2009 Honda Accord

8.2

Based on 1104 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

almost perfict for the price

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "almost perfict"

Cons: "more 1200 rpm power would make it perfict"

"2010 Accord Coupe, EXL 4 cyl, automatic. 4 cyl a little down on power from a dead start with the automatic. When it gets moving its perfect in every way. Love the MPG. On trips (500+ miles), driving the speed limit, (70, 75), I get 34+ to as much as 37 mpg."

Awesome car

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

"Car is in excellent condition. Very nice and comfortable ride. Heated leather seats. Sun roof. One owner never smoked in. Very well taken care of."

Great car, very reliable and practical.

By on Sunday, November 10, 2013

"The car has been a joy to own. I will be buying another one next year. Highly recommended.. Repairs have consisted of oil changes, tire rotation, air filters-that is it. Coming from European brands with high repair and maintenance bills, this car has been a pleasant change. Now I know why so many of these cars are sold."

great car

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "tons its a honda"

Cons: "performance from the 4cyl model"

"great car 4 cyl is lacking in performance i had a 2006 tc before this accord figured with the accord having 30 more hp it would at least be equal in performance to my old tc boy was i wrong this is a great family car great on gas and very economical but if u want even a hint of performance go for the v6 which adds another 90 hp to the 4cyls performance and def brings this family sedan into a diffrent performance class 4 cyl does 0-60 in 7.9 sec the v6 does it in 6.5 so there is a noticible diffrence other wise not much bad to say about the car very relaible very smmoth to drive and looks great esp with the face life for the 2011 and 2012 models if your trying to decide on a good priced mid level sadan id def say consider the honda accord"

Sporty Affordable Sedan

By on Sunday, July 21, 2013

Pros: "Quality interior materials, Great MPGs for a V6"

Cons: "V6 power doesnt feel as powerful as specs indicate"

"My 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan is a beautiful car with great quality materials, especially the interior. The V6 gets surprising great MPGs but lacks useable power I expected from a V6 rated at over 270 horsepower. You really have 4 cylinder type power until you get the RPMs over 5K and then the V6 runs like a mad dog. Nice and roomy interior and trunk space for a midsize car, I am 6'2'' and over 220lbs and I have more than enough space. Super smooth automatic transmission! Seats feel sporty but not as plush as some might like for long trips."

great car with honda glitch exception

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, great acceleration, stylish design"

Cons: "third gear grind/pop-out, navi software design"

after a good detail

"Sleek and stylish car. Great features. Although there is two exceptions: the third gear grind/pop-out in the v6 6speed MT and the honda navigation software layout. If honda can be honest and put out a TSB for the 09-10 for this MT problem I will be impressed. They did it for the 08's but I suppose they deny the problem exists after that year. The engine is top notch, but Honda can't do transmissions. Also, I am use to Garmin navigation. The Honda version of navigation is OK. Jeep has Garmin for their choice of navigation software. If I have to pay $145 every three years to keep the navigation going, I just wish it was as user friendly as Garmin."

after a good detail

Fun to drive with reasonable fuel economy

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "Great looking car. A lot of fun to drive"

Cons: "Remote start should come standard with navigation"

"I have had my accord coupe for almost two years and I still love it. It is a very good looking car that is fun to drive. I have the v6 model with leather and navigation. It is great for some one of smaller stature because all of the controls are easily within reach. The trunk is surprisingly large, and the back seats fold down easily for extra room, I fit a 20 inch bike in mine. I enjoy owning this car and will probably have it for several more years."

chips

By on Thursday, July 29, 2010

"This is my third honda. I have driven this car for 8 months. The exterior looks like its 10 years old. the paint is chipping off every where. the front light is cracked. I was told is impossible since its plastic, The window tinting is coming off on all windows. I heard that honda a a bad paint lot and did not recall the cars with this paint or have they stood behind the complaints. I love the car but cannot believe Honda wont make good with the owerners whoes accords are leaving paint where ever they go. Even the front crome has holes in it. The dealer is going to look at the car I hope the outcome is positve ."

What Next

By on Monday, June 1, 2009

"Honda Accord EX With 6,800 miles had to have the valve guide seals replaced on #3 cylinder. Stranded me 100 miles from home. Honda Corp. was not much help. Not impressed. This is my first Honda. Not sure if I will keep it. What will break next. Don't like the constant shifting back and forth of the ECO engine between 3 and 6 cylinders."

2008 Accord EXL

By on Thursday, April 23, 2009

"We've had this car about 1.5 years and have been very pleased. A great value for the money. Handles very well, great acceleration and styling. Only complaints, we had to replace rear brake pads at 19K miles and a little more road noise that I like. Overall, a wonderful car."

Great Value for all of the Safety Features

By on Thursday, February 26, 2009

"I picked up an '08 LX-P MT in May, 2008 and have 18K miles on it. I have been impressed with the vehicle having no rattles and hwy fuel economy at 34 mpg. Car drives well in snow and icy conditions, stability control saved me at least once. I liked chassis safety features so much, I bought an AT for my 16 yr. old daughter to drive."

Honda All The Way

By on Thursday, December 25, 2008

"I traded in my 2005 Scion TC MT with 57,000 miles for a new '09 Accord EX 4-door AT. I was going to buy an '08, but the difference in price between an '08 and '09 was so negligible that it made more sense to go with the '09. Overall, I love the car. It is built like a tank, but it turns on a dime. My grandfather says my Accord handles better than his Mercedes S430. I think it handles better than my mother's 2004 Acura TSX or my father's 2008 Chevy Malibu LTZ. The gas mileage in my Accord is better than my TC. The seats are very firm but comfortable. The car is also faster than my TC (which is 500 lbs. lighter)-and I have the 190 hp 4-cylinder. My only complaints are a few omissions that should be included in a 25,000.00 vehicle. 1. Trip computer-if Hyundai includes a trip computer in the Elantra, Honda can include one in the Accord. 2. External temperature gauge-My TC had an external temperature gauge, and that car listed for 16,000.00. 3. The 160 watt stereo is very weak. All EX models should have the 270 watt stereo. All in all, I think the Accord is a great vehicle. I plan on keeping this car for a very long time. Sure I could have bought a Sonata or a Fusion with more equipment for less money, but long term, I wouldn't have been as happy. The Camry was never an option for me because it is too bland, and I did not consider the Altima because of the lack of Traction Control or Stability Control with the 4-cylinder."

2008 ACCORD EX-L 4CYL

By on Thursday, November 13, 2008

"NO BLUETOOTH NO PASSENGER POWER SEAT NO HOME LINK FOR GARAGE DOOR. NO REAR A/C OTHER WISE THE CAR IS EXTREMLY GOOD VERY RESPONSIVE. LOW INTERIOR NOISE, GOOD GAS MILEAGE, AND BUILT SOLID."

disappointed with MPG

By on Monday, August 4, 2008

"I'm very disappointed with this car as far as MPG and speed up a hill. As far as looks, the interior is nice, even the exterior is nice, however, I'm disappointed in the performance of this car. I have the 2008 4 clinder Accord with Navi. I have to press the gas hard to get it up the hill (burning more gas). And the car is loud, you can also hear wind noise on the highway. The salesman told me they will fix the minor noise problem, plus a scratch on the car but haven't yet. I have been to the Honda dealer just about every week since I purchased because the car steering wheel was shaking when I would get up 45. The steering wheel still shakes a little not as much as before. But now I feel like the steering wheel is harder to turn than before. The car is nice looking but not good on performance. Look at other cars before you buy this car."

Great car!

By on Sunday, July 6, 2008

"I've always been a truck guy, only owned 2 cars in my life, but once gas hit $4 it was time for a change. I couldn't be happier! I bought the LX-P 4cyl. Great gas mileage and unbelievable options, even for the less expensive models. Best money I've ever spent. It's gonna save me a fortune!"

Excellent car

By on Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"I just finished up a 2000 mile road trip, and this was easily the most comfortable trip I've ever taken in a car. Between the XM Radio, BlueTooth, Navigation, and trip computer, there were plenty of gadgets to keep me awake and interested the entire time. The paint seems more durable than anything I've ever experienced as well. I've had the car for almost 3 months and still don't have any scratches or chips, even after the road trip. The nav works great and is fairly simple to use."

What a great car

By on Monday, June 2, 2008

"I owned my EX-L with Navigation and V-6 for about 9 months now. What a great car. No mechanical problems what so ever. Overall mileage is around 24 and on trips I have had it up to 27MPG doing 75 MPH. V-6 is quite fast. Just touch the gas pedal and you are passing everything in sight. Quiet and smooth ride. Good trunk space. Love the idea that the rear seat can fold down although I haven't used that feature yet. Researched everything in this class before buying and found nothing to comare."

By on Monday, May 19, 2008

"Great car, good fuel economy, confortable."

Love this car

By on Monday, May 5, 2008

"I was planning to purchase another SUV and had looked at several of the new SUV. While I was looking at the CRV, I decided to look at the Accord, I fell in love with how well it drove and handled. I have only had my red coupe for a few weeks, but would not trade it. I drive back and forth about 168 miles to see my kids and it is such a pleasure. I would recommend it highly."

One of best vehicle I have owned

By on Tuesday, April 8, 2008

"More road noise than I expected. Excellent economy. Seating comfortable and excellent visability. Very good ride and handling. Plenty of rear legroom. Overall quality excellent."

My 1st ever Honda

By on Monday, April 7, 2008

"This is my 1st Honda I've ever owned. this is an AMAZING automobile. It is easier to state what this car is missing, because it has just about everything one would want in a car. IF the automatic transmission had the ability to go to "sport mode" like the altima, that would be nice. V6, leather booming stereo, controls on steering wheel, well made interior, great rear passenger room. I can go on, just take it for a drive, you'll love it. bd"

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, April 4, 2008

"I have the Accord Coupe EX-L with the 4 cylinder. I am impressed with the power and comfort of this car. It's Nighthawk Black with the wing spoiler, body side molding, 18 inch tires, and fog lights,all season floor mats, molded trunk mat, all added. It gets a lot of looks. On the minus side, Honda continues to have a problem with road noise, but not quite as bad as it used to be."

08 Accord EX-L

By on Saturday, March 29, 2008

"I traded in my 03 4-runner and I am so happy with my trade. This car is so comfortable and full of luxury without losing its stlye and options. I didn't get the navi because I have a Garmin but I have every other option and I love it!!!! It took about 1500 miles before I started to see the good gas milage, but I recently got 459 miles to the tank. I added a spoiler and it gives it that extra special look. I cannot stress how much I love this car!!!"

Outstanding value & fun drive

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"Love the styling, power, and precision handling of my '08 LX-S Coupe. Using a light foot, I'm getting excellent average mileage of 28 mpg combined city/highway with the 2.4 cyl./automatic. Interior is spacious, airy, and quiet with intuitive controls. Multi-adjustable seating and steering wheel creates a perfect driving position. Roomy trunk, too. The entire package is way cool!"

Very happy with the 2008!

By on Sunday, March 9, 2008

"This is my 5th Honda & 3rd Accord - I bought the car, an LX-P 4 door Auto, the first week they were released. I've put 13,000 miles on, as I travel for work and I've found the car to be so comfortable. Gas mileage is excellent, especially given the size of the car. I love that I can travel 500 miles on a tank of gas before re-fueling. The dials/controls are very easy to reach. Though the radio preset buttons are very small."