2009 Honda Civic

Based on 1917 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Love this car!

By on Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, great mileage, resale value"

Cons: "No power seats"

"This is a terrific car. I never thought I would own a Honda but now that I do, I am in love with it. The manual transmission makes the car fantastic to drive. It has great acceleration and handles so well around corners. It is a fun ride. My favorite interior details are the dual dashboard and the leather seats. I have 48K miles on the car and it feels like it will run forever. Oh, and it gets 37 miles per gallon. Buy one! You will be happy you did."

She flies! You will find your mojo in this car.

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "This car is tuned up and ready to go."

Cons: "Too fast for my 15 year old."

"The Honda SI package is an incredible value. Everything is stock but she keeps up and handles as well as vehicles way beyond her league. Put the windows down and listen to the race muffler. This is a car to have fun in."

Solid Performer, Honda Quality & Reliability.....!

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Strong Resale Value, Solid Fuel Economy"

Cons: "Road Noise, Must Get EXL Trim to have heated seats"

Pre-delivery.

"This is our 3rd Civic EX sedan, and its also the nicest thus far. We trade every 5-yrs, with my wife getting the new sedan, I getting her used, and trading my 10-yr old sedan in against the new sedan. We also have an Accord EXL Sedan that is only driven for family trips, out of area trips, and weekend use as our Civic's are our daily sedan's. The only issue with the 2009 Ex Sedan is the road noise from the OEM Goodyear Eagle RSA tires that came on the civic. When I took it over earlier this year, I put 4-new michelins on that are the same as whats on our Accord. Big difference. Other than that, the '09 Civic EX sedan its a great vehicle and the MCR for 2009 adds some flair to the nose & tail. We always wait for the MCR(mid cycle refresh)before we buy our new model as it usually will save us money by getting new stock items that were options originally plus a refreshed look."

Pre-delivery.

Great reliable car

By on Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Pros: "Economical"

Cons: "not too fast"

"I have had my civic for one year now and it has never given me any problems."

Love the car. Disappointed in the paint.

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, fun, good looking."

Cons: "Paint scratches too easily."

"This is my third Civic and my second Si. Best bang for the buck if you sometimes need a back seat. Reliability is exceptional. My car has never needed a mechanical repair. I change oil, wiper blades and tires. The paint (black) is way too soft. It scratches if I look at it too hard showing the white primer underneath. The finish is crackled on the horizontal surfaces from exposure to the summer sun. My previous Civics and my Odyssey had much more durable paint."

very reliable

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

"bought my 2006 honda civic hybrid in the beginning of 2006. and literally, no issues since then. engine is great, battery is great, sound system is great, navigation is great. oil change is on the pricier side, but that's expected for a hybrid."

Beautiful Car

By on Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Pros: "Good gas milage"

"Every one loves Hondas, they are well known to be a good vehicles."

A great car

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Great reliability, great design, great on gas"

Cons: "Slow, noisy cabin"

"I love my 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid. I've owned the car for two years and put 50,000 miles on it, without any mechanical problems. The design is great. I love the fact that it doesn't look like a Prius, or as I like to call them, Rolly Pollies. People say, "This is a hybrid!?" Gas mileage averages 40+ unless I've been street racing against Rolly Pollies. Great reliability, great design, great gas mileage. Now the bad stuff. This car is incredibly slow, but that is expected when efficiency has precedence over power. The cabin is not very quiet. Sometimes when I turn off the car I think I left a window down because I can hear things outside, but the windows are all up. This is probably due to the need to remove weight for efficiency, so there goes the sound insulation. So, these are just trade-offs for efficiency. According to my calculation based on EPA fuel ratings, so far I've saved about $3,500 in gas costs compared to my 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse. At that rate the car will "pay for itself" at about 230,000 miles. Only 180,000 to go!"

Absolute blast out of a very resonable vehicle!

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, well priced, reliability, Honda!"

Cons: "For some, learning manual, but worth it!"

"Fuel efficient, easy to drive, a HOOT to drive! I've driven all sorts of Hondas/Acuras, from old school legends to customized NSXs and still love my car. It captures that Honda sport feel, and throws it into a sedan that seats 5 adults comfortably and merely sips on gas while doing it. The car is planted and predictable, you can throw it into hard bends and it gobbles them up. I've got roughly 120,000 miles on mine. I've put a clutch (knew it was bad when I bought the car), spark plugs (with valve adjust), oil, and tires into it. Not bad at all for it's age and mileage. Considering this is a sports car, it gets driven like one regularly. I daily drive it and it has absolutely never let me down or left me stranded."

very comfortable drive; great mpg

By on Thursday, January 9, 2014

"Higher mileage car than I have bought before. Replaced both batteries, to include hybrid battery at 116,000 miles, to the tune of $3500.00. So car should be good on batteries for another 116,000 miles! Clean inside, quiet and smooth ride. Pleased with unleaded regular gas mileage--39-42.5 hwy; 36-39 city. Exterior paint very good. Headlight covers need cleaning up--have become cloudy. Regular maintenance done. Have done long distance driving and car performed excellently."