1998 Honda Accord

Based on 1709 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

can't ask for better

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "she's a good dependable car"

Cons: "a little rust forming on the back door"

"I bought the car new. At 170,000 the transmission went. Everything else on the car is fine so i had the transmission rebuilt. Car gets 32 Highway and 25 city (4 banger). Original rear breaks, front pad replaced twice. With regular maintenance, this car will keep running for several more years."

Great car for Students !

By on Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pros: "cheap fix, Gas mileage, Interior, exterior"

Cons: "Transmission, SRS light,"

"I have owned my 2001 4dr accord ex for 6 months. When I bought it the transmission went out at 136000 and I got it completely rebuilt for 1800. 1200 for labor and 600 in parts. Other than that the car hasn't failed me yet everything is still in good condition . The motor feels really strong. I feels like it has more acceleration than other accords and I was told it is because its a ulev vtec motor. Keeping the maintnence up and waiting to see how long it lasts me. It also has the SRS light on and I heard its another commen thing on this car. Overally I think this is a very good car."

Reliable Car

By on Sunday, September 9, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Dependable, Holds Value"

"I purchased this car new and have had absolutely no problems with it during my 12 years of ownership. I never strayed from the regular service schedule (okay, I was a little neurotic and got my oil changed sometimes at 4k miles instead of the recommended 7k). I have spent nothing more on it than regular maintenance. I am sad that I have to part with this car because I have outgrown it now that I have children. I have had an amazing run with this car and have nothing but positive reviews for it. When I first purchased this out of college my plan was to "run it into the ground" but it has outlived me instead! It performs just like the first day I drove it out of the dealership."

Good Car

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pros: "Pretty Reliable"

Cons: "Paint discolors over time."

"I bought my 02 Accord brand new in 2001. Thinking this is a brand new "Honda"I almost rejected purchasing an extended warranty. I'm glad I did because the transmission went out. The warranty saved me a lot of money. Other than that, the car has been reliable and the body style is timeless. People are always asking me if I want to sale it. I plan on driving this car until the wheels fall off. I have approx 194,000 and we're still going strong."

I could not be more pleased with a car..

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "great price, very reliable, low maintainance"

Cons: "-"

"This car is so low maintainance. It still has all the power of a v6 at 230,000 miles and has awesome gas mileage. This is my second accord and surely not my last. I could not ask for a better car or more reasonable price. I have hardly had to put any money in repairs into this car."

My 3rd Accord since age 15, LOVE THEM!

By on Sunday, December 27, 2009

"There is one guy on here who keeps leaving bad reviews for this car, you know it's him, because he can't spell (the same words.) It is true there were some re-calls on these trannys. But not ALL of them are bad. And we all know, if you routinely maintenance your honda they will run FOREVER. (EX: change oil like your supposed to) My 01 Accord I bought in April, got home to realize mine did have a faulty tranny. Took to Honda dealership, sure enough, it was going bad. Called guy I bought from, he found warranty, had went out 3 weeks before selling to me. Thought I was just totally screwed. My uncle has an import shop and told me to call Honda headquarters because they care about their customers. Happy to report Honda put in a BRAND NEW tranny just to keep me happy with their products. If that isn't a company who cares about their customers, I don't know what is. My car runs like a dream (like all my hondas have) and for the way they treated me, I will ALWAYS stand behind Honda. ALWAYS. You can't go wrong with a Honda!!! -Shelly from Tulsa"

Ok it has 300000 miles on it by far the best car

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"This car is the best I have ever owned. My first car was a 1951 ford just to give you some idea of how long I have been driving. This Honda is very reliable the tranny west out at 101K miles had it replaced about 10 years ago. Just maintenance since, the change oil every 3K and just try to maintain it. I bought a new 2012 ford certified fusion for my wife so far so good. I just purchased a 2013 Impala LTZ certified for myself want to keep and fix the old Honda bot we can't have 3 cars in a 2 person family. God I hate to see that car go but the time has come just hope the 2 new ones are half as good."

Fantastic car

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, excellent handling, great sound, classic"

Cons: "Side mirror location"

"Absolutely wonderful, comfortable, economical car. Not one problem with it the whole time I have owned it"

Good vehicle, very satisfied.

By on Saturday, April 19, 2014

"I have not had any major problems with my 2001, V6, Honda Accord EX-L. Alloy wheels It has run well, very comfortable riding with great suspension, very quite engine. It has a 6 CD changer, cassette tape deck and AM, FM radio."

Happy Honda Owner

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "excellent quality/value for a reasonable price"

Cons: "somewhat difficult to access the back seat"

"My 2000 Honda Accord coupe has been the best car I have ever driven. From the moment I sat in the driver's seat, I have been impressed with it's comfort and driving ease. I appreciate the stylish body of the coupe. It's a fun car to drive, responsive when you need it to be. I have always felt safe in my Accord.The only reason I am selling this vehicle after 14 years of driving pleasure is that I need four doors now. I have grandchildren and would greatly appreciate an easier way of utilizing the back seat! It's a tight squeeze, especially for adults, to access the back seat, although comfortable once you sit down."