2002 Honda Accord

Based on 1712 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

10yrs plus with this Honda

By on Monday, January 30, 2012

Pros: "Doesnt Break down easy, Dependable"

"Im able to drive long distance without any problems with the car itself. MPG is really good for being an older car. We drive this car average of five plus hours daily...this is an amazing car. Perfect for family its very reliable, seats 5 comfortably. Worth every penny, its lasted a long time!"

Great Car !Saved my life

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

"Was hit the on the driver passanger door & rear by a flat bed tractor trailor truck twice & crossed 3 lanes of trafic & hit guard rail. Only bruces. Insurance would not total it so we had it fixed & I'm still driving it 10 years later. Drives just as good as it did new. Had bought for 5 star safty & v6. Both have paid off. Drives Great ! Planning on keeping it until it falls apart. So far only regular maitance required. No major work done at all. I still enjoy driving it! Drive it everywhere I go. I had no idea that I would still love it after this many years."

Good But Not Great

By on Tuesday, January 1, 2008

"I bought my Accord new in 1999, after many years of owning GM products because I was looking for a more reliable car. My chief complaints about my GM vehicles were that they always leaked engine fluids, required lots of maintenance and they always rusted before reaching 100K miles. My Accord now has 102K miles and the engine runs like new without any leaks! Unfortunately, I have had problems with body rust on the inside of the rear fender wells on both sides. This cost me $800 in body work repairs in 2007. I have also been disappointed with the general level of maintenance required with my Honda. I have had to obtain repairs to the pollution control system (very expensive), brakes, replace the battery and alternator, replace the radio due to defective CD unit, rear window defroster and a number of other items. This is in addition to the normal required maintenance schedule. Admittedly, my expectations have been high for a Honda, but I don't drive my cars hard so there shouldn't be a lot of problems. Overall, given the price of the car I would say that the car has been a tremendous value, but it has certainly has not lived up to the low maintenence reputation for which Honda has become known."

best first car

By on Friday, February 25, 2011

"the 98 Honda accord lx is the best starter car i've owned plus very easy 2 maintain and last forever mine has 195,000 miles and more 2 come but if u put a intake and some platinum tip spark plugs and injector cleaning it will run like it came from the factory"

Luv my Honda

By on Sunday, July 8, 2007

"This is a great vehicle, low on maintenance, good comfort. Great acceleration for a 4 cyc, even at highway speeds. The only down fall is the paint on this car, it is of poor quality, as it fades away & losses it's finish. Honda never accept reponsibility for this."