2009 Honda Accord

8.2

Based on 1114 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

It has been a great car!

By on Sunday, May 3, 2015

Pros: "Very sporty looking and fun to drive."

Cons: "Seats could've used more cushion. No blue tooth."

"It has been a great car. The LX-P was the sporty model Accord Sedan. Adding the wing spoiler on the trunk lid really set it off. It handles really well and has been fun to drive. I've been driving it for five years and a little older, so I'm ready for a car with some of the newer options."

almost perfict for the price

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "almost perfict"

Cons: "more 1200 rpm power would make it perfict"

"2010 Accord Coupe, EXL 4 cyl, automatic. 4 cyl a little down on power from a dead start with the automatic. When it gets moving its perfect in every way. Love the MPG. On trips (500+ miles), driving the speed limit, (70, 75), I get 34+ to as much as 37 mpg."

Great car, very reliable and practical.

By on Sunday, November 10, 2013

"The car has been a joy to own. I will be buying another one next year. Highly recommended.. Repairs have consisted of oil changes, tire rotation, air filters-that is it. Coming from European brands with high repair and maintenance bills, this car has been a pleasant change. Now I know why so many of these cars are sold."

great car

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "tons its a honda"

Cons: "performance from the 4cyl model"

"great car 4 cyl is lacking in performance i had a 2006 tc before this accord figured with the accord having 30 more hp it would at least be equal in performance to my old tc boy was i wrong this is a great family car great on gas and very economical but if u want even a hint of performance go for the v6 which adds another 90 hp to the 4cyls performance and def brings this family sedan into a diffrent performance class 4 cyl does 0-60 in 7.9 sec the v6 does it in 6.5 so there is a noticible diffrence other wise not much bad to say about the car very relaible very smmoth to drive and looks great esp with the face life for the 2011 and 2012 models if your trying to decide on a good priced mid level sadan id def say consider the honda accord"

Sporty Affordable Sedan

By on Sunday, July 21, 2013

Pros: "Quality interior materials, Great MPGs for a V6"

Cons: "V6 power doesnt feel as powerful as specs indicate"

"My 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan is a beautiful car with great quality materials, especially the interior. The V6 gets surprising great MPGs but lacks useable power I expected from a V6 rated at over 270 horsepower. You really have 4 cylinder type power until you get the RPMs over 5K and then the V6 runs like a mad dog. Nice and roomy interior and trunk space for a midsize car, I am 6'2'' and over 220lbs and I have more than enough space. Super smooth automatic transmission! Seats feel sporty but not as plush as some might like for long trips."

Don't understand complaints...

By on Friday, November 2, 2012

"I don't understand why people are complaining about road noise? I hear the radio just fine, I think the volume gets loud at just level 7 which isn't very high. Every weekend I bring friends and family to my apartment in Boston, they always fall asleep in the back--and its not late at night. So the road noise can't be that loud if they fall asleep so quickly 1/4 of the way there. And even when I'm talking to my passengers (while their awake), we hear each other fine without shouting. I for one am soft spoken and they hear me just fine when we talk to another."

great car with honda glitch exception

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, great acceleration, stylish design"

Cons: "third gear grind/pop-out, navi software design"

after a good detail

"Sleek and stylish car. Great features. Although there is two exceptions: the third gear grind/pop-out in the v6 6speed MT and the honda navigation software layout. If honda can be honest and put out a TSB for the 09-10 for this MT problem I will be impressed. They did it for the 08's but I suppose they deny the problem exists after that year. The engine is top notch, but Honda can't do transmissions. Also, I am use to Garmin navigation. The Honda version of navigation is OK. Jeep has Garmin for their choice of navigation software. If I have to pay $145 every three years to keep the navigation going, I just wish it was as user friendly as Garmin."

after a good detail

Fun to drive with reasonable fuel economy

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "Great looking car. A lot of fun to drive"

Cons: "Remote start should come standard with navigation"

"I have had my accord coupe for almost two years and I still love it. It is a very good looking car that is fun to drive. I have the v6 model with leather and navigation. It is great for some one of smaller stature because all of the controls are easily within reach. The trunk is surprisingly large, and the back seats fold down easily for extra room, I fit a 20 inch bike in mine. I enjoy owning this car and will probably have it for several more years."

chips

By on Thursday, July 29, 2010

"This is my third honda. I have driven this car for 8 months. The exterior looks like its 10 years old. the paint is chipping off every where. the front light is cracked. I was told is impossible since its plastic, The window tinting is coming off on all windows. I heard that honda a a bad paint lot and did not recall the cars with this paint or have they stood behind the complaints. I love the car but cannot believe Honda wont make good with the owerners whoes accords are leaving paint where ever they go. Even the front crome has holes in it. The dealer is going to look at the car I hope the outcome is positve ."

What Next

By on Monday, June 1, 2009

"Honda Accord EX With 6,800 miles had to have the valve guide seals replaced on #3 cylinder. Stranded me 100 miles from home. Honda Corp. was not much help. Not impressed. This is my first Honda. Not sure if I will keep it. What will break next. Don't like the constant shifting back and forth of the ECO engine between 3 and 6 cylinders."