2000 Honda Accord

Based on 1714 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

Love my Honda !!!

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "low maint., great engine"

Cons: "poor quality paint job for 1999 models"

"I got this a Honda accord DX 1999 with less than 50k miles on it. Overall great running car. Had transmission replaced cannot say for sure if I cause this problem as I had to use it like a cop car shifting gears back and forth once. I can say that I do know of two others that had transmission problems as well with their Honda's other makes. Kept good basic maintenance on car with oil changes and a product suggested to me called Lucus. This is an oil stabalizer used with oil changes.The engine ran very well ;some time I would get in the car running and attempt to start it up again because engine was so quite.. Once the car started randomly shutting down like it had some sort of electrical problem. This was corrected with replacing some plastic part within the starter; once corrected no more problems. The problem with this year (99) car is the paint job was lousy. My car look like acid has been poured on the top, hood and wear beginning to show on doors. I've seen and talked to others with the same identical paint problems. With my rack and pinion for power steering just replaced and four brand new tire guest what?. Car was totaled. I found the value to replace parts because the car on average was not a problem and engine still sound great. Loved My Honda . RIP !!!"

The most reliable car I ever owned!

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pros: "reliability, service expenses, size, comfort"

Cons: "MPG, outdated design, engine performance"

"I bought this car used from a well maintained environment. All receipts, maintenance was performed by the same Honda dealership. I was confident to take her over with 105K miles in it. I drove an additional 80K miles with the car and kept maintaining by Honda. Compare to other brands Honda dealerships are not that expensive. Oil change with coupons below $30 so why take it anywhere else. I recently changed the timing belt, plugs, wires and valve adjustment and it slides like when I bought the car. The looks are getting outdated so I always play with the idea the upgrade my car, than I realize I drive it till the end whatever! If you can track the maintenance on the car, see the entire history this is the car to buy. Buy it from a matured owner and you will get a vehicle that will take you up to 300K miles. They had a major recall on the transmission and there is a chat on the blogs about it but I never experienced anything bad so far. Of course I change the transmission oil in every 30K miles!"

great auto!!

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

"I've owned 5 of this model automobile. All have been great except that the need to replace the timing belt at a certin milage is an awful thing. After replacing it on my last Accord, we had oil leaks constantly and had to get rid of it beacuse it wasn't safe to take on a long trip. It had very little trade-in value even though we bought the same model again!! That's been my major complaint on each car. Otherwise, the've been great"

I Love this car

By on Monday, July 2, 2012

Pros: "Suspension, Controls, Dependability"

"I have the 2000 Honda Accord EX V6 (Signet Silver) I bought this car used in 09, This is my first car and i have had it for 3 years now. It is very dependable for me to travel in going to college (Highway 120 mile trip). My leaher seats are still in perfect condtion (no cracks). And i love that it does not have a antennae (easy for car wash), it has satelite radio but not XM radio and GREAY suspension. I have steering wheel controls to my radio, and garage opener controls. It really offers a lot for a vehicle it's age. I would would recommend this car to anyone for a first vehicle!"

Great Old car!

By on Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, decent performance and great milea"

Cons: "Nothing noted"

"My car is a 2000 EX, MT with 160K miles. Owned since new and after 12 years, the car still drives great. It has some small scratches here and there, but overhall looks good for a car of that vintage. The single most expensive cost of ownership of this car has been tires. I have been running Bridgestone Potenza's, since I removed the original Michelin's 140K miles ago. Replaced battery 3 times, timing belt, water pump, plugs/wires, cap/rotor, several oil changes (every 3K)replaced brakes at 110K miles (still had significant pad remaining). Original suspension, alternator, starter, clutch. Car has been great. I have been looking for something to replace it with, but how can you replace a car that is soooo dependable and fuel efficient (35MPH hwy). I'm going to look at the 2013 Accord, but I'm not sure I want to part with $30K, just to have a new car."

Fantastic car

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Dependable"

Cons: "Too old to have XM radio standard"

"I bought this car new in 2000. My goal was to keep it 15 years, it looks like we'll make that easily. This car is reliable, comfortable, easy to drive and oh yeah, did I mention, RELIABLE. This was my first Honda, but will not be my last. Eventhough this car is 12 years old it still looks amazing."

Great service and reliability

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "Constant compliments"

Cons: "only one power outlet"

"Bought with 59 k and not a lick of trouble. All maintenance done. Consistant 28 to 30 mpg highway. Honda is a great product."

Very solid midsize car

By on Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pros: "good mileage, easy to work on, very reliable"

Cons: "cant think of any."

"Our Accord has been very reliable. No maintenance surprises. I have kept up on oil changes, replacing the timing belt and brake service and it keeps going. The only thing that stopped working was the power moon roof will not fully open anymore. Everything else after 275k still works! and it is still very reliable."

great car!!

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "very economical to drive!"

Cons: "Back seat isn't comfortable on long trips."

"Great practical car! Routine maintainence and minor repairs are all I've had to do. I bought it new in 2000 and drive it daily. A great car for the money! Good gas mileage too!"

great car for value; extremely dependable

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

Pros: "handles great; accelerates well; low maint."

Cons: "a few scrapes; needs brakes"

"gave me lots of good service at low maintenance cost. Should run ok for next 75,000 miles; only 2 sets of brakes in car's lifetime"