2000 Honda Civic

Based on 1179 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

uber reliable & fun with a golden engine & tranny

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "great mpg, fun, reliable, cheap to operate"

Cons: "some road noise, highway power"

"This is my daily commuter car - 75 miles per day - super reliabile with a sweet Honda engine & 5 speed tranny, 38 - 45 mgp. Not much torque but very tossable & mucho fun to drive with good road feel. Zippy under 50 mph if you keep the rpms up. Cheap to keep on the road. Good in snow & amazing interior room. Not much sound insulation so you get some road & tire noise. Easy to park due to its size but I wouldn't want to head-on a pickup in something so light (2450 lbs). Stable on highway. Not sure how Honda got so much right. Shame they don't make these anymore. Great econocar."

Thirteen Years Old and Original Owner

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

"I owned 2 cars previous to this one and I am satisfied with Honda cars. Sure, I have the oil changes, tire rotations, battery changes, windshield wiper changes, etc. Since I live in a four-season state, snow contributed to rough conditions resulting in fender benders, but not major. Still a strong car that runs smoothe, and its dependable. Hondas are unfortunately big targets for stolen cars and mine fell prey to it. Got it back but with costly enterior damages. I'm making my trips to the Honda Dealer to have it repaired. Honda takes care of their customers, so I know they are taking care of my car. Always satisfied with my car as it runs well as usual."

best car I ever owned

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "everything, especialy handling."

Cons: "adequate power, but no speedster."

"The car that is too tough to die. You can't kill this car. The engine is a baby at 151000 miles. Comfortable with a moon roof. My first impression was that I was riding in a little BMW, not a Honda. Superior handling saved me from some close calls on highways. The new ones don't have as much room for me, since I am 6'5". This is a 250,000 mile car. If you can get one, change the timing belt right off, and your good for 100,000 miles!"

Great Car even at 260,000 miles

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "Long lasting - low maintenance vehicle. Fun."

Cons: "no ashtray"

"I bought this car with 192 k on it. Aside from routine repairs, I have had no problems. The roads in Michigan finally made the front wheel fall off this summer. (I fixed the front end) But a blown head gasket is making me sell it, (pretty expensive repair for me) Already have someone to buy it though, even with the high mileage. It still gets 34 mpg, and starts right up. I loved this car."

Best deal I ever got period

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "Good mpg, cheap parts"

Cons: "squirrelly on the highway in rain or wind"

"A friend of the family sold me this car in 2007 for $1000. It still runs great with over 300K on it. It is very beat up and starting to fall apart but that is my fault. I could not afford to properly maintain it. It never let me down though and the gas mileage is great! It was a little scary to drive on the highway and it would slide around in wind and rain (I guess it was just lightweight) but I never crashed it and it was always fine at speeds under 60."