2009 Honda Accord

8.2

Based on 1105 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Will always stick to Honda's

By on Friday, October 19, 2012

Pros: "Gas milage, Handing, Comfort, Visibility, Value"

Cons: "Wish it came with Bluetooth Standard"

"This is the second Honda that I have purchased. I owned a 2010 Honda Civic Coupe previously which was a great car, I just needed to upgrade to something bigger with four doors. I drive back and forth to Boston everyday with friends and lots of building models (needed more trunk space too). I thought why not try out the Accord? I took a 2012 Accord SE for a test drive and immediately knew this was the one to purchase. I had test drove the 2012 Kia Optima because of the looks, but was disappointed with the driving dynamics and cheap interior. The steering felt to artificial and was horrible on the highway--I had to constantly keep the car straight in the lane, it seemed to move side to side like a boat. The Accord on the other hand cruises on the highway with no problem. The cars steering stays on center and the engine keeps up to speed with no hesitation. The car has great visibility and the leather heated seats are very comfortable with excellent arch support to keep me from slouching. I love the audio system, has good sound quality and it came with a USB cable to plug in my iPod. The handling is also great and the ride is very smooth. It doesn't go everywhere when hitting potholes, you barely even feel them. I'm not sure how good it is on the snow yet, but will find out soon. My Civic was actually pretty good on the snow so I'm assuming this one should be better since it's higher off the ground (another plus). For the price I paid, this car was worth it. I only lost $3,500 on my Civic and got about $4500 off the sticker price because the 2013's were coming out."

Let down

By on Saturday, August 3, 2013

Pros: "Great power adn handling"

Cons: "Brake issues adn transmission issues ignored by Ho"

"Previously we had Toyotas (Camry & Corolla), now have the 08 Accord & 07 Civic Si. Thee Accord is somewhat disappointing, I love the power, performance, and how it handles turns. It ends there, the leather is cracking, it is kept inside and conditioner applied semi annually. The arm rest cover is wrinkled, and lots of fitment rattles. There have been transmission issues and brake issues, Honda claims is normal. That should not be normal and will probably buy Toyota again next itme"

Love this car!

By on Friday, June 8, 2012

Pros: "Great value for the dollar."

Cons: "Haven't found one yet."

"I love this car. We own 4 Hondas. Two Civics, and two Accords. They are reliable, have great resale and feel like they are screwed together by eye surgeons. Love the quality. Gas mileage on the Accords is 27 to 33 in town and 38 on the highway. They are tight and responsive. I will never buy anything but a Honda."

poor quality. honda has lost it's touch

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "looks nice"

Cons: "the amount og recalls that have been made"

"since the car has been purchased there has been 3 or 4 recalls. Now the car is having electical problems with the locks. I have friends that have all bought the 09 or 10 accord and all are having verious problems. my Family has had 7 honda's in total, we have always loved the vehicles and they have always lasted BUT I have been so disappointed with the quailty in both the 09 and 10 accord. I will not being Buying a honda again after this vehicle."

BEST CAR I EVER OWNED!!!

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

"I've owned 20 cars in my lifetime, and, without any doubt whatsoever, this is the BEST vehicle that I have ever owned!! 28 city, 34 plus highway (with the air on!) - 4 cyl version. Navigation, blue tooth hands free phone, heated drivers and passenger seats, 6 disk cd changer, satellite radio, heated mirrors, mp3 player and the coupe is a great looking car, very sleek and well designed!"

The wind and road noise was bad .

By on Saturday, March 2, 2013

Reason: Road noise, wind noise

Pros: "Nice looking car"

Cons: "Road and wind noise"

"Loved likes and style of your Accord 2012 ex-L , but the road noise was to much and we had to sold the car. So disappointed, we exactly bought the car on the facts. "it was. A honda Accord " but it failed ."

Just ok

By on Wednesday, November 21, 2012

"To be fair, I only bought this car for the gas mileage which I'm not disappointed with (gets a consistant 30.5 mpg) and because I love the brand. I haven't owned a sedan in 10 years and I don't care for them. That said, it's not a wow vehicle for sure but either was the price. I own a 2009 Pilot Touring and that's a wow vehicle, of course the price reflects that. My Pilot is the best vehicle I've ever owned, I also love my Ridgeline. The Accord has a lot to be desired. There's a lot of road noise, mediocre interior and it doesn't seem to have the quality of my previous 2003 Accord. The exterior styling is attractive and overall I like it better than the Ford Fusion I test drove. I don't regret the purchase for what I needed it for but I've only had it 3 months and I already can't wait to get rid of it. It has some annoying features as does all Hondas: the doors re-lock themselves after unlocking them. I was told by the dealer there's nothing they can do to re-program that horrible feature. I don't know about you but when I hit the unlock button I want the doors to stay unlocked until I lock them. The keyless entries also never work right and I've had them "fixed", now have to get them replaced. My battery also died right when I bought it (with 29k miles on it), same thing happened with my Pilot. The dealer offered free new batteries but I don't expect this to happen with certified Hondas, that's why I bought Hondas. It does have nice pick up for a 4 cylinder, no need for the gas guzzling V6 and I like the standard safety features. All in all I think this is a better car than the American brands but I wouldn't buy another one."

The Best Car I Have Ever Owned!

By on Sunday, August 5, 2012

Pros: "Love the gas Mileage"

"I have had used cars all mylife.85 BMW my first car,95 ford taurus, and my last one 2001 ford taurus. After working at Honda dealer for one year, i knew I wanted an accord just didnt want a car payment at that time. Got new job working at a BMW Dealer and decided to purchase 2012 Honda Accord. Best car i have owned so far. Love the gas mileage i get I drive at least 100 miles a day home to work."

BEST CAR!

By on Monday, July 30, 2012

Pros: "Great quality at a reasonable, competitive price"

Cons: "I didnt get it sooner!"

"Everything from fit and finish to driveability to comfort and quality! The best car I have ever owned - and I've owned a bunch...."

4 cyl EX

By on Friday, December 5, 2008

"My husband & I trade off driving our 08 Honda Accord EX 4 cyl and our 07 Tahoe. We originally got it when I was commuting 50 miles one way to work to save on gas. This is the second Honda that we have owned and have nothing buy positive things to say. We have had it for about 8 months and we live in south Louisiana. We average 30 mpg and I don't really notice the road noise or flickering headlights that others have commented on, not to say they aren't there, but I have not noticed it. I opted for cloth seats in this one is because I did not like the puckered look of the leather seats. I find them to be comfortable and my 6'2" husband has not complained either. Overall, I think we made a great decision and love our Accord"

Long Time Honda Accord Driver

By on Monday, November 21, 2016

Pros: "Best Accord Ever"

"We have owned many Accord's through the years, and this is the best one ever. It took a little time to get used to the larger size, but came to like it. However, Honda returned to the smaller Accord in later years, and we also own a 2014 Accord. I have never grown tired of driving the 2008 and still prefer it to our 2014. With 100K miles on it, the front brakes are still the original ones. When it leaves us, I will be very sad."

A Perfect car if you have only one car

By on Thursday, May 21, 2015

"I used to have a coupe civic 2006 before this, that car had more driving dynamics, joy of driving, etc, and was way better on gas, it was also good for mid range trips, but the rear passengers were not very comfortable getting on and off the car. This Accord, offer way more space, has a way higher, smoother drive, but not that great on gas, and also is less maneuverable on ramps and sharp curves! But put 4 people in it, with all the luggage you can imagine, sit there and drive for 4-5 hours straight! You won't be tired when you get off, and the tank is still half! the gas mileage is great on high ways (I think around 34, yeah not civic, but still great!)"

No Problems whatsoever

By on Saturday, May 16, 2015

"I purchased this car used w/102000mi in 11/2014. Only had to change the oil. 110000mi as of 5/2015. No issues. Love my honda."

Noise&Disappointing

By on Sunday, April 19, 2015

Reason: Noise

Pros: "looks good"

Cons: "Noise and brake problems."

"Purchased new, lots of road noise. Rear brake completely gone after only 20,000. Poor highway mileage for a 190HP- 4. Very disapointed with Honda that they didn't run test mule that would have discovered the rear brake issue. There engineer's thought they were so smart they didn't need to double check with mule cars. So no more Honda's for me. Now own 2012 Genesis 4dr.,it's twice the car the Honda was and get 33mpg with a 333hp V6."

Still drives like new with 105k miles

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "mpg, steering, room, value"

Cons: "road noise, original rear brakes"

"Great car for the hiway. Steering feel is good. Averaging 32 mpg (80% hiway). A bit more road noise than some. Plenty of acceleration for passing."

Best car- ever.

By on Friday, May 31, 2013

Pros: "Good performance, fuel economy, great appearance."

Cons: "None."

"This is the best, most reliable car I have ever owned. On the highway I have been able to get 30 mpg with the V6 version. Nothing has ever gone wrong with the vehicle and people still rave at the way it looks. I have only performed routine maintenance in the five years I have owned it. The tires still have good tread and the brakes look like they will certainly last another 25,000 miiles."

**Honda's are #1 in my book**

By on Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pros: "Maintains value, body style hasn't changed"

Cons: "Poor quality interior material"

"This is my third Honda vehicle. I have previously owned a Civic (which I loved) and a CRV (didn't like as much), but the Accord is by far my favorite. My only criticism is that the leather seat and door on the driver's side started peeling really bad and looks horrible. This car is reliable and the only major breakdown that I've had was the air conditioner stopped blowing cold air after the fifth year, but it was not a major cost for me. I plan to drive this car until it won't move anymore. I plan to get the seat and door repaired, as well as, a new paint job done this summer."

Best Value for a Mid-Size Sedan

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pros: "Value"

"I love this car. I was very happy with my 2010 Accord but now I am even Happier with my 2012 Accord. It's like driving a BMW only cheaper and way more reliable."

GREAT VEHICLE, WELL DESIGNED

By on Monday, June 18, 2012

"Reliable and family friendly! I love that the navigation monitor is separate from the radio and climate controls. Therefore, if the monitor dies out way down the road I will still have accessibility to my other controls and not SOL until it is repaired. This and many other attributes shows great engineering in this vehicle!"

Good, reliable, but unexciting

By on Friday, November 4, 2011

Pros: "Reliability, comfort"

Cons: "acceleration"

"Very reliable so far (3 yrs, 17K miles.) Handling is good. Acceleration is sedate, despite the high horsepower. But it's the only midsize left under $25K where I can get a 4 cyl, 5 spd, and still get some luxury. Oddly there's no dash computer. Outside temp only on the top of the line."

Accord V6 6sp coupe

By on Thursday, May 1, 2008

"Very nice car. Power is very good. Good combination of luxury and sports car. Back seat is small. GPS system does not have text to speech or real time traffic."

Excellent car

By on Saturday, February 16, 2008

"I traded my Honda Civic 2006 for the new Accord 2008 and I love it so far. The car accelerate smoothly, love the ride. I love the exterior, very classy. The interior is very roomy but the only problem is that I got a black cloth seat which is very visable to see dust. This really bug me. Also, I expected this car to have a temperature gauge but unfortunately not. Overall, excellent choice for a compact car."

great ride

By on Sunday, February 10, 2008

"A friend of mine owns a 2006 model and I loved it. Well when I drove the 2008 Accord EX-L 4 cylinder it just blew my mind.By the way I test drove the exact car I bought.I researched the car on the internet. Price wise I bought the car well below KBB listing as to what consumers are paying.Thanks HONDA"

Decent But I Miss the 90s Hondas and Acuras

By on Saturday, February 25, 2017

Pros: "handling, look, durable upholstery, gauge panel"

Cons: "poor rear visibility in rain, not that comfy"

"I own the base model Accord coupe, 2010, and bought it brand new. Unfortunately, I did all my research on/intended to buy the Civic and went to the dealer with my messed up trade-in. When I test drove the Civic, it didnt handle potholes well. I needed something with a quieter cabin and a heavier body. So I upgraded to the base model Accord that night, because I was afraid my trade-in may not have made it back home. The 4 door Accord that year was butt ugly in my opinion, and since I had no children or plans for them, the coupe was what I gravitated toward. Yay for Honda handling...It hugs the road, not spongey. Decent gas mileage (but of course Civic is way better.) Classy look. Standard sound system sounds good to me, but weird location for MP3 jack (in middle at bottom of deep covered console between seats.) Gauge panel clear and easy to read without bifocals. Under the hood not too convoluted for the inexperienced. You will be able to check and top off your fluids without mystery. The value overall is pretty good. In seven years (and with 83000 miles) I have had brakes replaced (pads twice, rotors turned once), replaced the battery, the rubber trunk gasket (the rubber had cracked in two tiny places but it was enough to cause a little water to leak in a hard rain or through the carwash), various filters, on my third set of tires (stick with the manufacturers recommendation, even though the Michelins are expensive. I made the mistake of getting Rikens for my second set because they were considerably cheaper and they handled differently and the car was notably noisier, not just to me.) There were two recalls on the car, both supposedly remedied at the dealer. Dont get black, unless you have the time and money to constantly hand wash and wax your baby. Its not the most durable paint I have experienced. Driver window rattles a little, unless it is rolled all the way up or completely down. I havent decided if I want to spend the money to fix this, as I fear itll be a hurried glue job, and since it isnt leaking and is only mildly irritating I am putting up with it. Trunk design is ridiculously useless, and even though the rear seats fold down, the rear deck of speakers prevents this making much difference. Get a different vehicle if you intend to put anything other than your groceries in the trunk. You will sit low in this car, so if you are trying to appear tall, this vehicle isnt for you. No bluetooth, but that is a great excuse not to talk to that person you really didnt want to speak with anyway and instead crank up the music, because even the basic sound system is tight rather than sloppy (like the handling.) I was irritated to find the insurance went up because supposedly many people got in wrecks in this years model of coupes. It gets decent pickup (and I have the 4 cylinder.) I would probably get tickets if I had the V6. You will hear it lumber a little (as though you dowshifted too early if you had a manual) but it is nothing compared to my boyfriends 2015 Golf Sport Wagon (yuck.) In seven years and with daily use, I have never had to replace the key battery, head or taillights. No trouble with the cloth upholstery, though if your can buy a vehicle with a light colored interior (mine is just about black) every flake of dandruff wont show. Of all things to be cheap about, the chrome colored Honda emblem in the center of the wheel rubbed off within the first year, so instead of looking like shiny chrome, it wore to sulfur yellow (kind of neat in its own right, but Im sure not Hondas intention.) I have had to put a toddler and her car seat in the back a time or two...could be worse. The front passenger seat does slide forward and then pivot. But obviously, dont pick the coupe if you have children. Another thing: As mom ages, this car is uncomfy for her to get in and out of. Too low. And if you need to come up a driveway, keep that in mind. I have to really take it slow (with the way my drive way inclines) to keep undercarriage from scraping. These changes in my life I didnt consider, so Im sharing to prevent you the headache. I understand that isnt a Honda thing, so not trying to make them the scapegoat here. My main gripe with my car is a safety one: When it rains, I find rear visibility poor...like they should have put a rear windshield wiper (think Crosstour or Kompressor, though I recognize a coupe is not a hatch.) , because the rear window slants severely, (aerodynamics, I guess?) I would not seek a 2010 Honda Accord Coupe, but if you get a great deal, sure. It is reliable, Ill say that. Has not broken down on me once."

customer

By on Saturday, May 16, 2015

Pros: "Great reliability, minimum if any repairs,"

Cons: "Poor handling on major highways, brake problems"

"Great car especially for reliability of major reason I bought except I find the car noisy and handling on the highway awful being it doesn't hold the road nicely as say a Camry. I also find the gas mileage not up to there findings, I expected as they said gas mileage at 20 to 27 but actually get 17 to 23. Rear brakes had to be replaced at 20,000 miles which is unusual as usually the front brake pads go sooner then the rear brakes in my experience. I live in Florida and air conditioner should be a lot cooler. Overall I think the Honda is a very good car but cannot consider buying another one due to the poor handling driving on a major highway."