1994 Honda Civic

Based on 480 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

Awesome Little Car

By on Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"We've had this car for 15 years and it has served us well at 208,000 miles. It still gets 38 mpg and keeps on going. Absolutely love this car."

Outstanding

By on Saturday, July 3, 2010

"Had this car for 5 years. Bought with 87,000 miles. A/C is cold, comfortable and stylish. Gets 38mpg too, which is better than the new ones. Acceleration is Great. One of the best import for taking corners at 80mph. Small but great on long trips. plenty of room and great for weaving into tight places in traffic"

Good relaible car

By on Friday, February 12, 2010

"1995 DX coupe bought mine over a year ago. The only thing I have had to do is oil change and thermostat. It is very sporty and has alot of go. The air cond does not work so good when it is really hot, like when you really need it. mechanic says there is nothing wrong with it. It might be just my car, or me."

14.5 Years and Counting

By on Friday, February 12, 2010

"Had this car since 1995. No Major problem's except a new ignition, but I'm pretty sure the shop just ripped me off. Use this for the 800 mile round trip from college to home, and it works like a champion."

By on Tuesday, January 5, 2010

"I have had this car for about 2 years, and I love it! it is about 100 miles away from 200,000 miles, and it runs better than anything. Only things that needed replaced where the clutch(first time manual driver...), battery.even in the wyoming winters(which can be -30, and a foot of snow, my car does awesome!"

'93 honda civic LX

By on Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"Bought it at 130K miles for 3 grand 7 years ago. In seven years I put 35K miles on it and during the whole time I owned it it did burn a little oil. I purchased it that way not knowing it did burn oil. Not a fast car, not a real comfy car. Especially for me since I am 6'6" 300 pounds. But it will get you where you need to go. Didn't have to do much as far as repairs, it held up pretty good for me. Only money I put in it was tires and a battery. At 165K miles it dropped a cyclinder and its not worth repairing due to its age. I would recommend it for work car or a student car. I have a family so it is not for me anymore. In the market now for another reliable, bigger car, a Jeep Cherokee. Otherwise I would get another one of these."

good car

By on Monday, September 21, 2009

"no power but it has been a very depandable car for me"

92 cx hatch

By on Saturday, July 11, 2009

"I'm a vw driver who hasn't liked honda until my gti vr6 had to go due to major trans problems beyond my wallet size. I bought my hatch to save on gas this summer while i save for an old school gti and this civic has been treating me outstanding. It has 300,000 miles on it stock trans stock motor and starts without delay and runs fine. Though i feel like i'm trying to drive a toaster up a hill when i need to drive on inclines. With gas over $3.00 by me I can put $20 in the tank and drive EVERYWHERE ALL DAY for 6 to 7 days!!! I wish you could see the cobwebs in my gas filler! But due to the extremely high rate of honda theft, I am looking foward to getting this car off my hands as soon as possible before someone else does it for me..."

Reliable!!!!

By on Friday, April 3, 2009

"This car has given me no trouble at all all i have done is change the oil, tranmission fluid timing belt, and spark plugs at suggested milage intervals never given me a problem just put gas in it and drive"

1993 vx

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"I bought this car new in 1993 and it currently has 265,000 miles on it. I have averaged 48 mpg with this 49 state version of the vx hatchback over this time. Reliability has been outstanding."

best car to tune

By on Saturday, February 14, 2009

"my civic has been past down from my dad down to me this is my first car and i thikn this is the best first car some one can give there kid becuase of how easy it is to drive. I also like how much you can put in this car to make it a better and fast car. The best thing about this car is the amzing gas millage. i currently had about 200,000 miles on it and it still runs like new"

Great car

By on Thursday, January 8, 2009

"I purchased this car as a beater in 2003 for $2K. The car had 150000 miles on it than and now I have 205000. The previous owners didn't maintain the car well, so I changed all of the fluids, the belts, and put in a new clutch. The battery was replaced last year. I have nothing but good things to say about this car. Great fuel economy, decent handling, and extremely dependable."

Great car

By on Saturday, December 20, 2008

"Honda is know for its excellent reliablilty and value holding. This car is a perfect example. I have 104,000 miles on it which is pretty low for being a 94 but I have seen plenty upwards of 200,000 miles running fine. My only complaint would be lack of performance. For the size of the motor its actually great but 102HP and 98ft lbs isnt real thrilling when you step on it. Something more like the B-series out of an integra would be a nice swap to do but none the less its a great car to own."

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"I bought my Civic in '03 w/ 116K miles for $2k. I drive it for 5 years and ended up w/ 300K miles. Only major problem was a broken timing belt left me stranded once. Great car! Excellent mileage and fun to drive (exept in the snow!)"

great car

By on Monday, November 17, 2008

"i bought this car two years ago with 155k on it. now it has 169k on it. not the most comfortable, but it drives great, starts every time. just took it on a road trip and got 38.75 miles per gallon at 90 MPH. buy a car like this, andyou'll sing praises"

Great Reliable Car

By on Thursday, November 6, 2008

"I got this 92 Civic Used at 186K and it has 217k now a year later and the only thing wrong is the typical rust areas needing repair but it gets 36-42 MPG HWY."

owned 3

By on Sunday, September 28, 2008

"I've onwed 3 hatchbacks since '03, one '94 CX flew off a 30' cliff and landed on it's roof car was totalled, i came out with scratches mostly from crawling out off the cayon that it landed in. The 2nd a '93 hatchback si sporty and reliable could red line that engine all day and still get 30 mpg give or take a few mpg. Last but not least '92 CX 217K original engine have not replaced anything other than a battery and a driver window ,the window as a matter of fact was because some body tried to steal it. Have succeeded once tried 3 in the last 2 years but that's a hole different story. I had a blast this year specially this summer when gas prices was 4.50 for 87 octane in so-cal. Loved to pull up to an expedition a Tahoe pump my ten gallons and go while they had to take a seat because of there light headed feeling (pain at the pump). needless to say i love Honda and will continue to own one looking into the newer models now. Oh yeah the ironic part of my story is that I'm GM mechanic."

Good, reliable car

By on Sunday, September 14, 2008

"I've owned my car for almost a year, and i love it. It gets great gas mileage (on occasion over 40 mpg), which is great for today's economy. Once, I was backed into, but the car's bumper is plastic and popped the dent out itself without any body work...you can barely tell that anything happened to it. I haven't had any real problems, only thing is i can't change my own oil cause it's too low to the ground...I love my car. :)"

Best Car Ever

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"After 15yrs & 280k miles, this car runs just like new. All repairs have been routine maintenance and normal wear and tear. So far it only costs be 1 clutch, 2 radiators, 2 sets front pads, 1 front rotors, 1 rear brake shoes, 1 clutch master cylinder, 1 oil pan, 3 timing belts, tires last every 40k miles. Car's been slightly modified. Lower springs, shocks, roll bars, strut bars, CAI, header, JDM racing rims. When equip with summer tires, it out-handles many high end luxury/ sport cars. AND IT RETURNS ME WITH COMBINED 37 MPG. I love this car. The only nagging thing is my neighbor keeps bugging me to sell it to him. The answer is: Never."

Love this car

By on Thursday, May 22, 2008

"I have owned 5 of these cars. i customise them and they are very nice and easy to work on. if you take care of them they will run almost forever. also they are cheap to make fast and still fuel efficient."

Long Term Civic owner

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"After 239,000 miles I feel qualified to rate this car. It has been the best Civic I have owned thus far (I have owned seven). My wife currently drives an '07 Civic LX. My 1995 Civic DX 4-door sedan 5-speed has been absolutely reliable for 13 years and still gets ~40 mpg."

It's a civic, don't expect too much.

By on Thursday, May 15, 2008

"Great car for the daily grind... Relatively comfortable, good gas mileage, and for the most part reliable. It is a civic, very well know, so not much needs to be said about them. Great commute vehicle, but the seats can become very uncomfortable after 3-5 hours."

Affordable car.

By on Monday, May 12, 2008

"I purchased my honda civic used with 120,000 miles on it. Two weeks later the the auto tranny went out. But the good news is, with Japanese Domestic market you can get used low mileage engines and trannys cheap. I also had the main crank pulley bolt break off going down the highway and the AC quit. Car must have been abused in its former life. Good mileage ~34 city ~37 freeway. No problems for the last few years, still running at 187,000miles."

rated 42 city 52 hwy

By on Sunday, May 4, 2008

"Very reliable transportation (it's a Honda) owned for 14 years. Originally rated at 42 city 52 hwy when the speed limit was 55. Can now do 38 city 50 hwy with ethanol diluted gas. Great commute car. Noisy on the hwy and low power at certain RPMs, but glad I never sold it as gas prices are edging up towards 4 bucks a gallon for regular."

92HondaLX

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"I got this car from one of my good customers. He got it from his grandmother, who always maintained it. He drove it until it got a burnt valve and he was just going to sell it to the wrecking yard for 300 bucks. (GET YOUR VALVES ADJUSTED!!!!) I gave him 350 for the car with a dead cyl. Spent a day doing 80 bucks worth of head work and have been driving the car for the last 4 years. I now have almost 200K on the thing. Runs and performs flawlessly. Maintain your vehicles and they will last forever. Who cares how many miles they have!!!!;-) Why buy a new one? Fix your payed off car.... Oh yeah, still has the "new" Honda battery that his grandmother had put in from the dealer right before he got it. Great mileage. 30-35 MPG... My sister has a similar honda. She paid it off and has put minimal money into it. We love em'!!!! Out of the 6 cars I own. This is the most dependable. Followed by my Toyota.."