1997 Honda Civic

Based on 1183 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Great Car even at 260,000 miles

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "Long lasting - low maintenance vehicle. Fun."

Cons: "no ashtray"

"I bought this car with 192 k on it. Aside from routine repairs, I have had no problems. The roads in Michigan finally made the front wheel fall off this summer. (I fixed the front end) But a blown head gasket is making me sell it, (pretty expensive repair for me) Already have someone to buy it though, even with the high mileage. It still gets 34 mpg, and starts right up. I loved this car."

Best deal I ever got period

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "Good mpg, cheap parts"

Cons: "squirrelly on the highway in rain or wind"

"A friend of the family sold me this car in 2007 for $1000. It still runs great with over 300K on it. It is very beat up and starting to fall apart but that is my fault. I could not afford to properly maintain it. It never let me down though and the gas mileage is great! It was a little scary to drive on the highway and it would slide around in wind and rain (I guess it was just lightweight) but I never crashed it and it was always fine at speeds under 60."

This is very durable car and great on gas

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "Good on Gas, fun to drive"

Cons: "interior its not like in BMW"

"This car is great on gas and its very durable the motor is unbelievable will never brake. I had these cars for long time and everyone knows that their value is a lot more than what they put on KBB."

I absolutely LOVE my Honda Civic!

By on Sunday, May 26, 2013

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "The gas guage moves alot when driving."

"My dad recently bought my 2000 Honda Civic Ex Coupe back at the end of November for my birthday. I'm happy to say that I love my car, and I would never trade it. It has amazing reliability and gas mileage($20 to fill up). I wish I could keep it for college, but sadly I have to get something bigger.Bring on the next Honda, 2002 Honda Accord :)"

Super reliable and great gas mileage

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "Super reliable and great mileage"

Cons: "Forgettable exterior style"

"I also bought my car new, 14 years ago. It has been largely trouble-free. Early on, they did issue a recall on the CVT transmission and replaced it but no problems with it either way. Despite the already pretty good EPA mileage rating, I routinely get 38 mpg and once when visiting family out of state and driving entirely on highways, I got 42 mpg. That's approaching what you get with a hybrid vehicle, for gosh sakes. Style-wise, it always struck me as a stodgy looking car and I very nearly went for a sporty looking Ford Fiesta recently until I came to my senses. I'm going with a 2013 HF Civic, which is the successor to the HX. The HF now gets 41 mpg. Only a few small gripes...I'm a 5'4" woman, the average height for American women. Yet when I pull the car seat up so my feet reach the pedals, I can't use the arm rest becus it's too far back. This should be fixed. Also, again an issue of proportions and height, the seat belt routinely wraps too high across my chest and sometimes feels like it's a little too close to my neck for comfort. I don't like the wheels on this car which are exposed to snow and rain. The rest of the car is so bland looking, why bother putting fancy wheels on it? It rusts out the drums and I had to replace one that was totally rusted out. The others aren't far behind."

Definitely a great vehicle!

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pros: "easy to drive, great gas mileage, trunk space"

"I've had my '99 Honda Civic LX for almost 6 years now. It's always been very reliable and comfortable. I'm sad to get rid of it soon but it's about to hit 175,000 miles and has developed a few problems that will cost more to fix than the car is actually worth now. This car has taken me on several road trips where it has always had excellent gas mileage. I've always felt safe in this car and would definitely recommend it to anyone (though you may want to upgrade to a newer model as it's 14 years old now)."

ADORED THIS CAR!

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

"I've owned this car for a year and was just in an accident and the other ladies Cadillac killed it. Can't find another for sale in my are and I'm very sad. This was a wonderful car. Great gas milage, realiable, compact but plenty of room inside, adorable car. I will miss it greatly."

Best Car ive ever owned

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "small back seat"

"I dont know if anyone else gets the gas mileage as i do, but since day one ive been getting 40 mpg which is amazing, the car is very fun to drive, its very reliable and its pretty quick for being a 1.6 liter. ive owned many different variety of cars in the past 8 years and this one has been the most reliable. im going to drive this car until the odometer turns over"

Excellent vehicle! Reliable and fun to drive.

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

"I have a 2000 Honda Civic Si. It has 144,028 miles and it still drives strong. I've taken many road trip with this and it's never failed me. I've made a list below of my personal pros and cons. Pros: Fun to drive Reliable Sporty appearance ( Si model ) 4 wheel disk brakes DOHC VTEC engine Smooth shifting transmission Very easy to work on ( mechanic ) Replacement parts are easy to find and relatively cheap. Solid built car Cons: Seating 5 people is not comfortable at all ( Si coupe ) Cup holders do not hold drinks tight, has a tendency to spill. Interior styling is plain, not exciting at all. Other than the badge and wheel nothing else is different between EX and Si ( other than engine)"

My first car- 12 years old and still going strong!

By on Friday, June 22, 2012

Pros: "Low maintenance, great mileage"

Cons: "Has been broken into a couple of times"

"I bought my 2000 Honda Civic DX coupe in 2005 from it's original owner. It only had 50,000 miles on it and was the perfect little car. Since I bought it the car has been in 2 major accidents and is still running excellent. I've always been good on maintenance and taking care of this little gem. I recently drove my car from Seattle to Phoenix with no problems whatsoever. It has always been a very reliable car, and I know that my next car will be a Honda because this one has treated me so well. The only thing I wish my car had was cruise control, power windows and locks. I bought the DX which is just the bare basics. Next time I'm buying all the bells and whistles."