2006 Honda Civic

Based on 1909 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Great vehicle

By on Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Pros: "Great deal for what you get"

Cons: "no cons"

"We bought this Honda Civic in March of 2011 and my wife has driven this vehicle a lot. The only issue we had is the air conditioning that cost us $650.00, PS don't go through a Honda dealer to get the vehicle fixed if its not in warranty."

Exceptional Automobile

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Pros: "Virtually no maintenance costs."

"Bought brand new 6.5 years ago. Zero problems. Outside of oil changes, only 1 battery and 1 set of tires. Nimble, comfortable, no squeaks or rattles. So dependable and reliable. WOW !!!"

Everything I wanted/hoped in 140k miles

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Great price/value and very economical"

Cons: "Sun Visor melted--that's it"

"I knew I was going to be driving a lot and wanted and reliable but comfortable car that was economic to drive. This EX civic met every expectation I had."

Great Overall Small Car

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "Great Mileage, Fun to drive, Great overall car!"

Cons: "Squeaks in the plastic interior."

"I purchased this car in order to get great mileage, and it does just that for my commute. I am super pleased with it. I am on my second set of tires, which wear nice and evenly. The engine does not eat oil(I measure), I do change it every 4000 miles. The car has a few squeaks that drive me nuts in the plastic interior pieces. I sold a pickup for this car and I went from 10 mpg diesel to an average or 33mpg! I use the coupe as a truck and it handles all the stuff I can get in it. My highway mileage is right around 37 mpg. Honda has been great for me and my extended family. I without a doubt expect at least another 200,000 miles until a trade in will occur. The last honda made it to 280,000 with VERY minimal repairs."

The most basic transportation possible

By on Sunday, January 8, 2017

Pros: "Great MPG, affordable, somewhat fun to drive"

Cons: "Bad build quality, uncomfortable."

"I own a 2008 Civic (manual transmission). If you care for nothing else than getting around, not even getting around comfortably, then this car is a great value. It's cheap and it gets awesome gas mileage. It isn't too slouchy when I need to move quickly. However, I have a myriad of problems with this car. The most frustrating is the A/C compressor. Upon purchase in 2014, the A/C did not work. It has never worked since. It appears the actual compressor is faulty, and naturally it will cost a fortune to fix so I didn't, especially since I have so little faith the fix will last. The clear coat is fading awfully fast. The roof is the worst, but many seams around the car are also peeling. Honda's painters are a joke. The manual shifting is frustrating, occasionally the shifter will refuse to go all the way into gear, making you brute force it, which can't possibly be good. I have also never had a car that does more burnouts than this one. Whenever the slightest bit of rain or snow hits the road, the front tires lose all traction when taking off. Perhaps the car is just too light. This is probably the most uncomfortable car I've ever had as well. The headrest is entirely useless, I believe it is the "anti-whiplash" design that was popular with insurance companies and chiropractors alike a few years back. It is so impractical that I just lean myself forward. The seats are also too low as well. In a good car, your knees would bend at a 75ish degree angle, in a tiny coupe, maybe 60, but this car even less. My legs become very uncomfortable in the car when driving for extended periods. The seats are similarly uncomfortable, and the car is just too low, there's no proper way to get out of it if you're tall. At 91,000 miles, it's never left me stranded, and gets great gas mileage. The engine is starting to make uncomfortable sounds, and these blocks also had problems with cracking. Honda will fix them for 10 years, but my car is running out of time. I rarely beat on the car, never abused it, changed oil and filters when necessary. So far, so good, but I don't suspect this is gonna be one of those "300,000 mile" Civics of the 90s."