iphone 6). I mainly stream music from Pandora or SoundCloud. The visibility is great. Nothing feels restrictive when checking your blind spot, or backing out of a parking spot. The review camera is handy, but could be improved. Really the only complaints I have are few. I hit my knee on the dash while getting into the car sometimes. Could design the headrest to not be so far forward. Wind blows this car around fairly easily. Road noise can be heard, but not obnoxious amounts of noise. The rear-view camera picture quality is bad, that or the display it uses is bad, and using the camera a night is where it's weakest point lays. Now my Iphone also will auto-connect to the Civics hands free system and will auto play Pandora without my permission. The standard sound system also favors Highs & Mid sounds and on some songs the highs can become very harsh and undesirable. Over all it's a great car. Even though I bash on the camera, it still functions as it should. The sound system feels empty without bass, but is still very clear audio. MPG is great, I average about 33.7MPG. I feel this is a very reliable car, that is very middle of the road with good gas mileage. It's not fast like a super car, its not plush like a luxury car, its not a truck with tons of cargo space, and its not a hybrid so don't expect 50+ MPG. Just know its performs well enough in all this aria's mentioned. It's such a popular car, parts are easy to come by, and tons of options to upgrade. Hope this helps!"

ALL AROUND GREAT VEHICLE EFFICIENT AND FUN!

By on Saturday, March 8, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, efficient, good looks"

Cons: "no euro type r version availible"

"Had mazdas for a number of years, this was the best purchase i've made for a vehicle in terms of value. Great performance - mixed with efficiency, not the fastest car ever but it keeps it fun to drive and have had absolutely zero issues so far. Between this car and my work vehicles i drive over 70k a year, wish my employer would buy me one of these for over the road sales!"

Amazing Car!

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, stick shift, great 40.0+ MPG"

Cons: "Random Rattle in rear when going over bumps"

"This car is absolutely amazing! EPA estimates MPG at 36.0 highway and I am getting 40+ combined! I have a manual transmission and it is so much fun to drive. Quiet ride, smooth corning and traction. Rearview camera is a plus, and the eco-boost is great plus the car still has power with it on. I highly recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a new one!"

Love this car.

By on Sunday, May 27, 2012

"I bought this car out of state and drove it home to Ohio , a 400 mile trip. Th e car peformed well and I did not experience any road noise. Average 42.6 mpg and that was through a number of towns where the speed limit flucuatedn between 45 and 55. Fun to drive and a great experience so far."

Don't know what the "experts are talking about"

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Good interior space, refined driving experience"

Cons: "no lumbar support"

"I don't know why the experts rated this car so poorly. As far as styling, I guess it's a matter of taste but I like it and find its interior to be very functional and roomy. Being a person of tall sitting height, I appreciate having the speedometer placed above the steering wheel. It has nicely refined, sure handling though it can be a little squishy when cornering hard. Some slighlty bigger sway bars may have helped in this area. It has plenty of power but you may need to downshift in order to get good acceleration for on-ramps and for passing. The transmission is obviously programmed to shift for gas mileage not performance. I would have opted for the manual transmission had I not have back issues that make using a clutch difficult. With conservative driving I am getting about 35mpg for mostly city but some highway driving. On long trips, I can get around 42 mpg on flat terrain with no cross or head wind. I don't understand why people are complaining about road noise; the car seems very quiet to me. My only significant complaint about this car is the lack of lumbar support. which may be only an issue for people like me with back problems because otherwise the seats are fairly comfortable. If this car had seats like the Chevy Cruze it would be absolutely perfect."

I had no idea a small car could be so good.

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "Gas Mileage, steering, interior room, smooth"

Cons: "Road noise"

"I have been a Cadillac driver for years. The Civic steers better, corners better and brakes better. Road noise is higher than the Caddy, but that is expected. I just love this car and do not plan to purchase a luxury car again. I think I am hooked on this Civic."

The 2013 Civic EX Sedan is a Winner

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "design, handling, charm, reliability"

Cons: "needed add on's for the ex model, accelaration mpg"

"This review is for the 2013 model. Designers brought back Honda fans', myself included, love of superior detail, the convenience of peppy agility, and good gas mileage. The 2013 Civic is fun to drive and charming. Turns are made on a dime. Although the car doesn't boast impressive numbers for horsepower, the car actually feels fast because of it's compact size and precise handling. The detailed interior and convenient controls, comfort of the seat, and perfectly-sized steering wheel make the driver trust that the car is there to serve him or her--not the other way around. The interesting color combinations, including dash displays, are easy on the eyes. All of these positive qualities converge to make the Civic feel extremely reliable and worth holding onto. This is exactly what I wanted when I considered purchasing a Honda. There are some opportunities with the Civic, but they are minor. The Ex sedan should have come with splash guards, side molding, and fog lamps. I had to make some extra purchases which brought the price up and reminded me that Honda's are a bit pricey. Also, the Ex should have keyless entry and start. The Bluetooth worked with my older android phone, but then stopped. I spent a couple of hours trying to work this out, but was unsuccessful. The gas mileage estimates are accurate, but I have had to accelerate much slower than expected to achieve the awesome gas mileage. Everything taken together, I would highly recommend this car to people of all ages."

The most reliable economy car option!

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "Fuel economy, handling, and above all, reliability"

Cons: "Average acceleration and braking, interiors."

"I purchased a Honda Civic 2012 after a lot of research. True, the car now has a lot of competitors in the market, but the reliability factor of Honda can not be beaten. Elantra and Focus are touch matches, but one cannot outline the fact that 5 years and 100,000 miles down the road, it is the Honda Civic that is going to come on tops. The handling is fantastic, and the steering very responsive. Turning radius is amazingly low, and driving the car is as smooth as it gets for the cars in the economy segment. Acceleration is on the slower side, not that it should matter a lot. The mileage adds to the pros column, and the new design is way better than the previous generation. The only complaint is that the interior design could have been a little better and the power in the engine a little more. Apart from that, it is a winner!"

FINALLY

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, great all around car"

Cons: "not so great sound system on the base model"

"Just traded in my upgraded 2008 vw jetta and decided to go with the 2013 base model honda civic. Not only were the staff at the honda dealership friendly and professional this car is simply amazing. Ive only had this car for a few days but it is such a nice car to drive and so comfortable. If your in the market for a new car make sure you take the time to test drive this one! :)"

2012 much improved over last model

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage, peppy feel, much improved"

Cons: "moderate road noise"

"I owned a 2010 civic and loved it. What I didn't like about the 2010 was addressed in the 2012.... better gas mileage (I get 42 hywy), the rear seat ( 3 inches) and the noise and comfort level. (much better now). But other reviewers ... even the pros, rated it lower. Even consumer reports took it off their recommended list. I don't get it. Yes the design is not for everyone and they use hard plastic instead of soft ... but hard plastic will never crack in the sun and I never need to armour all it!. It's also improved in the safety area getting high marks for a small car. six air bags. So shoot me if I rate this higher because of all the improvements, but a hard dash does not negate all those improvements."

HAS EVERYTHING BEING LIKE A LUXURY CAR

By on Thursday, April 3, 2014

Pros: "Ride, gas mileage, controls, audio, blind spot"

Cons: "uncomfortable at times"

"Love my EX Civic on everything being like a top of the line vehicle. Its great in a smoother ride includes a new CVT transmission that isn't bad at all. Controls are excellent from having HONDALINK, blue tooth, Pandora, SXM, rear backup cam, heated seats, quiet drive and available eco mode that is best on giving a nicer ride to the car. The engine very powerful wish was available in a V6 but the 4 cylinder is awesome on performance of sports car instead economical car. The Civic with EX package came with blind spot monitoring, love the digital readouts on HVAC system and audio system while everything electronic is above the dashboard center. This car is roomier and is cream of the crop love the better resale value has its a excellent vehicle for the blue book price its looks more sportier but mostly luxury on the options included for EX package I have bought on this car. Its a really handsome compact car ever had even love the refreshed styling and better upgrades Honda gave the Civic on making it earn a better price and having a perfect resale value."

Wise choice for my money.

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pros: "Great gas, great price"

Cons: "Reduced compartment space compared to older models"

"I've had my Civic EX for a little over 9 months. Body style is an eye catcher. I spent a little over 21k and I think I paid a fair price. I only spend about $40 to fill my tank. I do wish Honda didn't take away all the compartment space compared to their older models. Overall comfortable, spacious, and super gas efficient. I would only put on the 'Econ' button on the highway, otherwise you are not utilizing it properly."

Love the EX-LSedan

By on Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage and electronics"

"We bought this car in June of 2011. We have driven from California to Boston and are sure we purchased the right car. The gas mileage was so good that at one point we were getting 52 MPG, unbelievable but true. We were very comfortartable no back or neck aches. The GPS/ dash integration made it so easy to find our way around. The Bluetooth made it easy to use Pandara and our iPhones. I didn't notice a noise problem, and it has a nice function that allows the radio to increase and decrease with speed. We hit a snow storm and the traction function along with the front wheel drive made it through easily. The mirror and seat warmers sure made it cozy. I can't think of one complaint about the car."

2012 Honda Civic EX

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage, refined feel, feels larger"

Cons: "great gas mileage, cheap plastic interior"

"Overall, I love this car. I guess coming from driving a '97 Saturn SL2, that's not saying very much, however, I find the criticism of too much road noise and lack of smoothness to be unfounded. For a small car, the Civic drives more like a larger refined automobile. Steering is smooth, pedal feel is excellent, braking is easily modulated, suspension is on the soft side and acceleration is adequate. Although the interior is made up of mostly hard plastic, the fit and finish is excellent. In this time of rising gas prices, the biggest selling point of the civic - GREAT GAS MILEAGE! For me, it ranged from 31 to 40 MPG."

SMOOTH LIKE BUTTER

By on Friday, August 21, 2015

Pros: "Smoothest Ride Ever"

Cons: "what cons?"

"This car is SMOOTH to drive! There is no road noise. Drives like a luxury car. Instrument panel is lit up blue, modern like a spaceship with a digital speedometer--keeps my eye on the road, and oh-so-modern! I will never get stopped for speeding, the speedometer tells me EXACTLY my speed without looking down at an analog dial. This car senses every move, and responds perfectly. One mistake and a light or sound goes on to warn you. The car is intuitive. Engineered amazingly. Just can't believe it--you will be thrilled beyond belief."

Great mileage, low maintenance, fun to drive

By on Sunday, February 12, 2017

Pros: "Great mileage, low maintenance, fun to drive, 10++"

Cons: "Would prefer a V6, but again it is an economic car"

"On Puerto Rico, yes, I drive approximately 50-70 miles per day. It is unbelievable, all I have done regarding maintenance (following maintenance book of course) is change oil/filter, wipers, cabin filter, replace coolant, brake pads, tires and battery. Im 6 4, weight approx 260 lbs and I fit comfortably! I get 36-39 miles per gallon driving around 65 mph. Dont know why Consumer Reports complains about this vehicle. Seems that they have not tested fully. As another reviewer said, if the cabin gets noisy, turn on the radio! Overall, its a great vehicle!"

Nice economy

By on Thursday, January 1, 2015

Pros: "Excellent gas mileage."

"Excellent mileage. Excellent reliability. Zippy enough. Kind of hard on the backside on long drives."

Okay, but 2013+ is ALOT better

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "Great gas millage, okay to drive, reliable, cheap"

Cons: "Design is meh, cheap interior"

"I got this car after I got in a accident with my 2005 Honda Civic. Sadly, since I was only a high school student I couldn't afford to take on the whole price and my mother helped me out paying most of it. She choose white with a beige interior which I HATE..But it was alot faster than my 05 civic and was more gas efficient with that awesome econ button. All in all, if you need a reliable newish car and you cant go all the way for the $20,000 new 2013 civic, the 2012 civic will still do wonders."

I love my civic. ignore consumer reports!

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "great great great on gas"

Cons: "bumpy"

"I drive 50-70 miles per day. I love my civic. I'm 6' 4" 250 and I fit comfortably! I get 36-39 miles per gallon. Consumer reports spent quite awhile complaining about this vehicle. Ignore it. Is the cabin noisy... yes, so turn on the radio! It's a great vehicle and it's a honda! 80% built in the states. 5"

2012 Honda Civic LX

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pros: "reliable, fuel efficient, nice looking, good price"

Cons: "still noisy inside"

"This is my 3rd Civic and I love it. Frustrated with Consumer Reports panning it so badly. This is a solid vehicle. Just because CR doesn't like the interior doesn't mean you don't recommend the car, it is still incredibly reliable. I lost a lot of respect for CR after that. I bought this car new and my last 2001 Civic has 330k miles on it. These are arguably some of the best cars made in the world today. They are not luxury vehicles, but perfect commuter vehicles."

It's a civic

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "Price, confort, excellent driving"

Cons: "Some interior materials, poor side visibility"

"This is my 5th civic 1989,1992,2000, 2004 and now the 2012 and i can say for sure; this is getting better! I felt a little down when i heard that there are comming changes for 2013 version and i confess that some times i feel a little desappointed whith the aparent quality of some interior materials or maybe the fact that Honda could put some gadgets, but when i think about all the process i did while deciding which car to buy, i tested 6 cars and NO ONE felt like the civic some has more gadgets, some apparently better interior some even less expensive but non like the civic. And lets be honest this I-MID rocks. It feels confortable to drive, the sterring is the best i have ever handle, every single botton is in the correct place, and when you hit the gas the engine makes a refine sound i really like it. My civic is the LX automatic version has just reach 3000 mls and so far so good."

Better than my 2012!

By on Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Pros: "Cost less than my 2012!"

Cons: "Build quality & rear brake noise issues."

"BIG improvement from my 2012 Civic. Build quality still needs improving (plant issues?), rear brakes still clunk when reversing (Honda trait on Accords too), but overall I am happy with the redesign. Replaced the OEM tires with a different brand & have better ride/handling & warranty now. Interior materials look much improved also. This is my 9th Civic."

Loveee this car!

By on Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pros: "gass miliage, great sound system. looks,"

Cons: "cheap interior"

"I just bought this car yesterday used with only 5000 miles on it but still with plastic dealer matts in the floor board. I traded my 2006 honda civic in with 100k miles on it and had no issues. I like this design a lot better and I also like the way this car handles and drives, its deff been refined and "remade" all though they kept some of the same looks as the previous model. It drives better and handles better and also love the added info screen thats very large and bright beautiful screen. You can also upload pictures and wall papers to this new screen also. Even though honda is lacking in features that new cars are having like the all new focus and the elantra i still love my new 2012 civic because I know when they are up in miles my honda will still be going strong. After I would much rather drive something thats gonna last longer than drive something for its features!"

Good dependable car

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "I averaged 33 mpg"

Cons: "Road noise"

"The civic is a good and dependable car, especially if maintenance is kept up. Just like other cars in this category, lots of road noise."