2011 Honda Civic

Based on 1919 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Love the car. Disappointed in the paint.

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, fun, good looking."

Cons: "Paint scratches too easily."

"This is my third Civic and my second Si. Best bang for the buck if you sometimes need a back seat. Reliability is exceptional. My car has never needed a mechanical repair. I change oil, wiper blades and tires. The paint (black) is way too soft. It scratches if I look at it too hard showing the white primer underneath. The finish is crackled on the horizontal surfaces from exposure to the summer sun. My previous Civics and my Odyssey had much more durable paint."

very reliable

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

"bought my 2006 honda civic hybrid in the beginning of 2006. and literally, no issues since then. engine is great, battery is great, sound system is great, navigation is great. oil change is on the pricier side, but that's expected for a hybrid."

Beautiful Car

By on Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Pros: "Good gas milage"

"Every one loves Hondas, they are well known to be a good vehicles."

A great car

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Great reliability, great design, great on gas"

Cons: "Slow, noisy cabin"

"I love my 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid. I've owned the car for two years and put 50,000 miles on it, without any mechanical problems. The design is great. I love the fact that it doesn't look like a Prius, or as I like to call them, Rolly Pollies. People say, "This is a hybrid!?" Gas mileage averages 40+ unless I've been street racing against Rolly Pollies. Great reliability, great design, great gas mileage. Now the bad stuff. This car is incredibly slow, but that is expected when efficiency has precedence over power. The cabin is not very quiet. Sometimes when I turn off the car I think I left a window down because I can hear things outside, but the windows are all up. This is probably due to the need to remove weight for efficiency, so there goes the sound insulation. So, these are just trade-offs for efficiency. According to my calculation based on EPA fuel ratings, so far I've saved about $3,500 in gas costs compared to my 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse. At that rate the car will "pay for itself" at about 230,000 miles. Only 180,000 to go!"

Absolute blast out of a very resonable vehicle!

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, well priced, reliability, Honda!"

Cons: "For some, learning manual, but worth it!"

"Fuel efficient, easy to drive, a HOOT to drive! I've driven all sorts of Hondas/Acuras, from old school legends to customized NSXs and still love my car. It captures that Honda sport feel, and throws it into a sedan that seats 5 adults comfortably and merely sips on gas while doing it. The car is planted and predictable, you can throw it into hard bends and it gobbles them up. I've got roughly 120,000 miles on mine. I've put a clutch (knew it was bad when I bought the car), spark plugs (with valve adjust), oil, and tires into it. Not bad at all for it's age and mileage. Considering this is a sports car, it gets driven like one regularly. I daily drive it and it has absolutely never let me down or left me stranded."

very comfortable drive; great mpg

By on Thursday, January 9, 2014

"Higher mileage car than I have bought before. Replaced both batteries, to include hybrid battery at 116,000 miles, to the tune of $3500.00. So car should be good on batteries for another 116,000 miles! Clean inside, quiet and smooth ride. Pleased with unleaded regular gas mileage--39-42.5 hwy; 36-39 city. Exterior paint very good. Headlight covers need cleaning up--have become cloudy. Regular maintenance done. Have done long distance driving and car performed excellently."

Perfect Economy Car for Me

By on Thursday, January 2, 2014

Pros: "MPG, tight drive, looks, interior useage"

Cons: "Highest gear makes 75 mph @ 3200 rpm."

"For getting me and one other around, this one's perfect. The things I can think of off the top of my head are; good economy (MPG & MSRP), fun to drive, great interior, decent space (can fit a bike in the trunk with the rear seat down), and not bad to look at. What I wish it had was a 6th gear or a higher 5th gear for a slightly lower RPM when cruising on the interstate. I gave it a 7/10 Comfort & Convenience rating because it's not a sedan or wagon with convenience, but it certainly is comfortable."

Good everyday vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable (for an economy car), gas mileage"

Cons: "Power, some squeaks/rattles"

"The Civic EX-L is an economical luxury car (if there is such a thing). Rides well (for a small car), and handles reasonably well. The vehicle stability control does make a significant difference when driving in bad weather. Minor gripes are the squeaks and rattles that seem to come and go as the temperature changes. They don't usually last more than a few minutes, but are sometime annoying. Power is adequate for normal driving, but definitely not going to impress people who drive with a heavy foot. Mileage is 28-30 mpg city/hwy combo driving. Did get 37 mpg on a trip to PA recently, running at 70-75mph. However, conditions were ideal - cool weather - driving with windows closed and no A/C on. 33-35 mpg on the highway is more typical. Good, comfortable, reliable car. Leather interior and heated seats make it seem not quite so economy. We ended up buying a 2009 Civic LX-S for our daughter. Both cars purchase used (EX-L with 30K, LX-S with 40K), both have held up well for past 18 months, and both now have 50K + on the odometer."

Love this little car! Good mileage, fun to drive!

By on Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Pros: "compact, fits anywhere, sleek"

Cons: "compact, drives like a smaller car"

"BEST little car ever!"

5 years

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "very small economy car"

Cons: "excellent gas milage, totally green car"

"I have owned this car since the Fall of 2008. I have never had any mechanical or NG related problems. It has been an excellent commuter car. Avgeraging about 40 mpg (sometimes mmore, sometimes less). Very good gas mileage and very cheap fill ups! First totally GREEN car I ever owned. I wish that when I had purchased it that I would have had more options (Leather seats, different model (SUV) etc), but this was the only NGV vechicle available at the time. I would have just like more cosmetic options. For the value, and the amount of money I have saved on gasoline over the past five years, I cannot complain, the car runs great."

Solid vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "Great price, fuel economy."

Cons: "Small interior space"

"Solid value in a vehicle. Purchased certified used and have not regretted it. The car delivers above advertised fuel economy and we have no complaints with it."

A supercar!

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "Good looking and dependable"

Cons: "No cup holders in the back"

"I bought this car in 2010 from a used car dealership and never had any real problem with it other than regular maintenance. In the 3 years that I own it, I changed the brakes in 2012 and bought new tires. This car is very dependable and very good with gas with an average in city driving of about 30 mpg. My daughter and I love this car. It looks great and drives great. It is a must for commuting and young drivers like the look and feel of this sporty-looking car."

Love this car! Fun to drive

By on Sunday, May 5, 2013

"My Honda Civic has been a wonderful investment. It holds its value beautifully. Just a fun, stylish car for any age."

great car with perplexities

By on Saturday, April 20, 2013

Pros: "great reliable fun car to drive, good warranty,"

Cons: "bad trans, catalytic, & air bags"

"Great driving comfortable Car, bought it with 33k in Oct. 2010. Since than replaced a transmission and catalytic converter on warranty. Air bag dysfunction lights now go on, Honda wants $1300 to replace(not on warranty any longer). Though I love Honda's. Will be considering other brands of the day considering all that should not have gone wrong with this car."

I love this car!!

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "good price, great drive for younger folks!!"

Cons: "taky interior"

"I love this car so very, very much! This car being my first car, I may sound a little biased, but whatever. The value and reliability on the car are still great, KBB said that I could probably get 12,000 dollars for it right now when I bought it about 2 years ago, with 50,000 miles on it for 13,000!!! The quality inside the cabin is a little plastic, and taky. the driving dynamics of the car are great from what I can tell. It handles corners very well with speeds like 55 to 60 and the acceleration is very responsive. the design of the care overall is very nice and smooth. It has a lot of sleek spots and has great looking back, which is hard to find in most coupes... the comfort is a little trouble for me because im 6'4" so I don't fight exactly into it, my head sometimes touches the roof, but not often. The Convenience part is great except for the gps that can be a little difficult at times. It's a great car and I would highly suggest for you to buy it!!! :)"

Best car ever!

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

Pros: "great price, stylish, fun to drive, cheap to fix"

Cons: "not enough room for a big dog."

"I have had my car for three years now and have not one complaint. MPG is awesome, I get 34mpg driving to work daily. Maintenance is minimal. The digital speedometer is my favorite feature."

I love my 2009 Civic LX!

By on Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pros: "Pretty style, fun to drive, great on gas !"

Ms. "Daisy"

"This is my fourth Honda, and as always, it has not failed to impress! This car is adorable inside and out! The interior is roomy, sleek, and reminds me of the cock pit of an airplane! At night, the lights on the inside are a beautiful blue and purple and the smaller "race car" looking steering wheel is very cool! I find the seats comfortable, even on long trips. Another neat feature is the sound system, which automatically turns the volume down as you slow down, then back up again as you speed up! And the gas mileage is excellent!! I will be keeping this car ( whom I call "Daisy" ) for a very long time!"

Ms. "Daisy"

Fantastic Car

By on Monday, October 8, 2012

"I have owned my 07 Civic SI Coupe for a bit over a year now. It is a wonderful car. You will be hard pressed to find a naturally aspirated car that handles as well as its gas milage. Never had any problems so far with the car, and I cannot detect any problems. I have driven it in the Utah mountains with snow on the road, and it handled better than my old 4x4 truck. I would recommend to anyone!"

By on Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pros: "economy, price, performance"

"In order to buy this car I had to justify it as a commuter. I have a 60 mile daily roundtrip for work. It delivered expected fuel economy from day one while driving like a poor man's sportscar (as they say ... my other car is an Audi TT Roadster). I can't find a fault with this vehicle. It is everything that it's advertised to be and more. Very reliable and surprisingly useful with the fold down rear seats. I've hauled large items, e.g., broken down picnic table, large screen tv, and more recently my sons have used it as their college vehicles where its survived college age drivers and also hauled massive amounts of things to and from college over long ~500 mile drives. This car is a real runner!"

nice vehicle

By on Saturday, September 1, 2012

Pros: "great price great gas mileage"

Cons: "too low for me to get out of easily"

"this is one of the most dependable cars I have ever owned. I bought it new and am very pleased with my trade in value."

Great economy sport car!

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pros: "Great MPG, comfortable, great design inside out."

Cons: "Back seats aren't meant for people 6 feet and over"

"I own a black 2009 Civic coupe EX 5-speed manual. Interior: Overall this car is very comfortable. When sitting in the inside you really feel like you are sitting in the inside of a cockpit or race car without sacrificing comfort. It it very stylish with the two-tier display in the car with bright vivid blue lighting. The front bucket seats hug you very nicely and the material feels great. The Premium sound system that comes in the EX models are amazing. I use to own a 2005 Acura RSX Type S before this car, and the sound compares nicely to the Bose system that came standard in my Acura. You can listen to music through CD/MP3/WMA, USB connectivity, Aux port, and radio. The controls for the stereo on the steering wheel very useful as well. Exterior: The outside of the car has a very clean and simple look to it. It looks aerodynamic and a little futuristic. The design of the car (especially it not being an Si) doesn't stand out a bunch, but looks sporty enough to get me some attention. the 16 inch alloy rims that come on the 2009 EX's looks great along with the moonroof and chrome tip exhaust. Driving experience: The car definitely lacks in the aspect of power compared to my old Acura RSX Type S, but it's what you would expect from an economical sport compact car. the 1.8L 140hp single overhead cam. i-Vtec engine is surprisingly a lot more powerful than what i was expecting though, but it still nothing like the 2.0 210hp Dual overhead cam. i-vtec engine from my old Acura. But these are the sacrifices i knew i had to take in order to get great gas mileage. Overall: I bought this car mainly because My Acura was totalled a few months ago during an accident that was not my fault and i needed a car. I have 2 1/2 years of college left, so i decided i needed a great sporty economy car to help me get through the rest of college with a great resale value for when i decide to get another car later on after i graduate. This car is nice, comfortable, reliable, with great mpg, and comes with many features i would have expected in high end, more expensive cars."

Best Car I've Owned

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Pros: "price, gas milage, fun to drive,"

"This is my 5th car in the last 4 years and is hands down the best. I have owed Audi, Ford, and Toyota before this car and none even compare to the civic. Everything about this car just screams quality and value. I get GREAT gas milage and the interior is sooo much roomier than you would think from looking at it. I hope to own this car for a long time."

AMAZING

By on Friday, July 6, 2012

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE"

"I went from driving a 06 G35Coupe 6Sp to this i thought it would be a down grade BUT ITS WASNT i love this car. Its funner to drive than the Infiniti and its just a great car and such a good gas saver but has the power when you want to play. 10\10"

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage and Great quality for the price"

Cons: "Road noise, Emergency brake position"

"I have only had this vehicle for approx. 2 months but really enjoy driving it. My wife and I have taken it on 3-4 trips that were 200 miles and found it to be very fuel efficient and comfortable for the drive. Road noise is much better than my wife's Chevy Cobalt but could be better. Also like only changing oil every 5,000 miles! Seems to be a very dependable car for the price."

Great Car at Twice The Price

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "great value, very reliable, great looks"

Cons: "dealer maintenance, no dropping rear seats"

"I bought my 2009 Civic LX new from the dealership and got a pretty good price for where I live. My family has had good history with Hondas, and I really liked the look of the front end on this particular model (although I wasn't so hot on the rear fascia at the time). Knowing that I was getting into a car with above average reliability and good gas mileage and safety were the key factors in my decision to go with the Civic. I test-drove the Civic and Accord back to back, and honestly I felt the Civic was much more enjoyable to drive while the Accord had a disconnected feel akin to Toyotas (not a bad thing if you prefer that feel, but I don't). Having driven the Civic in Hawaii and along the US East Coast, I think it is better suited to the islands because of its light weight and small size. It felt like the smallest vehicle on the road in Virginia, and while it is stable up to 90mph, it was a white knuckle driving experience on the interstate there. After two years of ownership, I am even more pleased with the Civic than ever before. With the new 2012 Civics, I feel like Honda made some design mistakes and the reliability ratings have gone down. On the exterior the new Civics have lost the small window behind the a-pillar and moved the side-view mirrors to that location. Although purely aestetic, I like the look of the 2006-2011 windows/mirrors better. The interior of my Civic is still very nice and I love the speedometer. Everything feels like it is high-quality, and I have had no issues so far. Perhaps one drawback is that the rear seats don't go down to increase the cargo space with the trunk. My only complaint is with the dealer's maintenance department. I took my Civic in for a regular maintenance and it came out to $300 for what was basically an oil change. They claimed to have rotated the tires, but I discovered later on that they didn't even do that. If you buy any Honda new from the dealership, I recommend you find an outside mechanic shop for all your maintenance as it will save you a bundle and likely result in better work."