2011 Honda Civic

Based on 1917 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Gets great gas mileage

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Great Gas Mileage and handling. Nav system is easy"

Cons: "Lacks power when A/C is on. Takes to long to cool"

"The Honda Civic Hybrid is a nice car. It gets great gas mileage and handles well. I like everything about this car except the lack of power when the A/C is running and it takes awhile to cool down."

Very reliable

By on Sunday, December 25, 2011

Pros: "reliable, not a lot of road noise, good gas mileag"

Cons: "Hard to get used to the dash set-up"

"I bought this car new three and a half years ago. So far (at 132,000 miles), I have had no problems. It seemed to be a little pricey in comparison to other cars I looked at, but I am definitely glad I made the decision to purchase it. It is not the most beautiful car on the road, or the fastest, but at 35 miles per gallon on gas, it does not matter.I am very satisfied with my Civic."

My K20

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

"I love everything about my SI its my 2nd one"

not the greatest

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive!"

Cons: "not front leg room, problematic"

"I've driven manual Hondas and Toyotas my entire life. Starting from 95, all the way till this car. A few notes to perspective owners of this car: First off, the 06 and 07 had transmission issues, particularly 2nd and 3rd gear shifting. This was the case I experienced. It was frustrating because when I tried to get the issue fixed under warranty, I had to "prove beyond doubt" that I was having the issue and Honda had to see/feel it happen in order to fix it. They attempted 3 times, and still, the issue isn't completely resolved... I'm over it. Additionally, the windshied wiper motor started acting intermitten, air bag sensors have gone bad twice, and Honda's customer service has been tolerable at best when dealing with any problem."

Excellent car with minor drawbacks

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "Gas mileage, looks, roomy for a compact car"

Cons: "Noisy @ hwy speeds, uncomfortable on long trips"

"I've owned my 2006 Civic EX sedan for about 7 months now, and it's been great. I've already put about 14,000 miles on it and haven't had a single issue. I expect nothing less from a company like Honda. I consistently get 30mpg in town and 36mpg on the highway. It's extremely roomy for a compact car. They did a great job in the design of it to make it feel roomy up front and to utilize the space they had to work with. I'm 5'11" and I can sit in the back seat with the front seat all the way back and sit fairly comfortably. We've driven to Ohio from SC several times with our 2 year old and have had plenty of room for that. The interior design is very futuristic looking and is one of the things that sold me on the car. The exterior is also very sleek, especially with the alloy rims and spoiler. My two complaints would be overall comfort on long trips and road noise. It's not the best travel car when it comes to comfort. I definitely prefer traveling in our Jeep Grand Cherokee (except for the gas mileage). It also gets noisy at highway speeds. Things like wind noise, tires, etc. I used to have a Honda CR-V and it was the same way. Other than these two minor things, I have no complaints. Since I mainly drive this 8 miles a day to work and back the two complaints I mentioned don't really affect me much. It's just when I'm traveling in it that those things bother me. Anyway, it is an overall excellent car and I would recommend to it anyone looking for a good looking, economical and fun car."

I love my civic!

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "75k miles, only ever needed to change oil!"

Cons: "driver's side blind spot"

"The only "con" I've had to get used to - there is a blind spot on the driver's side front. Was in an accident recently (I was not at fault) and the airbags worked perfectly, damage to the car was extensive but my 9 month old and I were unharmed. I couldn't be more pleased with the safety performance. Already shopping for another Civic!"

My Fourth Honda and the Best One Yet!

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Controls at your fingertips, great mileage."

Cons: "No inside release for back seat."

It's still so pretty! I call it "my little escape pod."

"I was sad when that mean old SUV murdered my 91 Civic hatchback. It was September 2005 and I had seen the redesigned 2006 Civic coupe, but they weren't delivered anywhere. I scoured all of North Texas looking for one, and the first week of October one of the dealerships had a sister dealer in Michigan that had one. They shipped it down, and I paid full sticker for it, but I don't regret it one bit! I didn't know it was "import car of the year." I just knew it was a Honda and I've never had a complaint. Still, people stared at the car, asked me all kinds of questions. It was the first one they had seen in person and I was pretty special for a few months. But the car is awesome! The features, even with them being manual, still allow you to customize the feel as you sit. Hondas have always been more comfortable than an comparable cars. You're not hunched over the wheel--more low with your legs comfortably outstretched. Even with an automatic, the gas mileage is beyond what you would expect. I drove it cross country a couple of times and had several stretches of long highway where I got 40MPG. The ride is quieter than similar vehicles. Not like a Mercedes, of course, but it doesn't rattle and roar. You can have a conversation. If I had my arm twisted as was forced to find some negatives I have two... but they aren't that bad. 1. The CD player gets really hot. On long trips it has actually gotten too hot to play the discs without freezing and errors. 2. There's no way to fold down the rear seat for trunk access from inside the car. Only from inside the trunk. This only bothers me because I'm short and after pulling the release in the trunk my arms are too short to push down the seat. Beyond that, as a small person, the controls are still perfect. Without taking my hands off the wheel I can activate lights, turn signals, and cruise control. The controls aren't stiff like like this Dodge rental I had recently. I hand move my whole hand and jam the turn signal. In my Honda, just extend my fingers and nudge it. A place for everything and everything in its place, this car is a work of art for the common man... er... woman."

It's still so pretty! I call it "my little escape pod."

Very nice small car

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Driving feel, GPS nav, reliability"

Cons: "Slightly noisy inside, engine could use more power"

"Very nice small car. The Honda navigation system is almost perfect, the best I've ever used in any type of car. The driving and handling is superb for a small car, not mushy or sluggish like econoboxes, but not harsh or twitchy as if it is trying to pretend to be a sports car. The rear folding seats are worth their weight in gold. Overall this car was designed and executed very well. I could live with this car as my only vehicle if necessary, even with a family of 4. It's fun to drive, easy to park, gets good gas mileage, and has been as reliable as any car I've ever owned. The only reliability gripe was a wheel bearing that went out just after the powertrain warranty expired, and that cost over $500 out of my pocket to fix. Otherwise it hasn't required any maintenance other than the usual servicing every car needs. The newest civic (2011) has apparently had its suspension softened dramatically, making the newest civics mushy to drive. Before buying a civic, test drive a new one and a slightly used 2005-2010 civic to see which one you like better. If price is an issue, get a used one so you can afford the navigation system because it has saved us hours of hassles several times."

Great value! resale leader, Honda reliability

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Great styling, gas mileage,reliability, value."

Cons: "Could have more standard convenience features."

"I love this car. The only things that I miss that are standard on my wife's more expensive EX-L are the remote trunk release, 60-40 split vs. 1 piece fold down rear seat back, and the upgraded audio system. The rest of the items, (I.E. leather, sunroof, heated seats, alloy wheels), were not that important to me."

My little blue Civic

By on Monday, November 7, 2011

Pros: "gas milage, sleek look, cheap for maitness"

Cons: "acceleration, driving in rain/winter"

"This car is AMAZING on gas! I can drive from KC to Dallas on a tank and a forth. I have a little 2 door 4-cylinder so it gets around. As far as maitness the visor broke and that was expensive to fix, from what I hear that is a common problem. The shockes from Honda are flawed. I had them replaced and I have to now take my car back to the shop for them to repair the faulty equipment they put in. Pain in the back espically since I bought the parts directly from honda. Also, the sound quality is horrible. I had a better sound quality in my factory 98 Pontiac. Besides that, this car is a dream. I bought it with 43,000 miles on it and the only things I've had to do is maitness, (besides the visor). The only bad thing I can think about it is it's not a very good winter/ rain car. It is really light so even with good tires it slides around more than I'd like. Over all it's a great car as far as releyability!"

Honda civic is good but not great

By on Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pros: "price, comfortable ride, gas mileage"

Cons: "sun visor cracks, engine gasket recall, alignment"

"I own a 2008 LX. Honda quality is not what I expected: 1.) Sun visor cracks each year in the heat and must be replaced. 2.) Recall notice on engine gasket that could fail and destroy it. 3.) Wheels not aligned properly from the factory ruined the original factory tires. Dealer would not replace the tires even though it was under warrenty."

Love it

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pros: "Great great"

Cons: "to low hard to get in it."

"I love my car but I am afraid i must part with it. The only down fall with my car is it is so low to the ground It is so hard to get in and out of when you have bad knees or on oxygen and can not lift your self out So I must get something a little taller."

Cute

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2011

"My problem with this car is the noise level and rough ride over bumps. I drove an '99 accord previously and looked forward to the sportier, smaller ride. I never expected such huge differences in the civic"

So far so good.

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pros: "Great gas mileage, reliability, awesome cup holders!"

Cons: "Uncomfortable seats on long drives, annoying doors that won't stay open."

"I bought my first Honda new in September of 2009. I've had it for a little over 2 years and so far it's been very reliable. Gas mileage is impeccable. I commute 42 miles round trip to work and it's about half 55mph zone and half expressway. I drive 60mph as often as possible on the expressway to maximize fuel efficiency, so I tend to average 37-38mpg during warm months and about 33mpg during the cold months. The overall reliability of the vehicle has been great thus far. Except for a couple gas cap msgs from the dash from overfilling the tank, and tire pressure msgs when it starts to get cold out, I've had 0 troubles with it. But I've been religious with the maintenance too. As for the Value rating, I feel I've paid for reliability. Because I didn't get a whole lot for what I'm paying for compared to other makes in it's class. But I didn't deal very hard either. As for my Quality rating, I think some of the materials leave a lot to be desired. I don't like the pleather on the doors just below the windows. Part of it wore off some from me putting my elbow out the window. Annoying, as I like to do that, but now I don't because it'll look bad if it's all wore out there but still nice around that area. But again, I'm coughing it up to paying for reliability, which has been great so far. As for Driving Dynamics, it drives like a 4 cylinder, but is a little smoother riding than some cars like it. My only complaint would be that sometimes it jerks forward sometimes when I need to take off fast, but it's not frequent. I don't need a fast car, nor one to go 0-60 in 6 seconds, so it's adequate for what I use it for. As for the Interior and Exterior, they're adequate. I'm a practical person, so I'm more about function than aesthetics. The car looks good, does it's job, and has plenty of storage for me. I wish the visors exended though. They don't span the whole window and I always happen to need it when the sun hits that spot just right. I love the cup holders though. Not the cheap rubber flaps here to hold the cup. NO they have a generous sized hold with retracting plastic teeth that will accomodate very large water bottles. And they hold them in well too. I like how the fans for AC have so many speed levels, so I can blast it when I'm cooking in the sun, or I can have it barely pushing out air when I just want a little bit. As for the exterior, so far my only complaint is the doors absolutely will NOT stay open. They're always shutting on me! The dip that holds them open isn't nearly deep enough to hold the weight of the door so on even a miniscule incline, the doors close. A slight breeze blows them close on me too. I love the design of the windshield wipers though. How they cross over each other and wipe outward as opposed to both going in one direction. My only complaint with them is there's only one intermittent speed. And when you want to do the one wipe deal, they're "one wipe" is on super high speed, so I feel like they're going to fly off their arms when I do it. Lastly as far as Comfort and Convenience, they could be better. The seats aren't very comfortable, particularly on long rides. But it's a fairly smooth ride, so it makes up for it. Everything is conveniently located except for maybe the cruise control. I tend to drive a lot with my left hand (elbow on the window ledge) so it'd be nice if they were on the other side of the steering wheel. Other than that, I have no complaints. Overall, I love the car. If you're a person of practicality, and don't mind getting a little less in terms of perks in exchange for reliability and great gas mileage, this is a good choice from my experience."

Bad brakes, cv joints and hard to keep aligned

By on Sunday, May 22, 2011

"Had to replace tires and cv joints with less than 12,000 miles. At less than 20,000 miles had to get new front brakes and rotors turned at a cost of $ 309.00 at Honda dealership. I have noticed a lot of 2008 civics are having premature brake wear problems and Honda refuses to do anything about it. They said some of the vehicles were built at the factory with dry cv joints, which they forgot to pack with grease. Duh."

Not Enough Power

By on Friday, August 13, 2010

"Very slow pickup, doors feel cheap, and worst of all it only gets 30-40mpg not the 40-50 they tell you. Better off getting a regular civic for the money as the MPG is lower than they state."

2007 HCH Owner 3 years

By on Wednesday, August 4, 2010

"The good: Gas mileage, navigation system, excellent entertainment system, comfort, good airconditioning, styling The bad: Driver's side window problem (sporadic), IMA battery problem especially in hot climate (recall issued), considerable mileage degradation (class action lawsuit), chassis very low to ground (clearance)"

Defective suspension in Civics. Beware

By on Sunday, September 6, 2009

"The car gets great gas mileage and is comfortable to drive. The big problem is the suspension eats up tires. My car has 52K highway miles and is a 2008. We're getting ready to put n our third set of tires on this vehicle. The original set lasted for 20k and were terribly cupped and worn. We decided to upgrade to a better tire and put on Pirrelli tires with an 80K tread life. Well wouldn't you know 30K and the tires are at the same condition and all we get from the dealer is a song and dance about rotating them every 6000 miles. I do rotate the tires and never had a car do this. Searched web for others experiencing the same problem and found this isn't an isolated issue. Beware of this car! My fourth Honda owned and my last after terrible customer service and runaround to an obvious problem."

The Civic is Sensational!!

By on Monday, August 24, 2009

"This is from the Point of View of a 24 year old male teacher who drives a total of 60 miles a day on a highway just for work: I bought my Atomic Blue Metallic Honda Civic EX in the beginning of July. I had a 98 Honda Civic that ran wonderfully (only problem I ever had with it was with the muffler system). This car was listed for 20,000, then he brought it down to 19,500. I asked him if he could go any lower and after some negotiating, he brought it down to 18,800 (and threw in the leather wrapped steering wheel). It's a fun, sporty car. There's more room inside than my old Civic. The gas mileage is terrific and can't be beat!! The iPod integration is my favorite feature. Steering wheel mounted controls are great, and the telescopic steering wheel allows for more room. Lots of storage space in car. The blue backlights are great. Moonroof is more like a sunroof. The speedometer is digital and takes some time getitng used to (my girlfriend can now tell when I am speeding haha). I also like the day-time running lights AND that the windshield wipers move in opposite directions, not together towards the left. Runs smoothly over bumps. Because of the small engine, it does take a little more uumpff (horsepower) to accelerate. I do wish there were a few more compartments on the dash for storage, or atleast have them be bigger. It would be great if the car's stickshift was like a Hyundai's, where the automatic feels like a manual by going into different compartments. One important note: If a large person will be often riding in your passenger seat, they will not have a lot of room. Overall, I am VERY pleased with my purchase. Honda is a reputable automaker. The resale value is excellent. If you want a fun, sporty, reliable sedan, this is the one for you!!"

Excellent Car !!!!

By on Monday, December 29, 2008

"We traded a 2005 Toyota Prius for the 2006 Civic EX Nav. A great car!! Loved it from the first time we saw it. Honda has the market cornered on value, styling, and engineering. The technology is this car is amazing. The good things: Voice activated navigation, PC card slot, aux audio port, one touch open/close sunroof, 6 airbags, ABS brakes, Rear spoiler, Alloy wheels, tilt and telescoping steering wheel. MPG 32 city and 44 on highway. The bad: Tires wear out in 25,000 miles, oil leak took 4 visits to the dealer to get it resolved, road noise is noticable after 60mph, no traction control, no electronic skid control, if you own the model with automatic transmission make sure you get the serpentine belt recall done. We loved this car made the trip from California to Florida flawlessly!!! We leased the 2009 when our lease ended."

Excellent value

By on Sunday, December 28, 2008

"Excellent value. Amazing gas mileage. Roomy and versatil all around city/hwy car cruises at any speed with ease. Keeps up with traffic anywhere. Excellent when gas was up////// saved me 300 per month in fuel."

Its a Honda!

By on Saturday, December 27, 2008

"Ive owned 2 other Civics, an 87 CRX si (my first car) and a 98 Si, I decided not to get the Si this time because of high gas prices and the required premium fuel required by the si model. My latest EX is a dream of a car, living up to the quality but outperforming my 87 si hands down. It lacks a little power compared to my 98 si, but not much. The car is much quieter and has more room than its predecessors. I got the automatic for the first time, and I love the 5 speed automatic gear box. It shifts like I would shift a manual. Honda got it right again! Ive grown up with Honda, Ill be driving my next generation Civic in about 250,000 miles!"

marcias/jimmys/ride

By on Thursday, December 18, 2008

"Hi bought new in 2007 and love it but when i sit down in it it looks like a low rider because im 400=pounds big man and in a little car but overall the car seems to be nice kinda looks like a space ship in side but for $21k its not bad.The gas mileage aint to bad either for 32 mpg. highway ok later."

By on Saturday, November 29, 2008

"Awesome car! Great mpg, (about 42 is what I average), good looks, lots of nice features come std. Handles very well and I was suprised with the amount of power it has. I live in Wyoming and have had no trouble dealing with the snow and 50 mph winds we get here. I marked down performace because it gets a little jumpy a lower speeds, like when you're driving in a parking lot.. I haven't noticed any road noise which i see a lot of people complain about. So overall it is a great car and i'm very happy with it."

Vale Car

By on Sunday, September 21, 2008

"I bought a base Civic DX Coupe with manual for $13,955 and put a GPS/CD/Bluetooth/IPOD enabled/DVD/AM/FM from Best Buy in it (it fit the large screen in the dash. I reguarly get 40-41.5 MPG on the highway. The car has the same Consumer Reports accelerating, braking and avoidance manuver numbers as my 2003 BMW XiT. It is great fun to drive. I find the seats are slightly uncomfortable for long trips. No I have no problem with the road noise I've read about. (did it get better in '08?). Overall, this is an excellent value."