2002 Honda Civic

Based on 1823 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Safe, dependable, good quality.

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"I purchased this car below blue book and was certain there was going to be some problems. Upon getting it looked at, it was still in near perfect condition. It was kind of a rocky ride, but after putting on new tires it's smooth as can be. I love this car. I mention that it's safe because it just saved me. I was in an accident (today) on a freeway where I was stopped and I was rear ended by a car going approximately 65 mph. Her Ford Explorer had to be towed, and my Honda was safe to drive off the scene, although the frame might be bent. AWESOME car. Kept me safe and was fun to drive. Cons, seats are a little firm and there's not much get up and go in 1st, 2nd, or 5th gear. Pros, safe, dependable, good resell value, and fun."

Excellent Value

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "good price, excellent mileage"

Cons: "Poor interiors"

"Been using this car for about 2 years now. Provides good comfortable ride. Had couple of issues with it, but it was mroe due to my fault than the car itself. Overall, provides excellent value for the price."

Great car, love it. Great on gas handles very well

By on Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable drive, reliable,gas is good"

Cons: "a little more power"

"I've owned this car for 11 years. Mostly highway miles. Need a bigger car for transportation, family. Thinking about a new Honda. Very reliable and fun to drive. Recommend Honda to anyone."

Retired. Want to sell one car, preferably Civic

By on Saturday, August 3, 2013

Pros: "Most reliable, least expensive car I ever owned."

Cons: "No CD player."

"I bought this car new. It has always performed well. I have all service/maintenance records. I hate to lose it, but I must make a choice: 02 Civic or 07 CR-V. This car has been garaged since new, has Michelin tires with plenty wear left, recent timing belt/water pump, interior is very clean, exterior has few "parking lot" dings, but paint still looks great and water still beads on it. I usually get 35 mpg mixed driving, and 38 - 40 highway mileage. I haven't as much as replaced a light bulb since new! It did get a new A/C compressor clutch in 2012, and (4) new struts in 2013."

Excellent Car-----Honda, I love my car!!!!!

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "Price, kinda HIGH, but quality of drive is good!"

Cons: "I am glad I bought it, no regrets."

"I have bought five new Honda Civics over the years since 1977 and I have no qualms about the quality of cars they produce. This one, has been a very good car for me, with all the bells and whistles except for a butt warmer seat which would have been nice. I think the arm rest could have been of better quality than what I have but I am keeping this car for a very long time. I have 110,000 on my car and have kept up with the maintenance and plan on keeping it until it dies or I die....Honda has been true to me and the quality they produce!"

First and best car!

By on Friday, July 20, 2012

Pros: "Great price to buy AND to own; reliable."

Cons: "Coupe is a little small for more than 2 people."

"I have had my 1998 Honda Civic coupe for as long as I have been able to drive. Great on gas, tires for it are inexpensive, easy to park in small spaces, very rarely needs maintenance, and fun to drive! This car also goes very well in the snow- put some front snow tires on and it is a real tank on ice and slush. This car also saved my life when I was in a horrible auto accident a few years ago. Despite being struck by another car on the drivers side and smashed by a tree on the passenger side, I walked away from the accident completely unscathed. The car was completely reconstructed, and it keeps on going! You seriously cannot stop this little car. If you are looking for space, go for the sedan instead- the coupe only comfortably seats about 2-3 people. Take care of this car, and it will be very good to you!"

This car keeps surprising me

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "Storage capacity, torque, turning radius"

Cons: "Plastic bumper and weak front protection"

"This is the first car I bought with only 700 miles in 2004. I have taken care of it, mostly through oil changes and recommended maintenance. It still works fine after 3 front accidents (not all my fault!), I have to say the front bumper is super weak, I "walked" into a stopped truck at 5 miles an hour and it caused $3k of damage (mid price point of the repair estimates). Other than that it has a super small turning radius, more storage capacity than you'd think: skis, curbside "donations", trunk you could put two persons in... My plan is to keep up with it until it dies on me. I have had to replace the AC compressor at 80k or so, but nothing else major so far. I started my mpg at 38 or so while living in Houston TX with much highway, and now I'm at 29 mpg in Boston, MA with much stop and go."

I love this car. I have the EX

By on Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Needs more comfortable seats for long trips"

"Goes and goes. My only complaint would be that the bucket seats could use a little more thought. I drive long trips and the seats are not as comfortable as they could be. It handles great and east on the wallet when filling up. I'll keep it until it quits."

Excellent Gas Mileage!!!

By on Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage-fun to drive-very reliable"

"You wont find a gasoline powered car that gets better gas mileage than this car! If your looking to trade in that gas guzzling vehicle you currently own, I would definitely consider purchasing a Honda Civic!! This car is fun to drive and handles very well. Overall, I give this car a 9 out of 10. The only reason it didnt get a 10 from me is because I dont think it is the most comfortable car Ive driven. But it isnt too bad. I have driven worse."

Reliable, Economic, Good Design, Been Very Good !!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Worry Free"

"Took very long trips in it (none stop; besides gas and food) over 20 hrs straight one time and had no problems with comfort. Seems to burn oil though at times, not always...mostly at higher speeds."