2001 Honda Civic

Based on 1821 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

I LOVE MY CAR

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

"I bought this car with 5 miles on it. I drove it back and forth all through college and pharmacy school. I moved out of town in 2007 (about 200 miles away) and continue to drive back and forth all the time. I now have almost 120,000 miles on it and with the 4th kid on the way, my husband is finally making me sell it to get something bigger. I have never had any issues with this car. It has been wonderful, reliable, comfortable, and an all around great car."

238,000 so far, need I say more?

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "reliabilty and fun to drive, roomy but good gas mi"

Cons: "seat not comfortable"

"No major repairs. Did oil changes every 3000 or 3500 when you need to or not ...was putting 23K on a year commuting. I think that helped the longevity."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"I now have right at 120,000 miles on my Civic EX and she still runs perfectly. I've had the car for over 5 years now. I've had no problems with it whatsoever, have only had to do regular maintenance, oil changes, etc on it. The car gets EXCELLENT gas mileage. I can go a long way on a tank of gas, it's amazing and something I'm very greatful for as gas prices rise. I would recommend this car to anyone. It's safe, comfortable and affordable."

Best I ever bought

By on Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Pros: "Fuel mileage"

Cons: "road noise"

"Bought the vehicle with 80K miles now have 175K and other than brakes, and LOF'S no repairs"

Reliable Vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

"We have owned the vehicle since 2005 and is a great vehicle. Nothing flashy but good dependable commuter car."

best car, most economic i have owned

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "mileage, reliability,"

Cons: "it may not last me forever"

"I bought this car new in 2003, keep it serviced, one 19$ part needed over and above ge eral service. I trust it, i am comfortable in it and hope to get another 200,000 miles out of it. Average gas mileage mid 40 s in the cold, upper 40s, low 50s in the summer."

Some things good, some things bad

By on Saturday, January 4, 2014

Pros: "Good engine and manual transmission"

Cons: "Front end components and airbag system short lived"

"My car is a manual, but I've read many bad things about Honda automatic transmissions for 2000's Civics. My car's engine and transmission haven't needed repairs and for this I'm grateful. However, my airbag system has failed for the second. By 42K miles my lower control arm bushings were shot and it cost me $2K+ to rebuild my front end in November 2011. I was hoping that this would last until my car was traded in or would go to the junkyard, but at 82K miles my lower control arm bushings are going shot again. I was told by three different repair shops that this is a common problem with 2000's Hondas. I don't want another car whose airbag system fails every four to five years. And I don't want to replace lower control arms every 35K miles, either."

BEST ALL AROUND CAR EVER MADE.

By on Sunday, October 6, 2013

"Overall - if you put a score on all the different (value, functional) characteristics of cars and added them up, I think this car would come out with the highest score of all time. Considering - adding up a value of: price (less than $15k), reliability, durability / longevity, trade-in value, maintenance costs, handling, basic comfort, noise level, acceleration, versatility, capacity (particularly for its class), mileage [overall - hwy, city, summer, winter ave: 42 mpg, Highway ave: 45, highest (4 times): 56 mpg, lowest ever (in winter city) 32 mpg]; NOT considering: aesthetics - appearance, creature comforts - gadgets, etc. --- BEST ALL AROUND CAR EVER MADE."

Great car!

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pros: "cute, reliable, great gas mileage, comfortable"

Cons: "loud road noise, dash creaks"

"This car has been fabulous! Very reliable, very few things i have had to do to even maintain it in the 5 or so years i have owned it! I have a 1 yr old son now and we bought an older jeep cherokee thinking it would be better for me toting the kid around, drove that for a few weeks and then told my hubby give me my civic back!! My car was suprisingly easier to get my infant car seat in/out of(downward and back motion instead of having to lift UP, more roomy in the back to sit and breastfeed my son when out and about, and the carseat installs much more securly than in the jeep! This may be a 2 door car but it has the tether anchors for carseats down in the seat crease AND up above! My friends mini van didnt even have all three car seat tether anchors! I love the plush velvety feel of the seats and the back seat in particular the headrest is sooo soft and comfy! Even tho my interior is tan every spill has washed right off my seats with just dishsoap and water! My ONLY complaints with this car ever has really been that the dash creaks and that the road noise is somewhat loud inside especially if your sitting in the back. Love my civic, even tho it only has two doors and i now have a toddler i still wont give it up! :) The gas mileage is amazing too :) Only other thing i've liked as much was my Del Sol (which is a honda civic also!) haha :)"

Love this car more everyday!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Peppy vtec, great visability, unbeatable value!"

Cons: "Honda doesn't make this exact car today!"

"This car has it all! off the lot value that only increases as time goes by; the ease of a smooth 5 speed manual transmission; the pep of a perfectly tuned VTEC engine; superior visability from well placed pillars, roomy interior, ample cargo space and fold down seats which add to the car's versatility. I couldn't be happier with my choice 9 years ago or find a car i'd rather replace my Honda Civic EX with today."