1995 Honda Civic

Based on 480 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

BEST CAR I EVER BOUGHT!

By on Monday, August 15, 2011

Pros: "reliability"

Cons: "rust"

"owned this car for 6 years. only thing i have ever replaced was the alternator. best car for reliability. never let me down. only thing wrong with the car. it gets the usual honda rust in the rear wheel fenders."

Still running strong

By on Monday, October 25, 2010

"After almost 300k miles, this is a very reliable, smooth running little car. I often get 35+ MPG. Highly recommended!"

A FUN GAS SAVER

By on Friday, February 19, 2010

"I've had a 1995 Honda Civic EX for a year and a half and mine has over 220,000 miles on it. The engine sounds great, the seats don't squeak and the little rattles only start at 85mph. I drove it all the way up to Canada and back down to California, and the engine light didn't come on once for the 2000+ mile trip. In the time that I've owned it, I've only replaced the battery, oil, a headlight, the distributer and a clutch cylinder. I rarely even have to look at the gas gauge, I put $23 in it every week and a half and drive it to work and around town every single day. It gets at least 35 miles to the gallon highway, and is as fun to drive as any go-kart. It's not the fastest car, but it isn't the slowest either, and the acceleration is pretty good for having such a small engine and low hp & torque. I LOVE this car. I would recommend this car to any college student! Keep it stock and save on gas, or rack up the insurance and mod it - this car can take it! A+ for the Honda Civic."

good car

By on Monday, October 22, 2007

"I've had my 95 civic for 3 years. I love it! It has 153,000 miles on it and still runs like a champ! My only complaints are there aren't a lot of compartments, it's not the quickest car it starts out slow but I do 85+ on the highway no problem, and I am 5'10 all legs so I do feel bad for the person sitting behind me. But I never have to go to the gas station filling up costs me $20-25 and it has never broken down on me. No major repairs have been needed besides a water pump and a new timing belt. I would recommend this to any parent as a childs first car or anyone who needs a commuter car."

BEST CAR IVE ever owned by far

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, amazing MPG, reliable"

"The Honda Civic is a wonderful daily driver mine is still moving after 200,000 plus miles shes never let me down"

perfect but.....

By on Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pros: "light, motor swap ready .... perfect on gas"

Cons: "honda rust , suspension , and brake system..."

"awesome body sytle, not so much for performance,,,, stock"

love it

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "..........."

"pretty quick i changed my engine and transmission to jdm b18b wit gsr tranny which is acura integra engine and transmission, converted to power windows/locks and mirrors. overal i love this car"

I love this car!

By on Monday, June 21, 2010

"If you need a reliable car for everyday city/freeway driving this is a great car for you! It is comfortable, gas efficient and zippy. Its size make it feel safe but you can park in almost any space. It is low to the ground which can make getting in/out with a disability or kids challenging."

By on Friday, January 29, 2010

"I bought this used almost two years ago to use back and forth from work. It had 195000 when I bought it and it now has 225000. All I've done is change the oil a few times, and it's nothing special to look at but it still runs great and drives straight as an arrow. These cars were built to last."

Economic

By on Monday, January 18, 2010

"Gets 40-46 miles to the gallon and not a hybrid, do I need to say more? I paid $500 for mine and it has almost 200,000 miles on it, a guy is looking at buying it for $1000 as is. That's Honda Civic, that's engineering!"

my 92 sedan

By on Saturday, April 11, 2009

"have to tell you i bought this car from a inpound yard for $800. and reg. trans. was like $60. given basic maint. and a starter nothing bad i can say what so ever about honda it is my first honda and not my last great gas milage and everybody says poor performance but keep in mind the engine's disp. is 1.5 liter's less then the soda your drinking !!! deff. recomend this car and have...... thnx honda for getting me to work without taking all my money in gas"

366,000

By on Tuesday, February 5, 2008

"I had an '83 Civic coming up on 340,000 miles before it was totaled. My '93 just turned over 366,000. Extremely reliable - only routine maintenance, a few exhaust systems, front axels. I do a lot of highway driving, and consistenly got just a shade below 40 MPG in the summer and 36-37 mpg in the winter. I'm finally retiring it because it just blew a head gasket and I don't want to put the money into it at this point, but I would recommend this vehicle (or any Honda Civic)."

By FAR the BEST car I ever owned!

By on Friday, December 28, 2007

"We bought our Civic VX brand new in Oct 1992 for 12,000. Drove it off the lot with 34 miles which we put on during the test drive. First BRAND NEW car ever owned. Now at 170,000 still the best car we ever bought (7 cars later this is still the only one we "still" own.). Reliable, still getting 45+ per gallon. Normal wear and tear aside, the only thing we have ever had to replace was the O2 sensor which we gave up on because they kept burning out. Knocked our gas mileage from 50+ to 45+ something we are willing to live with at this point."

impressed

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"222000 miles no Issues"

Excellent, long lasting Car

By on Wednesday, October 3, 2007

"I've had this car since graduating high school in '05 and have put on an additional 45000 miles bringing the total to 240,000 miles. Nearly a quarter million, no typo. Since I bought it, I've serviced it myself on a regular basis, and with the exception of break wear and coolant line degradation from salty off-road racing, has never had any mechanical problems. The Civic still gets about 28 mpg in the stop and race traffic of Orlando, and about 40 mpg on the highway at 85 mph. Being a light car it accelerates like no other (despite the low 105 hp engine) and handles beautifully. For a college student or someone looking for a first car, there's nothing better -especially when you buy it for 800 dollars (heck, your insurance for six months costs more than that!)."

Make this one your own!

By on Thursday, August 30, 2007

"The great thing about civics is not just the great gas milage, or sporty look. It's the fact that you have such a option to make the car your own. With many companies supporting after market parts. Or if thats not your thing, you can always find a part for them from anywhere since they are a very common car. Overall, i've yet to see a car with so much to offer!"

1995 Civic

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"What a great time it has been owning this car. I have had it for 13 years and 117,000 miles. The only out of regular service issue I had was the O2 sensor. I am having a hard time selling this car since my company bought me a company car. Honda has taken engineering to a great level. I bought it for $10K in 1994 and it is still worth $4K in 2007. Great car!"

Keeps going and going

By on Sunday, August 19, 2007

"I have had my car since it was new in 1994. Now with almost 250K on it, still have the original clutch and rear brakes. I have recently had to replace the coolant hoses (how come they only lasted 13 years?? LOL), front pads, A/C clutch locked up, clutch master cylinder leaked and replaced it, second replacement battery, oil changes/ spark plugs etc. Thats pretty much it. Cost of ownership, is mostly gas for 250K miles and initial price. Oh, I did break the driver's seat a while back, just replaced it with leather ones from an Integra. I will keep it for my kids to drive, unless too many more wacko drivers try to demolish it while I am at stop signs, now that is a story! Can't go wrong with one of these if it has been maintained correctly."

Difficult car to let go!

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2007

"I've had my car for 9 yrs. Got it w/ 120K and I'm up to 271K (original motor). Cheap to maintain, great on gas, and holds its resale value. This car is extremely reliable. Rarely breaks down and usually inexpensive to repair. You can go to the moon and back with this ride and still have gas to spare. I'm getting older and want to buy a different car, but having a difficult time deciding whether or not to sell it. I love this car and I can't find any good reason to sell it other than I could use the money to put down on another one. Maybe I'll slap a new paint job on it and swap the engine when it dies...if it ever does. It seems to last forever. Think I'll hold on to it for 1 more year."

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"My civic has over 320,000 miles on it. I have had offers to buy it but I wont let it go."

Fun great car for value.

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "mpg comforbillity fun"

"This car is very practical and can be very fun, great mpg and with a little work you can make it pretty quick."

GOOD RELIABLE VEHCILE FOR THE PRICE.

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Good gas milage"

Cons: "minor things mentioned about"

"LOOKS AND RUNS GOOD FOR A 1995 HONDA. SIMPLE THINGS WRONG WITH WITH. DRIVERS WINDOW IS SLIGHTLY OFF TRACK DOESN'T GO ALL THE WAY UP WITH OUT HELP. Sliding moon roof is a little slow might be the motor or might need to be greased up (im assuming it needs some maintenance/grease will clean it and apply some tomorrow. I'm sure it will fix it). Hood didn't latch without help of moving spring back, a little wd40 help and fixed that. alignment OFF, PULLS TO THE RIGHT. drivers side quarter panel has a little dent in it. brakes work good. slight squeaked on the rear drivers side spring/shock. Only new part added was an o2 sensor. clutch is a little sensitive. Good gas millage. One of the better cars i have owned out of about 10 different vehicles. I would have to rank this car 3rd. (#1) 1995 bmw 325i, (#2) 1990 chevy caprice V8 305, (#3) 1995 honda civic ex 2dr coupe. Would recommend if you find one in good condition adult owned and not beat or abused up by a kid."

They don't make 'em like this anymore.

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pros: "Compact, great MPG, sharp looking, fun drive!"

Cons: "Quarter panel rust is common, but it's old."

"I have a 1995 Civc DX manual trans which doesn't even come with power steering and it is still my favorite. It's rugged and reliable. It goes great in the snow even when my tires are horrible haha. I would keep this car forever if I could."

Honda Civics rock!

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "Easy to handle, great gas mileage"

Cons: "none, really"

"This car has been excellent ever since it was bought. Only minor (maintanence) repairs and absolutely awesome gas mileage!"

By on Friday, May 7, 2010

"I have owned this car for the last 6 years and have been very satisfied it. I haven't had any major issues. I have made 2 1000 mile trips with it. The handling is sporty. Everything works fine! I live in a region with snow and wind and yet it handles fine. The interior is top quality. The manual clutch is amazing."