1996 Honda Civic

Based on 1183 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Great Value

By on Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pros: "Mileage, Reliable, solid, folding rear seat"

Cons: "This is not a towing car."

"I am the original owner of this car. I bought it in August 1999, one model year old but never driven, and had the CD player dropped in it when CDs were a new media. I am amazed at how mechanically good this car has been. I originally planned to keep it 4-5 years, I have had it for 14! It's a family solid workhorse. Maintenance costs have been consistently reasonable I have used the "severe condition driving" maintenance portion of the manual to get this life out of this vehicle."

10 years later

By on Saturday, November 1, 2008

"I've owned this car for a decade now. I fill it with gas and oil, had to change brake-pads once, three sets of new tires, and one new battery. 100k miles later, and it's still plugging along strong. I've had people knock on my door while the vehicle was parked on the side of the road, asking if it's for sale. No matter the offer, the answer is no! Zero hassles after a decade, and getting about 42MPG avg (low 37- high 45)... just can't beat it. I'll be running this thing into the ground!"

Love her

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "42 mpg highway and 30 in town mpg. Awesome!"

Cons: "No cons"

"Have driven my honda civic from Connecticut to California 6 times and logged 110,000 miles on it. It's a 1999 and it runs like new. I would recommend this to anybody getting their first car. (personally, I like them better than the new civics)"

out standing car

By on Monday, October 9, 2017

Pros: "HONDA"

Cons: "PAINT"

"replaced, battery ,alt, brakes, tires, and engine. new engine has less than 20,000 miles,+ or -. I put about 7,500.00 of restoration into this car. We got it NEW in 1999 ."

Amazing!

By on Saturday, January 30, 2010

"I bought my car from a buy here pay here, you know how those go.. Lol. But my car has been absolutely perfect, other than a flat tire. haha. I have never had any issues with this car, I love it! I wouldn't trade it for the world, it is very reliable, and has never left me stranded like my Chrysler Cirrus, which was a piece, by the way. It's cute, comfortable, and candid. I would recommend to anyone. It has 135,000 miles on it, and is still going strong!"

Most reliable car ever!

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"I am the second owner of my 1997 Honda Civic EX. When i bought the car, it had about 55K miles on it and now it has 216,100 miles on it. Just did the usual tune up, oil change and tire rotations and this car would keep on going. Honda should call the Civic the "energy bunny"! because the civic keeps on going and going and going.... But I love this car... I don't have to do a lot of things to it and it would live forever, I swear! I don't have to buy a new transmission or engine like domestic cars, such as the ford escort or the dodge neon or the chevrolet cavalier. I would always stick to imports now!"

1996 HONDA CIVIC

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"We purchased this car new in Feb. 1996 . The car still runs & drives great ! The things we replaced the most on it were the tires & exhaust ! Things we had to replace at 245,000 brake lines ,cv shafts ( both sides ) & believe it or not the rear brakes had just over 245,00 miles on them & the cv shafts had over 245,000 miles on them ( They were ORIGINAL ! ! ! ! The best thing I can tell you is to change your oil every 3000 miles & do the timing belt ,water pump & your tune ups !! This is my dads car & he is 62 & still drives it 60-100 miles a day .He gets in it and drives to Long Island & Maine , (he said the mileage does not scare him & he is getting 38 -41 mpg on the highway ! ! !"

Honda Civic SI

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

"I Don't Have too much to say, But I just love hondas. Specially the SI I won't buy any other vehicle that is not honda or Acura. Best car's ever built They are relyable in every aspect. Thank God for a verry awsome car:))"

This car is my rock!

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "dependable, great value, economical gas mileage"

Cons: "cup holder leaves a little to be desired"

"I have traveled extensively with this car over the years. She has proven to be one of the few things in my life that I can truly rely on. Maintenance is low and little repairs over the years. She runs like a champ, and loves the highway! I would buy this model over and over again. The 4 doors give a little more room and the trunk is huge. Driveability and braking are fantastic! I am height-challenged, but this car is very easy to see over the hood and adjusts for leg-length and height of the driver. Solid like a rock!"

Best car we have owned.

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "Super car. Great gas mileage."

Cons: "Little slow power wise but who cares."

"My wife loves this car. I have repeatedly offered to buy her a new one and the answer is "NO". 117,000 trouble free miles. I take good care of it and faithfully change the oil. 35 per gallon on the road. Sure, it is a little underpowered compared to today,s models but so what? Yes we do tend to hang onto a good car when we have it."