1999 Honda Accord

Based on 1706 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

Reliable Car

By on Sunday, September 9, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Dependable, Holds Value"

"I purchased this car new and have had absolutely no problems with it during my 12 years of ownership. I never strayed from the regular service schedule (okay, I was a little neurotic and got my oil changed sometimes at 4k miles instead of the recommended 7k). I have spent nothing more on it than regular maintenance. I am sad that I have to part with this car because I have outgrown it now that I have children. I have had an amazing run with this car and have nothing but positive reviews for it. When I first purchased this out of college my plan was to "run it into the ground" but it has outlived me instead! It performs just like the first day I drove it out of the dealership."

Good Car

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pros: "Pretty Reliable"

Cons: "Paint discolors over time."

"I bought my 02 Accord brand new in 2001. Thinking this is a brand new "Honda"I almost rejected purchasing an extended warranty. I'm glad I did because the transmission went out. The warranty saved me a lot of money. Other than that, the car has been reliable and the body style is timeless. People are always asking me if I want to sale it. I plan on driving this car until the wheels fall off. I have approx 194,000 and we're still going strong."

I could not be more pleased with a car..

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "great price, very reliable, low maintainance"

Cons: "-"

"This car is so low maintainance. It still has all the power of a v6 at 230,000 miles and has awesome gas mileage. This is my second accord and surely not my last. I could not ask for a better car or more reasonable price. I have hardly had to put any money in repairs into this car."

My 3rd Accord since age 15, LOVE THEM!

By on Sunday, December 27, 2009

"There is one guy on here who keeps leaving bad reviews for this car, you know it's him, because he can't spell (the same words.) It is true there were some re-calls on these trannys. But not ALL of them are bad. And we all know, if you routinely maintenance your honda they will run FOREVER. (EX: change oil like your supposed to) My 01 Accord I bought in April, got home to realize mine did have a faulty tranny. Took to Honda dealership, sure enough, it was going bad. Called guy I bought from, he found warranty, had went out 3 weeks before selling to me. Thought I was just totally screwed. My uncle has an import shop and told me to call Honda headquarters because they care about their customers. Happy to report Honda put in a BRAND NEW tranny just to keep me happy with their products. If that isn't a company who cares about their customers, I don't know what is. My car runs like a dream (like all my hondas have) and for the way they treated me, I will ALWAYS stand behind Honda. ALWAYS. You can't go wrong with a Honda!!! -Shelly from Tulsa"

very good and reliable vehical

By on Thursday, February 2, 2017

"I have only had minor problems with it that were all easy to fix and were due to the car coming from New York state but it runs amazing and is very comfortable and is very user friendly"