ZIP code

1998 Honda Civic

Based on 1180 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

1996 HONDA CIVIC

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"We purchased this car new in Feb. 1996 . The car still runs & drives great ! The things we replaced the most on it were the tires & exhaust ! Things we had to replace at 245,000 brake lines ,cv shafts ( both sides ) & believe it or not the rear brakes had just over 245,00 miles on them & the cv shafts had over 245,000 miles on them ( They were ORIGINAL ! ! ! ! The best thing I can tell you is to change your oil every 3000 miles & do the timing belt ,water pump & your tune ups !! This is my dads car & he is 62 & still drives it 60-100 miles a day .He gets in it and drives to Long Island & Maine , (he said the mileage does not scare him & he is getting 38 -41 mpg on the highway ! ! !"

Honda Civic SI

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

"I Don't Have too much to say, But I just love hondas. Specially the SI I won't buy any other vehicle that is not honda or Acura. Best car's ever built They are relyable in every aspect. Thank God for a verry awsome car:))"

This car is my rock!

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "dependable, great value, economical gas mileage"

Cons: "cup holder leaves a little to be desired"

"I have traveled extensively with this car over the years. She has proven to be one of the few things in my life that I can truly rely on. Maintenance is low and little repairs over the years. She runs like a champ, and loves the highway! I would buy this model over and over again. The 4 doors give a little more room and the trunk is huge. Driveability and braking are fantastic! I am height-challenged, but this car is very easy to see over the hood and adjusts for leg-length and height of the driver. Solid like a rock!"

Best car we have owned.

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "Super car. Great gas mileage."

Cons: "Little slow power wise but who cares."

"My wife loves this car. I have repeatedly offered to buy her a new one and the answer is "NO". 117,000 trouble free miles. I take good care of it and faithfully change the oil. 35 per gallon on the road. Sure, it is a little underpowered compared to today,s models but so what? Yes we do tend to hang onto a good car when we have it."

Solid Little Car

By on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, fantastic gas mileage!"

Cons: "It's getting old :("

"We got this car as a gift from my grandpa (he was first owner- we got it with 80k on it) and will have had it for 5 years this winter. I had it at college for 2 years after my brothers were done with it in high school. We have had to do very little maintenance on it and it has gotten me to work on my 45 mile-one way commute for the last year. Feels well built and keeps on trucking. It even does well in the winter! The gas mileage is still stellar (~35mpg, mostly hwy)- one of the reasons that I don't want to get rid of it, just because of the gas mileage! Very nice little starter car. I even have a friend who has the IDENTICAL car and he loves it just as much!"