2001 Honda Civic

Based on 1819 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

One sweet whip!!

By on Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pros: "Keeps its value, DURABLE!!, Phenomanal drive"

Cons: "Passanger seat is hard to reach release"

"I love my sweet little civvy. It always gets me where I need to go especially since i have long commutes and travel often. The gas mileage is fantastic and the coupe interior is perfect for keeping me comfortable but awake for those long drives. This car is a trooper because it always starts (unless I left the lights on!) and and keeps on going. Bottom line is that I shed tears the day a stupid girl t-boned my innocent little civvy into a curb I parked next to and broke my door and both my axles. These cars may not be the most luxurious or fastest, but as far as getting what you've payed for you need not worry. You will get all you spent plus a love for a machine like no other."

Awesome car- and mileage!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Great MPG, very cute"

Cons: "Small"

"The only reason I didn't give this car a 10/10 on everything is because the cabin is small (my fiancee is 6'6" and he's squished!) and it rides a TAD rough- but of course all of these things are to be expected in a smaller car. Great MPG and awesome turning radius; this little car will last you forever if you take care of it!"

Reliable Car!

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pros: "great car for a student or professional"

Cons: "bumpy drive"

"This is a very nice and reliable car. It's so reliable that I passed it down to my daughter.I have the peace of mind knowing she is getting where she has to go safely. This body style is timeless and it's a fun car to drive. The only monies that I have invested in the car is general maintenance. I recently took the car in for an oil change and the mechanic said it's in great shape!"

By on Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pros: "Great price"

Cons: "Speed"

"Gas mileage is great in this vehicle"

best car i have ever owned

By on Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pros: "great price, great fuel economy, drives smooth"

"excellent car for the person looking to save some of that hard earned money from poring into your gas tank. i have had this car for half of it's mileage and have only had to change the starter in it. i even have the same tires that it had on it when i bought it, and they're still full of tread. an amazingly reliable car."

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "It's reliable, easy to maintain, fast, fun, easy t"

"It was more expensive but well worth it. Change the oil and keep driving. I drive the wheels off a car so if you drive like I do buy a Honda or Toyota."

Superstar Fading Away in Old Age

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "great mileage, build quality, handling"

Cons: "old age and finally worn out"

"This was a great car! We bought it new in 03, and it was very spunky and sporty to be an economy car. The fit and finish were far superior to a Toyota sub-compact we used to own. Civics feel like little sports cars and are a lot of fun on twisty roads. Parts breakage has been minimal: cv shaft, two wheel bearings, exhaust leak, and a broken door lock; the majority of these mechanical issues have been within the last year or two. The interior has held up well over time. The car is getting a little tired now, but I would not hesitate to buy another Civic. This was the first new car that I bought that I really loved."

Worth every penny!

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "Fantastically reliable"

Cons: "Suspension was shot at about 100K miles"

"I bought this car new and have driven it into the ground and it is still running wonderfully. I would highly recommend this car."

Amazing car! Still going great at 280K. Worth $

By on Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pros: "Super commuter car. Great value."

Cons: "Road noise is louder inside."

"Was worried about buying hybrid technology in 2003,but wanted diamond lane access for my commute. Glad I took the gamble. Best car I ever owned as far as reliability and cost savings. Honda has been great about standing behind it. They replaced the battery unit at 100k. No problems since then."

Only had 1 problem with the car.. ever

By on Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pros: "everything but the faulty gas flap"

Cons: "probably not great for a really tall person"

"That was the cable that opens the gas tank flap snapped. It was still under warranty so that was an easy/free fix. Other than that, no problems EVER. I don't even have to do much to it. The inside feels intuitive and I can fit in small spaces without feeling claustophobic driving around in it."

It was great until 150k

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

"We have just hit the 150k mark on our Honda Civic and are having a nightmare. The biggest is the transmission, which is going out. This is a huge problem on the 01-03 civic's so beware. Recent repair bills have been timing belt, camshaft sensor, TDC sensor, brakes, and struts. The car is a great gas saver and a 5/5 overall until we got slammed with problems between 145 - 150k. A little under-powered but an acceptable trade for mpg performance."

Great car

By on Monday, December 5, 2011

Pros: "small, fuel efficient"

"Had it for years and it still runs like new. Its a great car too have and really fun to drive."

I love my Honda Civic.

By on Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, easy to drive and park"

Cons: "no jack for iPod, squished feeling"

"The only complaint I have is that because it's so small, the front passenger seat and back seats can feel very squished, especially when there are people in the back seat. The gas mileage is awesome on this car. I have had it for 6 years and I absolutely love it."

Great Car!

By on Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pros: "Wonderful on gas"

Cons: "Not a "luxury" type of car"

"I have owned a 2001 Honda Civic LX since 2007. I have been extremely happy with my purchase. It is wonderful to know I am driving a safe, reliable car that requires little else than regular maintenance, is awesome on gas and looks very nice as well. I would not hesitate to purchase a similar car in the future."

best car ever under 20k

By on Friday, December 2, 2011

"reliable, fuel efficient, comfortable"

Love my Honda!

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

Pros: "super fun to drive"

Cons: "wish it had a little more pick up"

"This car has gone above and beyond my expectations. It is totally reliable, holds its value, and the MPG is still amazing 7 years later."

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Mileage"

Cons: "Road Noise"

"I love this car. I researched a lot before purchasing this car. I've had it for 3 years and love it. No problems so far. Good on mileage. I would definitely purchase another after this car too!"

I love my civic!

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

"The 2004 was a great civic and I loved how the lights looked before they switched the design in 2006(?). This car has been reliable through many a Maine winter and I've never had a single problem with it for 120000 miles."

Excellent vehicle!

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pros: "MPG, price, fun to drive, very dependable"

"I purchased this car w/salvage title, at approximately 20K miles. Average 34-38 mpg, drive 200 miles/day. It has never left me stranded, and I would buy it again in a heartbeat. Have owned Honda's for years...they're the best!!"

Great Reliable Vehicle

By on Friday, February 25, 2011

"I purchased this car in 2003 brand new. I have owned it for close to 8 years and have NEVER had a problem...ever. Most people think it's only a couple of years old! I never took it in to Honda for the recommended service, but do get oil changes regularly. I have 134K miles on now and believe my car has at least another 134K miles left in in. Overall, you can't go wrong with the purchase of this vehicle."

Great little get around car

By on Monday, February 21, 2011

"I bought my 2001 Civic DX brand new and it's been my daily driver ever since. I've taken it everywhere (snow, mountains, desert, city) and it performs well. It's not the best snow car and it's not the fastest car but it keeps up with traffic and simply goes and goes and goes. I'm very hard on cars and this thing has taking ever bit of abuse beautifully. These things are made to last. I've just replaced it with a sportier car but I know I'm going to miss the reliability and incredible gas milage of my Honda Civic. It's a great car for a small family, a student, or commuting, or just getting around town and I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for reliability and affordability. If you want a race car though, it's not the car for you."

A disappointment

By on Sunday, June 6, 2010

"We bought our Honda Hybrid in 2003. It was a good running car until the IMA light came on at 107,000. IMA means an issue with the the battery pack, the charging of same or something of this nature. Well, we were told our we needed a battery pack, which would have cost $3,500, remanufactured. Well, Honda gave us a 90/10 split, so we ended up paying $315 for the remanufactured battery pack, which is guaranteed for three years and 36,000 miles since we paid a portion of the the cost. If Honda had paid 100 percent of the cost, the warranty would have been good for only twelve months and 12,000 miles. We are lucky to have Honda cover the cost, but unlucky to have a vehicle whose operating life is limited to an additional three years and 36,000 miles. At the time, the vehicle will have 143,000 miles on it, and will need a new battery pack, which could run anywhere from $3,600 to $6,000 (estimated for a new battery pack, if it is possible to get). I have saved money on fuel, since I got 42 miles per gallon with a poor battery pack and higher mpg when the battery pack was newer. But the cost of replacement of the battery pack makes the savings a moot point, considering the cost of continuing to replace battery packs. Other considerations include the rough ride of the car and the intermitant rattle from the air bag compartment on the passenger side of the car."

Flawless Car

By on Friday, April 9, 2010

"Bought this car (LX Auto 4 DR) new in 05. 5 years later absolutely no problems or repairs...just replaced battery and tires. Great mileage, handling, etc. However, when we put 2 teens and 2 adults in the car and run the AC, gas mileage plummets, in fact, we do better loaded down in our bigger cars - 2005 Accord AND in our 1995 Toyota Camry Station Wagon. I would love to buy a new Civic but may never have the opportunity since this car may run forever."

2003 Honda Civic - The Best

By on Saturday, April 3, 2010

"I've owned many cars during the last 55 years. This is the absolute best. Not a single problem is any sort. And regular mainenance costs are minimal. It is 7 years old, and I bought it new."

Best compact car you can buy for the money

By on Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"3/2010: As of this writing I have accumulated over 108K miles on my Civic LX 4dr. The car has performed flawlessly since I purchased it in late 2001. In fact, I just scheduled the first major service for the car, the 110K recommended service which includes a new timing belt, water pump, and valve adjustments. The only other items I've had to replace are the tires (at 65K) and the battery (at 102K, yes, this was the original battery!). I was pro-active in maintaing the car, I replaced the transmisison fluid and coolant earlier than recommended, and I changed the oil myself every 3K to 4K miles. The Civic has also consistently achieved 38mpg on summer gas and around 35mpg on winter gas, I've gotten as high as 40mpg on all freeway driving and that's with a bit of lead foot. The paint shows a little rash up front but no rust bubbles yet. Everywhere else the paint is still shiny and the clearcoat is still intact. I would recommend this car to anyone looking to purchase a reliable used Honda. I fully expect to get another 100K miles out of this one."