2005 Honda Accord

Based on 2224 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

This car is rocket! Love the elec assist horsepwr!

By on Monday, August 6, 2012

Pros: "Fuel econ, cold a/c, winter driving good, seats."

Cons: "No iPod interface, sits too low."

"Horsepower, interior creature comforts, rear passenger head and leg room are most excellent!! Handling is fun too for the price and size of vehicle. :-)"

Awesome Car

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, lots of pep, 0 problems"

Cons: "None!!"

"I get 34 MPG highay, takes 87 gas, Never once been in the shop. Oil changes mostly. Great car."

Best value on the road!

By on Monday, March 12, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, Value, Comfort"

"This car has been bullet proof. Original owner with over 210,000 miles. I admit it was maintained properly but besides oil, brakes and 2 batteries nothing goes wrong. Very comfortable to drive on long trips and around town. When I get it serviced someone always wants to buy it! Buy the top of the line Accord with leather. Don't waste money on V6 the 4 cylinder has plenty of pep and better mileage are reliability. Folks if I could only have one car this would be it. Reliability, Comfort, Cost to operate, Looks, the Accord has it figured out. Buy one! If only it was an American car....I know they are made here but...."

I LOVE MY HONDA!!!

By on Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pros: "Great inside space, cup holders, runs awesome"

Cons: "Steering wheel doesn't turn as smooth as a new car"

"I bought my car with 6000 miles on it, I have NEVER had a problem with it. It is very roomy and drives great. I love that it has cup holders in the doors and a pull down center console in the back when only two people are in the back. The trunk is huge! I recently bought a brand new Toyota Corolla and my husband and I still haggle over who gets to drive the Honda!"

Best vehicle that I have ever owned

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "decent price, lots of pick up"

Cons: "Depending on the tires, road noise"

"Good solid vehicle, have owned it for 8 years now and have over 100,000 miles on it and have never had it in a shop. I do all oil changes, have done a brake job on it, it never needed anything else. When the original Michilen tires wore out at around 38,000, I put a set of Goodyear Comfortreds on it and talk about getting great ride and knocking the road noise down.....remarkable"

Best car I have owned!!

By on Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pros: "keeps great value, great on gas"

"I was a completely turned off to the idea of buying a foreign vehicle until i test drove the 2003 Honda Ex. Not only does the interior look very modern and sleek but it's completely comfortable. This is 4th vehicle ever owned and is my favorite so far. I bought this car at 145.000 miles and now have almost 200,000 and it still runs brand new. Highly recommend this vehicle to EVERYONE!!!"

One of the best coupes on the market.

By on Friday, December 2, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive....recommend the V6"

Cons: "Back seat"

"I have not had any issues or repairs with this car; just routine maintenance. Definitely up to Honda's quality standards."

It's a Honda, what else do you expect?

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "MPG, stereo, reliability, low cost of maintenance"

Cons: "Auto transmission, would get manual next time"

"I bought this car as a certified pre-owned with 29,000 miles about 2 years ago. Since purchase, this car has been nothing but great to me. Stone cold reliable, great on gas, and enough power to get up and go when I push the pedal down a little :). The V6 usually averages around 25 mpg in mixed driving, and around 29-30 mpg during highway trips. The only thing I would change would be to get the manual transmission (just my preference). I also have an '06 TL, which is a much nicer and more refined car, however, this car was a fraction of the cost of the TL, and gets the job done just as well. I have done nothing more to this car than routine maintenance, and would definitely trust it to go anywhere."

Great for the money

By on Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pros: "comfortable, reliable"

Cons: "gas mileage (V6)"

"Traded a BMW 325 due to reliability, Honda is smooth, comfortable and reliable. Doesn't drive like a BMW, but it starts when you turn the key, no oil all over the garage floor, and no $1000 tune ups!!"

Bad bad bad stay away

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "handling is good"

Cons: "read review"

"transmission died 2x 69k and 89k tie rods bad engine mounts bad rotors go every 6 months even though I'm easy on the brakes ac compressor went at 50k"

nice car

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, love that is has all electric"

Cons: "not great on gas mileage but it is a 3.0"

first day home

"I love this car but not great if you are going for gas mileage. Decent mix of power and gas mileage(it is a 3.0, not much you can do with that). Be careful with the leather interior."

first day home

Still like New

By on Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pros: "Dependability"

"My Honda Accord is the best car I have ever owned. I have put a lot of mileage(203,500) on this car and it still runs and drives like the day I bought it. I have had this car 6 years and change the oil every 3,000. Besides a brake job and new Tires when needed there has been no issues at all with this vehicle. Because of the gas mileage which still gets 26 mpg and reliability it makes perfect sense to keep it and hope for another 200,000."

Everything expected and hoped for!

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

"It's true what they say about buying a Honda over US Car! Combination of service reliability, gas mileage and performance make this car the smart choice. Bought for my college daughter going about a hundred miles away. It has been everything I expected in terms of getting her back and forth with confidence and reliability when away. Recommend for anyone in similar situation!"

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Saturday, February 5, 2011

"Super reliable, great gas mileage (avg 33 hwy). A joy to drive every day. I am a Honda man for life. Cheers!"

Most reliable vehicle ever owned

By on Friday, April 10, 2009

"I own the Hybrid V6 version and get 34 miles to the gallon combined city and highway. In '05 this was the only family sized hybrid available that got this type of mileage. Other than general maintenance this vehicle has required nothing. Have gotten as high as 37 mpg highway with the vehicle filled with luggage and the family. One of the best investments I have made."

Best Car I ever owned

By on Saturday, April 4, 2009

"I have never owned a car that required little to low maintainance. It runs great and looks great."

Positive outweigh the cons

By on Thursday, October 9, 2008

"The vehicle is reliable as hondas are and it had a few recalls but not affected by the transmission issue that caused premature wear in the EX V6 models. I already had the air conditioning expansion valve replaced after multiple trips to the dealership and under certified warranty. They had trouble identifying the source of the intermittent sound (a terrible whining sound). They guessed the blower motor and ac compressor pulley. I also just had the front struts replaced and the ride is not as smooth as on other hondas - been this way since I purchased it with 25k miles and it feels the same after leaking struts were replaced (honda to aftermarket monroe struts). Just today took it in for SRS indicator intermittent light - honda has lifetime warranty on the buckles (seat belt connector) and luckily this was the defective part, this is part of the SRS system and will be replaced tomorrow at no cost. Overall more problems than I have been used to in the past but acceptable ones in my opinion. I prefer minor inconvenience instead of being left stranded or end up with a costly engine/trans repair."

Great Look and Value

By on Friday, August 29, 2008

"My accord came fully loaded with leather heated seats, black interior, and a V6 engine and I tell you, this was a good investment. The car looks very luxurious specially after I added tint around the vehicle for privacy, 20'' rims for a flashy look, and prescribed to XM radio witch allows me to listen to a variety of music. Oh and I also added an AEM Cold Air intake which improves the MPGs while giving you more horse power and plus it makes my car perrr in a unique good way. Aside from this rides smooth, provides with the engine power when I need it, and I not once broken down on me.....Word of advise though, Give your car regularly scheduled maintanance, so that you get the most life out of your car as possible.....take my brothers word for it, he bought a 1992 accord brand new, and was always on it when it came to maintaning the car, well after 14 years of use car only came up on one issue which turned out to be the alternator, which only cost him like $40 anyway he ended up trading it in for a new accord at the time and is now driving another."

perfect commuter

By on Monday, June 30, 2008

"I commute over 500 miles a week and this is one of the few smaller cars short of a TDI that consistently gets over 500 miles a tank. In about 70:30 hwy:city I have been up to 39 mpg this summer with an all time low of 30 in the dead of winter. Overall a great car. Skip the hybrid/V6 and get the 5 speed it is cheaper and you get better mpg than the auto. The I4 has plenty of power when you need it. As expected the 2 dr. is tight in the back and I expected more trunk space on an Accord, the wifes Mazda 6 fits much more in the trunk. Overall a great car that is comfortable to drive 500 miles a week on 13 gal of gas....get the XM and power leather seats you will appreciate them."

Excellent Value for money

By on Sunday, June 1, 2008

"Mine give me 30 to 32 Miles a Gallon; Runs like a charm; Very good Air conditioner, Good Engine, 4 Cylinder is much better than 6; Alloys wheels are really cool, very good handling, love it. I am a trained mechanic and love the way these cars are engineered , Infact these models are much better than the 2008 (Technical specs,not styling) Go for it will make a excellent second hand car, Good luck"

Wow !!

By on Monday, May 5, 2008

"I'm a bit prejudiced because I've owned Accords for over 20 years. However, there's a very good reason for that. Every four or five years I get a new one and every time, the increase in performance, mileage and comfort is impressive. The 2006 model versus the 2004 model is not even the same car. Much better performance in the form of exceleration and smoothness of shifting. Plus an increase in MPG !! The car is also much quieter and seems to handle better, if that's possible. Interior comfort and appearance is exceptional also. The leather is extremely comfortable and attractive. I got over 40 MPG on the highway for a 3000 mile trip to Florida and back."

good car

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"great value and great gas milage. I have the 4 cyl motor and average about 29mpg."

Honda Accord LX 2005

By on Thursday, March 13, 2008

"Excellent Car! It is my third Accord and I still love that model. Great value for the money, great comfort, nice handling, quality of the materials inside and outside, ergonomic design. Honda always gives you a little bit more than you would expect from a car. Almost no maintenance up to 100K, see the manual - this is so great! I have had Audi, VW, Mazda, Suzuki, Renault, but Honda are simply better cars and don't dissapoint the driver. The only problem - you don't need to change it and this could be boring...Recommended!"

Great Value

By on Wednesday, January 2, 2008

"I have owned my Accord for 6 months and love the performance and style. The Accord handles like a dream on dry pavement but slides all over the road in harsh driving conditions. The factory Bridgestone Turenza tires don't boast performance in snow or heavy rain. If you do any winter driving, studded snow tires are a MUST. This car is a big difference from the old winter-loving Hondas. My old car was a 1994 Accord and I drove winters with bald all-seasons. I wish I would have kept it for winters to park the new Accord with new junk tires. As far as the drive train goes it works phenominal. This car pulls like crazy with a standard tranny and remains very quiet inside the cabin. Honda once again installs a very cheap radio. The least expensive CD player is a $350 option and only includes two speakers. The head unit rejects most old or slightly damaged CDs. The worst part though is the dash kit to install an aftermarket CD-player costs almost $200 and is much less attractive than the factory."

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"I love the car except for the simple fact that the gas estimate is not even close. 27 on the highway, lol I haven't even come close to that even going down hill. It gets about 23 if I'm lucky and city is roughly 16 or 17. other than that I like it and this is my 3rd accord but if I would have known that the v-6 couldn't get what was listed on the window I would have chose something else."