2008 Honda Civic

Based on 1909 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pros: "low price, fun to drive, efficient"

Cons: "cheap cpt, door locks, wheels scratch easily"

"Only a couple of complaints. The carpets mats are quite flimsy and are made of cheap materials -- which show wear. Also, 2 of the automatic door locks quit working last Summer. Honda dealer said they could see what was wrong -- but it would cost a lot, since they would be taking off the door panels. Overall tho, I love this car, and I have owned a lot of cars in my day. Dependable, efficient, comfortable, easy, cute. What more could one ask for?"

Makes a great first car

By on Friday, December 7, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, reliable, economical"

Cons: "Backseat leg room"

"I got the 2009 Civic coupe EX as a first car a few months ago. I had wanted something more luxurious, but for now the most practical vehicle for me is this one. It feels like it could never break down. It always starts on the first turn of the key, never makes any strange noises, and just the feel of the basic buttons and knobs makes you think they're going to last a million years. It's very easy to drive, park, and take care of. Might not be a Mercedes, but it is a marvel of engineering. The ONLY thing I would change about the car is the instrument panel. If you turn on the lights, the panel dims, and this can strain your eyes in the early morning or evening."

Fantastic Car In All Areas

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "Quality, Fast"

Cons: "No Cons"

"The Honda Civic Si is one of the best cars on the market. It is a go-kart disguised as a sedan, so much fun to drive, 6-speed close ratio manual transmission, great suspension, Honda reliability means it will last forever, great price, great gas mileage, very utilitarian, people will be so jealous of you if you own this car!"

The most basic transportation possible

By on Sunday, January 8, 2017

Pros: "Great MPG, affordable, somewhat fun to drive"

Cons: "Bad build quality, uncomfortable."

"I own a 2008 Civic (manual transmission). If you care for nothing else than getting around, not even getting around comfortably, then this car is a great value. It's cheap and it gets awesome gas mileage. It isn't too slouchy when I need to move quickly. However, I have a myriad of problems with this car. The most frustrating is the A/C compressor. Upon purchase in 2014, the A/C did not work. It has never worked since. It appears the actual compressor is faulty, and naturally it will cost a fortune to fix so I didn't, especially since I have so little faith the fix will last. The clear coat is fading awfully fast. The roof is the worst, but many seams around the car are also peeling. Honda's painters are a joke. The manual shifting is frustrating, occasionally the shifter will refuse to go all the way into gear, making you brute force it, which can't possibly be good. I have also never had a car that does more burnouts than this one. Whenever the slightest bit of rain or snow hits the road, the front tires lose all traction when taking off. Perhaps the car is just too light. This is probably the most uncomfortable car I've ever had as well. The headrest is entirely useless, I believe it is the "anti-whiplash" design that was popular with insurance companies and chiropractors alike a few years back. It is so impractical that I just lean myself forward. The seats are also too low as well. In a good car, your knees would bend at a 75ish degree angle, in a tiny coupe, maybe 60, but this car even less. My legs become very uncomfortable in the car when driving for extended periods. The seats are similarly uncomfortable, and the car is just too low, there's no proper way to get out of it if you're tall. At 91,000 miles, it's never left me stranded, and gets great gas mileage. The engine is starting to make uncomfortable sounds, and these blocks also had problems with cracking. Honda will fix them for 10 years, but my car is running out of time. I rarely beat on the car, never abused it, changed oil and filters when necessary. So far, so good, but I don't suspect this is gonna be one of those "300,000 mile" Civics of the 90s."

Awesome

By on Sunday, May 13, 2007

"I have driven the NSX and this car blows it away in handling and acceleration. I can't believe how much power it has left, even in fifth gear. It is like getting a race car for a little over $20,000. What a great value, looks good and can race just about anything out there. At 145 mph, she rides smooth and handles great."