2004 Honda Accord

Based on 2229 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Best Car Ever

By on Sunday, December 18, 2016

Pros: "dependable, great value"

Cons: "visibility is a little tough"

"I have had this car since high school and it now has 230,000 miles on it. I have never broken down in this car, it is the most dependable car. I have never even really had to put money into this car for repairs, it is seriously awesome and I recommend this car to anyone. The only issue for me is visibility, the shape of the car sometimes makes it hard to see.I plan on adding another 100,000 miles to this car!"

excellent vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, handles very well."

Cons: "stiff ride"

"I own this car for 5 years , with no problems at all, very reliable, unbelievable acceleration for a v6, one would think it was a v8. the only negative thing I could say about the car is the ride is a little stiff, especially on bumpy roads its really noticeable. other than that its a very comfortable car. I guess that's the price you pay for a great handling car."

Awesome car

By on Saturday, May 4, 2013

"I have been driving my 2006 Accord for now 7 years and put 117K miles on it. I take good care of it. I am only on my 3 set of tires, second set of brakes. I drove this car in snow, desert, city etc... and it is a pleasure to drive.The newer models are even better. The only issue I have with my 06 is that I am 6"2 and I wish the seat moved back a bit more. I sat in a newer model recently and I could barely reach the pedals. My other wish is that they still made a station wagon version which they make in Europe. I give this car a 10"

Sadly Saying Goodbye to my 2005 Honda Accord V6

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Pros: "Creature Comforts and Reliability"

Cons: "Not the most aggressive in maneuvering"

"I purchased this wonderful car as a certified pre-owned vehicle following a divorce - traded in a 1991 BMW 525i. I was not looking forward to the "big step down" but I could no longer afford the maintenance on my Beemer. This car has been a total dream! Other than regular maintenance due to wear and tear, there hasn't been a single unexpected repair. I am sad to let her go, but she was totaled in an accident. She provided me excellent service for almost 10 years (maybe even saving my life in the end). I opted for the V6 with luxury package including leather seats, woodgrain finish, NavSystem, and spoiler. Always dependable, comfortable and hard working. She has been on many long journeys without fail and performed exceptionally well in city driving as well as interstate cruising. With 174,000 miles, I felt confident there was at least 50,000 more miles in her future. RIP..."

The only car to buy

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

"My Dad owned it brand new drove from palmbeach to miami every day and was reliable and now i own it and it still runs like new love this car"

Plenty of good - just the bad

By on Tuesday, December 1, 2009

"Honda Accord's are great, so no need to go into all the vehicle's finer points. Since this is a review and the issues stick out the most for me, I'll list them. I had significant issues with the 6spd transmission. It went from being a little cranky going into gears to just plain not engaging gears (mainly 3rd) and finally "blew up". I returned the vehicle several times to have it fixed and fortunately after it "blew up" Honda did a courtesey repair out of warranty - no charge. Some of the other issues included a power steering assembly which squeeled and had to be replaced. Finally, from a performance standpoint, the v6 is adequate and all, but this car has one of the worst turning circle's I've ever experienced. Give yourself plenty of black top to pull into that mall parking space. Overall, the finer points of the car make up for these shortcomings and issues. It's a Honda, so you should expect generally care free service."

Ex condition, LX, 4 dr. sunroof loaded new tires

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"Excellent condition. Engine perfect always kept up. few dings leather seats and heated seats. Everything works."

Super reliable! Everything I need and want.

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "Price, drivability, reliability, styling"

Cons: "None!"

"I have had my '06 since it was brand new, and it has always run perfectly with no problems. It still has great power and a smooth drive. I plan to run it into the ground! I even love the body, and I still feel super cool and comfortable inside of it. I get compliments and questions about it all the time. I think the value can not be beat."

Great car fpr the price.

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "fun and easy to drive, great MPG's."

Cons: "Price for parts"

"I paid 13400 for this car in April of this year, estimated 34MPG fast, holds the road entering and exiting turns, the 5 speed manual transmission is a blast. the only down fall to this car is that there are not a lot of places besides dealerships that sale parts for this car even though it is a 2006 model for the DITY maintenance up keep."

best value for a sedan

By on Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"This has by far been the best car I have ever owned. I now have 250K miles on it and have every intention of driving it till the wheels fall off of it. I keep up with the maintainance and kept all fulids changed. There really is only one major design flaw: The front end has an opening for the car to breath and if you travel on the highway a lot you will be prone to bust your condenser from road debris. I had to replace mine once. Since then I bought a billet grill to keep debris from getting to my condenser and causing the car's AC not to work. Other then that its a great value and great overall car. Would buy again!"

07 Honda Accord EX V6 with Nav

By on Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"This car was my first new car. It's got plenty of horsepower and a very smooth ride. The cabin noise is quiet, though not as quiet as a BMW or Benz (price tag). The trim is great, mine comes with gray leather and a matching black/gray interior. Plenty of legroom for a mid-size sedan and the voice activated nav is icing on the cake. Although there's no shift gate, you could have a lot of fun starting from 2nd gear and shifting up at excess of 6,000rpms to rev things up. The sound system is a tad lacking without a sub but it puts out decent bass and the highs are awesome. Six disc CD changer without mp3 is a little 90s, but the Accord makes up for this in other ways, namely reliability and resale value. I've had no mechanical problems with the car other than a few things loose in the interior trim (sun visor screw loose and wire rubbing against wire in the dashboard) but Honda quickly fixed this under warranty. It's also very fuel efficient for a V6 with nearly 250hp and over 200lb of torque. I average 24.6mpg combined with cruise control using 87 octane. The LED rear taillights make this car look up to date. Honda cars typically have long lasting stylings. The 17" rims are also a nice feature, though the width of the wheels/tires leave a few inches to be desired. All in all a great car--my three years with it has still left the car worth just over $21,000. The math comes out to $3,000 a year in depreciation for the first two years--less than $300 per month for a nice near-luxury sedan with V6 and nice VSA traction control for great handling."

DENVER, CO

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"This is the best vehicle I have ever owned! Great comfort and gas mileage."

90% of a BMW for 50% of the price.

By on Monday, January 16, 2017

"Sorry how smooshed this review is, but they delete whitespace and make it look like one big paragraph, if not actually one big sentence. -I love this car. It is very nimble, quiet, economical and as reliable as taxation. The only maintenance required has been consumables (tires, battery, wipers, bulbs, brake pads etc). -The handling of this car is wonderful. It feels smaller than it actually is. I believe it can handle within 10% of the same year's BMW base level car despite being FWD. I had originally been looking at a Civic but it felt stodgy; the Accord actually felt more nimble and was priced better for what one got. -The clutch takeup is not quite as smooth as I would like, takes a bit of concentration to get a gentle start. First gear is very low, so it is easy to start without stalling, even from idle, and it gets you up in revs quickly so you accelerate well. -The fit-and-finish on this Ohio-made Honda is not quite as good as on my Japanese made Prelude, but 20 years passed between them so perhaps the Japanese arent as good anymore either. -The fake chrome trim on the outside of the passenger's side does not extend as far back along the top of the windows as it does on the driver's side, by about 1". The stereo is canted slightly so that the left side sticks out a mm or so farther than the right, its as if it was installed by someone leaning in through the passenger window. -The glovebox door doesnt fit very well, 1/4" gap or so on the left side, so when you drive at night you can see the light inside (theres no mechanism to shut it off, its on whenever the lights are on). -The dashboard markings are invisible when the car is off. When you start the car, the dashboard lights up brightly. When you turn on the headlights the dashboard dims down to what level you preset. This has the psychological effect of making me drive at dusk without realizing the lights are off, because unlike this one every other car I have ever operated (and that runs into the 100s when rentals and military vehicles are counted) the dashboard is darker when the lights are OFF, not when they are ON. -The seats are quite comfortable and the stereo sounds quite good, best factory stereo I've ever had. Trunk is reasonably roomy, although putting the seat down from inside the trunk requires 3 hands and I never manage to find myself having more than 2. -I wish Honda would provide a place for a cellphone and a garage door opener. Would definitely buy again."

I love this car-hate to trade it in.

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Pros: "Great driving car;no mechanical provlems"

Cons: "scratches and dents, torn leather on drivers seat"

"This car has given us good service - I love the CD changer-can put in 6 CD's and not have to touch it until the 6th one has played. It has a few scratches and dents, but after all it is 10 years old. Maintenance has been performed on schedule and we have driven it out to Albuquerque, New Mexico area several times and it is always a good comfortable ride. AC works very well, as does the heating. Sirius XM is available if you want to pay for it. We listen to audio books on long trips, so don't feel the need for XM. Has a compass in the rearview mirror, which is self-dimming. Has side-curtain air bags ad well as ftont air bags. This would make a family an excellent second car. It reminds you when it is time to change the oil, so you can't forget."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Monday, February 16, 2015

Pros: "Fuel efficiency, reliability, comfortable"

Cons: "Road and wind noise could be better"

"I purchased this car CPO in April 2007 with 40,000 miles on the odometer. I now have 247,000 worry free miles on the car. Not a single major issue. Regular oil changes every 5,000 miles. 30k, 60k, 90k services done on time. Replaced original starter and alternator in 2013. Gets 31-33 MPG on the highway. I have driven the car from So Cal to Colorado Springs (1200 miles each way) and would not be worried to do it again. The 4-cyl engine has pep, even with all those miles. No transmission problems (from my understanding, most of the transmission issues were with the V6). It's not the fastest car I've ever owned, or the sportiest. But it blends fun, practicality, and reliability into a great little package that seats 4 adults comfortably on a jaunt around town or a 400 mile road trip."

Best Honda I have owned to date.

By on Monday, November 3, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, excellent value, extremely durable."

Cons: "Fuel economy."

"Fourth Honda product I have owned. All performed exceptionally well. All had extremely high mileage when traded for the next one. 07 Accord has been extremely reliable and inexpensive to maintain. Performance is more than adequate for a daily driver. Only thing I would like is a little better fuel economy. I prefer the styling and performance of Honda products as compare to comparable models from other brands."

Very nice car - Drives great

By on Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pros: "Handle great, good mileage, very reliable"

Cons: "Only complaint is how low it is to the ground."

"The only complaint I have at all with this car is how low it is to the ground. I know if it was higher it probably would not handle as nice but as I get older the car is harder to get into. Otherwise a great car."

2007 honda accord sedan

By on Friday, February 1, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

"i have owned this car for 3 years and love it it is tough durable and i have driven it everywhere ! great car for traveling and long distance trips. I have put over 60,000 miles on it and no major maintenance issues other than taking care of overall oil changes eg."

LOVE IT

By on Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pros: "low maintenance"

Cons: "radio goes out"

"This is my second car. I love it and wouldn't trade it in. its also vintage because not too many people are driving stick shifts anymore. After 7 years she still feels brand new and is a quite ride. the check engine light has only come on twice in its life and maintaning it has been simple and easy. the only downside is that the radio seems to have issues in that year/model. i did replace it with an aftermarket radio and it is working much better. All I have to say is that Honda is a very low maintenance vehicle and if you treat it right it will last & last. regular miantenance is a must and replacing things on time according to the owner's manual you will have less problems overall."

great job Honda!

By on Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, good gas mileage, looks awesome!!"

Cons: "auto transmission a little rough"

"I bought this car about two and a half months ago, so i havent had it too long, but i love everything about it. Honda did a great job on this one. The styling looks timeless both inside and outside. The 2.4 ivtec engine is smooth and pretty quiet. The 5 speed auto transmission shifts pretty noticeably though, its not super smooth, but i took it to honda and they drove it and said everything was fine. The brakes are decent, i had to replace the front rotors because they were warped, that is the only thing i have had to have "fixed". Nothing has gone wrong mechanically. Everything else has been preventative maintenance like trans fluid, coolant, synthetic oil change, and spark plugs. I got mine with 97,500 miles on it and it has almost 99,200 now, cant wait to hit the 100,000 mile mark!! I also get about 24-28 mpg mixed city/hwy driving. Im a college student and this makes a great car! I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a reliable gas saver."

I love this car

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

"Most everything you need in a car: Power, Millage, Reliability, my car drives like new even after 6 years and 75000 miles, luxurious interior and safety."

Looking for another one!

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pros: "Safety features (side curtain and seat airbags)"

Not a scratch on the driver.

"My daughter just totalled this car and it saved her life. We bought it new and have loved it. Would buy another with low miles if I can find it!! One great, reliable car!"

Not a scratch on the driver.

2004 Accord LX 2.4L Manual

By on Friday, November 20, 2009

"Bought new in 2004. Now in Nov 2009, it's got 190,000 easy miles. I've replaced the headlights once, but another just burned out today; replaced the battery 3 years ago because the starter sounded wimpy in winter. It's got a bad wheel bearing that needs to be replaced, but other than that all it's ever needed were oil and gas. It's still got the original brake pads, rotors and shoes! I replaced the tires three years ago; they now have 118,000 miles and they're not to the wear-bars yet. It usually gets 38 mpg on the highway with 87 octane, but has gone as low as 35 (bad gas)? Complaints - none. Nit-picky stuff - it's not as quiet as some and the seating is just a bit off. Easily the best car I've ever owned."

Would Recommend

By on Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"I've owned the Lx V6 Coupe for a little over a year (bought certified pre-owned from Honda dealer) and have not had any problems. The good: The engine is great (I prefer the V6 to the 4 which I have also driven). Reliable car (I've only done oil changes and tire rotation) Comfortable Dash layout is good Downsides: Body panels "ding" very easily compared to other cars Columns in the back cause a blindspot and so do the columns in the front in a parking garage type situation (this may be my height, I'm 5'4") Front seat is a a bit difficult to get out of (again might be my height) A/C - vents are difficult to adjust Dash is black which emits heat - I live in FL so this causes a lot of extra heat in the car in the summer I bought my car used, and we didn't notice that the stereo speakers in the rear do not seem to have full power, the prior owner did some modifications to put iPod power into the stereo and we cannot find the problem, however this is not Honda's issue (I don't think so at least). Overall a very good car - I would probably sell it for a 4 door V6 Accord since we will be having a family soon and the 2 door coupe isn't as easy with baby seats."

One of my best cars

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2007

"I have an 07 Accord SE 2.4 Sedan. Overall, it is one of the best cars I have owned in terms of reliability and value. The ride is good and it is comfortable commuter car. The SE essentially has the look of the EX Model as far as the alloy wheels and color keyed mirrors and rocker panels. The SE is good choice for a consumer who needs a good car but doesn't want leather, a sunroof and automatic climate control. I only wish the car had the manual heigh adjustment on the pasenger seat, otherwise I am very satisfied with the car."