2001 Honda Accord

Based on 1712 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

GREAT Car

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Power, quickness, comfort, fun to drive."

Cons: "None!"

"Acquired the vehicle used in 2007 with 43,000 on the odometer (used to be the grandparents mobile until they bought a new Accord)! Only 65,000 total mileage now. V6 has PLENTY of power, strong acceleration, and braking is good. The car handles well in snow, and even at 13 years old it still runs like a champ. Only minor repairs thus far (new battery, headlight bulbs, taillight bulb, and new brakes and rotors). Starting to get some rust on the drivers side rear quarter panel around the wheel well, and the way things are going, the engine is certainly going to outlive the car's body."

Can't let go of this car.

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pros: "Easy on gas before it was cool, fold down seats."

Cons: "Letting go."

"People amaze me when they speak of their own vehicle with words like “my car is falling apart” translation: they neglected the car and they get what they get. After 362 K great miles I was considering swapping out the Accord. Had even been looking around to see what’s out there. I feel like a kid on the High Dive with a friend, who’s gonna dive first (this situation it’s my wife) who’s gonna swap vehicles first. She has a 1997 Honda CRV with 340K on it. We know one of us is due to trade out vehicles somewhere in the future; both cars have been garaged, no snow / no salt / minimal dirt roads. Essentially they look and run great. So WHEN do you know it’s time to let go. Had a previous 1986 Honda Civic Si, and at 350K I gave it away to a friend that needed dependable transportation. That’s probably going to be the incentive here again, not out of need to get away from a “money pit” but to give someone else dependable transportation. I don’t forgo scheduled maintenance and don’t let little repair gripes pile up and ruin my driving experience, take care of them before they become an annoying issue. It’s funny that I feel guilty by “looking” at other cars. I washed her this evening after the sun went down, the best time, and eased her back into the garage where she will be ready to ferry me off to work tomorrow like the previous 14 seasons. So I’ll go ahead and conduct my research and file it away till that day comes and I know when it’ time. They only major bill on the car was a transmission replacement at 340K not a problem."

Honda Quality, Complete Satisfaction

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Good value retention, quality craftsmanship innout"

Cons: "not a powerful motor"

"As long as you maintain it regularly, or at least usually this car will last you a loooonnnnggggg time. I made huge performance adjustments and it never gave me problems. Keep it stock, and the results will be even better. Treat her right and she will return the favor. I will probably never sell this car. Also gets really good gas mileage. BEST CAR I'VE HAD YET."

Can't believe something could be built this well!

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "gas mileage, reliability, all around practibility"

Cons: "not a lot of power, that's about it"

"I've had this car for almost 15 years now, and really I've only had to replace minor things. None of the vehicles major components have had any problems - tranny, engine, etc. Truthfully even components that you would think would of failed by now - starter, alternator, ac compressor, fuel pump, fans, wiper motor - have not. The transmission has never given me any problems (I change the fluid once a year) and I get about 29 miles to the gallon. I figure this vehicle has saved me at least 15 thousand dollars in gas, repairs, and insurance over the past 13 years. I'll keep it till it blows up, not sure when that will happen."

Best value ever, dependable

By on Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pros: "Dependable vehicle"

Cons: "Exterior paint is deteriorated somewhat."

"One owner. Oil changed every 3,000 miles. New timing belt at 212,000. Tires replaced 215,000. Garaged since 2002. Clean interior. Large trunk space. Good driving vehicle."

Exceptional Car

By on Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pros: "Holds value, very dependable, great gas mileage"

Cons: "automatic locks went out"

"I love my 1999 Honda Accord. This is my second Accord, and still have not had any major mechanical problems. I drove my first Accord to 204,000 miles before selling for a tiny bit less than I bought it for. Very smooth ride, great gas mileage, incredibly dependable, holds value very well. My only complaint would be that the automatic locks went out on two of the doors during my 5 years with this vehicle. The car is 12 years old, but that is the only negative thing I can say about this car."

Love it

By on Thursday, April 8, 2010

"I have an 02 and I've had it for 3 years now and previously I bought from my dad who originally bought it brand new. It has been an amazing car. The V6 V-Tec is fast, it's a smooth ride, Never have had a problem with it. The only things I have done to it is regular oil changes and new tires and brake pads, but other then that it has been so reliable. Even when you like to accelerate fast, you are still getting that great honda mpg. I would totally recomend this car."

good vehicle

By on Saturday, September 19, 2009

"its a nice car and i take good care of it and it does have a lot of miles its was like that when i got it from some one. i have 2 kids and one on the way and i need some thing bigger"

By on Friday, August 28, 2009

Best car ever owned

By on Saturday, July 25, 2009

"Mine is a 2000. 9.5 yrs old and it's never let me down. Nothing has ever needed to be done to it besides rountine maintenance. We've changed oil every 3,000 miles and that's about it... Also, it's got the greatest engine....smooth and quiet with amazing pep. It really gets out and goes w/o any hesitation. I highly recommend this car."

Racy Coupe

By on Sunday, July 19, 2009

"I bought my '98 V6 LX coupe new in September of that year in Scottsdale, AZ - after a vigorous test-drive of the EX-L coupe in Orlando, Florida a few months before. The good: I was impressed with the performance right from the start; 200 horse out-of-the-box with no performance mods. I've owned the car for 11 years and have logged in excess of 200,000 miles. It's still fast, reasonably comfortable and economical to drive and maintain. The only maintenance I've ever had to do myself was regular oil changes with primo Syntech every 3500 miles. I'm still getting better than rated (27 mpg) mileage on the highway. I can get 31 mpg with extra air (38 psi) in the front tires, and if I keep the speed down to 75 mph. Remarkably, I have never had to have an air conditioner coolant refill/charge - and the car still pumps out cold AC - way colder air than my newer '02 Chevy Avalanche. The bad: I had only one mechanical problem to speak of; an alternator that quit at only 72000 miles. I had it replaced with a 'lifetime alternator' from Tire Kingdom, and it's still working fine 142,000 miles later. My car's speed-o and ODO was geared for the 16" aluminum rims. In trying to keep the cost of the car down below $20k new, I opted for the 15" steel wheels. This manifests itself on both; on the highway, my actual speed is about 4 mph less than what the speedo indicates, and therefore the odometer shows more miles traveled than I actually have. These cars have a fairly wide turning radius, so you're going to hit a curb-stop now and again. Be careful you don't hit it too hard, or you'll screw up your transmission. I hit one dead-nuts on coming out of the Mickey-D's drive-through one day. A few weeks later, when the tranny started to slip, I surmised that I'd torn a motor mount, and every time I accelerated, I was shearing the transmission away from the transaxel. The local Honda service shop manager wanted $250 just to put it on his 'computer' for a diagnostic exam. "Dude, just look at the motor mount!", but Mr. Expensive-wrench would have none of it. So, the car sat for nearly a year without being driven. Then, I took it to a local shop; a one-man outfit called 'All Transmissions by Billie Ray' here in Jupiter, Florida. Long story short; for $1200, he completely rebuilt the transmission, and I've since logged over 100,000 miles; and I'm still getting in excess of rated mileage, under the conditions I'd indicated. After 11 years, and > 200,000 miles, the car looks and smells like cr*p...and still runs strong. Tomorrow, I'm probably driving it upstate to a Honda dealer to trade it in on a late '05 4-door EX-L. It's a 40 hp boost out of the same engine block, and it's rated at 28 mpg under the new method published on fueleconomy.gov. It's got the same 3 liter engine that's in my '98, with a slightly longer stroke, so the car sits up a little taller than my '98. So, I figure if I 'up' the pressure on the tires with the 16" aluminum rims that I did with the 15" steel rims on my car, I should be able to get 30 mpg on the highway. And, now that we're in a family way and need to put a toddler in and out of a car seat, its a whole lot easier to do with a 4-door than my coupe. (In fact, it's a back-breaker putting a kid in a child-safety seat in the back of the coupe.) ADVISORY: The '03 - '05 sedans are superior to the '06 & '07 for a particular reason. Beginning in '06, Honda introduced the 'throttle-by-wire' system in these cars, which adds a little 'pregnant pause' to accelerations - sort of like a turbo pause. It adds 15 horsepower at the expense of 1 mpg rating on the highway. I don't like it because it's just "one more thing to go wrong", and it sounds like it'll be expensive to fix. For the extra money, you don't need the extra 15 horsepower...240 is more than enough for this family of 3. The built-in NAV system is nice to have, and even the older '05 knows 500 voice-commands. But, when you need new maps, an update CD will cost you $150."

Best Car I Ever Owned

By on Sunday, June 7, 2009

"I purchased this used '98 Accord about 6 years ago. In 11 years, it has only been in the shop ONCE, for brake calipers and a rotor. Very impressive build quality for a car of this class. After 11 years, still runs brand new. Great acceleration and handling. Only complaints are a few squeaks and some road noise above 65mph, and the stereo could use some more oomph. Every time I think of trading this in I scratch my head and wonder "why?""

Honda Accord EX V6 1999

By on Friday, April 24, 2009

"This is the best car I have ever owned in terms of overall style, performance, comfort and reliability. Even with over 100,000 miles my Honda can outperform any car on the road and look great doing it. I have replaced the installed sound system but the original was pretty great. Trunk is large and back seats fold down. Lots of space around the driver and passenger for CDs, papers, storage, drinks. Hope my Honda keeps going for another 100,000 miles!"

Good car

By on Thursday, April 23, 2009

"I purchased the 99 LX 4 cylinder, automomatic new in late 1998. Noticed quickly it was using oil. Honda would not do anything about it, because they said it was not using enough to be concerned about. Well I had no choice but to keep the car. It is now close to 11 years old, and I have not had anything else wrong, and it now has 132,000 miles. I have to put oil in, about a pint between 5,000 mile oil changes. I've only had regular maintenance--brakes, battery, tires, radiator flush, transmission fluid changed, timing belt at 100,000. It's not a really comfortable car to drive, but is economical. It only gets about 25 mpg city or highway. Guess I'll see how many more miles I can get out of it."

Watch for Transmission Problems

By on Monday, February 23, 2009

"I have an Accord that I purchased new 9 years ago. I have always been a Honda owner and probably will remain one. My Honda has 174,000 miles on it and has been a great car until now. The transmission is slipping and now is in need of being replaced. I was hoping to drive it a while longer with the economy like it is but now I'm faced with the decision to get rid of it or fix it. I guess to get 174,000 miles out of a car with no problems until now isn't bad."

Best car I've owned

By on Saturday, February 21, 2009

"My Accord has 130,000 miles on it and I've yet to have any major issues with it. Its the most reliable car I've ever owned & will purchase another Honda for my next vehicle!"

Excellent vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 4, 2008

"By far the most reliable, powerful and stylish vehicle I have ever owned. I have no doubt I will get 500,000 miles out of this car. It is fully loaded without being outrageously priced, the comfort and power are very good. The handling could be a little better as it does not corner extremely well but, hey, it's a 4-door family sedan!"

Drove for 8 years. Still good.

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"I owned a 2000 Honda Accord V6 Coupe for eight years now. It has been reliable and has enough power to get by. The performance is good. No major problems after 91,000 miles. My only complaint is that it does not have the telescoping feature on the steering wheel. Otherwise, it's a good car overall."

Reliable Car

By on Monday, September 29, 2008

"Extremely Reilable Car, I have brand new since 1999 and it has 190K on it with no major problems, no rust."

140,000 mi and minor problems

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"Thisrd set of brakes, Third set of Tires, recent change of factory battery, power steering pump, O2 senser - Paint holds up excellent, interior drivers side worn do to use. Expensive to change timing belt at about 100k mi. It is very reliable."

great dependable car

By on Thursday, December 6, 2007

"I bought mine in 2001 off of lease; it is now 2007, and I have 155,000 miles on her. Aside from normal maintenance and service interval work (belts, tires, etc.), nothing has gone wrong with this car! I have had Hondas since my 1978 Civic wagon, including two other Accords and a Civic 4-door sedan, and will never buy another brand again. One Accord I had until it hit 250,000 miles. It's all in the oil changes and keeping up with normal maintenance, like belts, etc. Take care of her, and she will do you right!"

Safest car!!!

By on Thursday, November 29, 2007

"Great Car! I unfortunately was in a major accident in mine. I was driving 70mph when I was hit by 2 other cars going 80mph and ran into a concrete wall! I just knew I had totalled my car. I had no injuries other then sore muscles! My car did amazing! Because it has a unit body and not a frame my car was not totalled. The mechanic said if it had been any other car it would not have survived and I probly wouldn't have either! My mom went and bought the same car! She had a fender bender and not one scratch! I would reccomend this car to anyone! I dont fell safe driving anything else now, and wont put my 8mth old son in anything else!"

awesome car

By on Thursday, November 1, 2007

"i owned a 2002 Honda Accord EX 2.3L VTEC 5 SPD Manual, and I have to say it was easy on gas, great on performance, and has looks that dont get old; Also, this car saved my life. I was in a pretty bad accident, and somehow managed to survive - i wasnt wearing a seatbelt and hit someone (wasnt my fault) in excess of 60 mph... i guess thats just youthful stupidity for not wearing a seatbelt, but the car itself is now totalled :'( but I'm still alive, unharmed, so what else could i want, other than a 2004 V-6 6MT?"

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"123k + miles on the original timing belt ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? and she started n ran like a champ til her day of death which i even drove her home . baby i'll miss . DADDY"

By on Sunday, July 15, 2007